So I had a **** of a time trying to export my address book to my computer because I am running Vista, which does not have Outlook but instead "Windows Contacts," which Desktop Manager doesn't support. So here's how to do it. I'm not sure if this is the quickest way, but it doesn't take that long and is very easy to do:

Open up a Yahoo account if you don't already have one (it is free). Open up desktop manager, connect to your Blackberry and double click on "Synchronize." Go to the "Configuration" tab, and click on "Configure synch." Click on "Address Book" and then the "Choose" button. Select "Yahoo" and "Export," then back to the main Syncrhonize window. Click the "Syncrhonize" tab, make sure "Syncrhonize Organizer Data" is on, then press "Synchronize now." Now go to address. yahoo. com. In the upper right corner, click "Import/Export." Under Export, click the button next to "Microsoft Outlook," and save the file. Now open up Windows Contacts, click the "Import" button, choose "CSV (Comma Separated Values)," and click Import. Find the CSV file that you saved from Yahoo, and there ya go. You're all set.

Hope this saved some people a headache. Any questions just post to this forum.
    12-05-07 09:41 PM
    You are obviouslsy very creative! Do you have a workaround that would enable me to import the CSV file of my Gmail address book into my Blackberry Pearl?
    12-31-07 08:29 AM
    This worked immensely better than the utility I paid $25 for. Genius points for you!
    03-12-08 12:39 PM
  4. ChangingthewaywecelebrateCoach's Avatar
    Hi there - I really appreciate your posting. I had a **** of a time trying to export address book to my computer because of Vista. I followed your tips however came across a snag. I went to yahoo.com. I didn't see the "Import/Export" in the upper right hand corner? Thanks!
    01-03-09 10:49 PM
    Did you try Options>Import contacts?
    01-04-09 12:30 AM
    Hi there - I really appreciate your posting. I had a **** of a time trying to export address book to my computer because of Vista. I followed your tips however came across a snag. I went to yahoo.com. I didn't see the "Import/Export" in the upper right hand corner? Thanks!
    I've found that if you switch to Mail Classic, the Import/Export feature becomes available.
    01-08-09 02:29 PM
    My problem is backwards of that. I need my contacts from my yahoo account onto my BB. -s it still going to be a Blackberry Desktop process?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 10:06 PM
    Open up a Yahoo account if you don't already have one (it is free). Open up desktop manager, connect to your Blackberry and double click on "Synchronize." Go to the "Configuration" tab, and click on "Configure synch." Click on "Address Book" and then the "Choose" button. Select "Yahoo" and "Export," then back to the main Syncrhonize window. Click the "Syncrhonize" tab, make sure "Syncrhonize Organizer Data" is on, then press "Synchronize now." Now go to address. yahoo. com. In the upper right corner, click "Import/Export." Under Export, click the button next to "Microsoft Outlook," and save the file. Now open up Windows Contacts, click the "Import" button, choose "CSV (Comma Separated Values)," and click Import. Find the CSV file that you saved from Yahoo, and there ya go. You're all set.

You can do the same thing without the Yahoo account part... When you get to the "Choose" part from the instructions above, choose "ASCII Importer/Exporter". This creates the same .csv file on your desktop which you can then use to import inot other programs or phones. Make sure you don't muck with the field headers or layout if you're going to use it to import back into your bb device.
    01-14-09 08:10 AM
    sweet i had this exact question when moving my contacts from my iphone and yahoo address book to my bold 9k thanks guys!!!
    03-02-09 01:39 AM
    I need to export all the contacts from my adress book to the sim card of my pearl 8100. I need some help here.

Thanks!
    04-14-09 10:58 AM
    Ive Been Using The Free Trial Of MS Outlook. Now It has expired & certain tools I Can not use Like Save & Close

I can Not Add or Edit Any Contacts At This Time of Bad Economy I Can Not Afford to Purchase MS Outlook. $399 is out Of My budget.

Is There an Appliction I can use Similar to Outook for My Address Book that will Sync to My Phone?

Too Bad Verizons Backup Assistant does not work On Blackberry
    07-05-09 01:28 PM
    what if i also have a hotmail account?
    12-21-09 01:03 PM
    i am having the hardest time. since u figured that out do you know a way i can get the file with my contacts in it from blackberry desktop manager and put them onto my windows mobile phone. My blackberry screen went out on me but before i got a new phone i took everything off of my phone using the back-up on BB desktop manager. Now i just cant find a way to get my contacts back or even view them. i can only look at the file. can someone, anyone help me????

staarr219
    05-12-10 02:10 AM
    Thank you so much!! I finally managed to tranfer my address book from my Blackberry Pearl to my new Storm 2 using the Yahoo method! I was going crazy about it...
    I imported my address book from my BB Pearl to Yahoo and then from Yahoo to my BB Storm 2 and I finally have my address book!
    I first tried with the Desktop Manager data tranfer assistant, but it changed some options on the Storm 2 and I had to wipe the handheld because the e-mail wasn't working properly (inbox and ring tones) and I couldn't fix it.

Thanks!
    05-13-10 12:47 PM
    where is import/export button????
    please
    08-17-11 02:54 PM
    hi

i have to ways and hope to solve your problem i have the same problem before but i didnt find an easy way to copy all my contact numbers to my PC and after 2 month by accidently i was trying to hack my other mobile by useing bluetooth just testing some steps.

first way : connect the 1st mobile you need to transfer the contact numbers to your 2nd mobile or your laptop by useing bluetooth then its connected from the 1st device blutooth list press on the name of your 2nd device - now you'll see an option called "trasfer contacts"

Note : it will send a file to the other device with all your contact list in one file vcf and if you open that file in receiving device it will start to add all the contacts number to the device ,so if you are using your friend or other person mobile all you need to do is to accept receiveing the file and then cloes it dont open it then download it to your PC or send it by bluetooth to your laptop.

2nd way : connect your mobile by USB and search for *.vcf files in your device and copy it . connect your other mobile and see where is the vcf files folder is and past it their.

thank you all
    Last edited by star_zam; 03-08-12 at 03:42 PM.
    03-08-12 03:34 PM
    I was able to transfer my contacts from my BB to windows contacts file in windows 7, but only half of my list was imported; does anyone know why?
    05-28-14 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD