i hid a folder on accident
    how do i unhide it?
    06-03-08 12:45 AM
    nmv got it
    06-03-08 01:07 AM
    How do you hide a folder?
    06-03-08 01:16 AM
    when you are on the folder/app you want to hide you click the blackberry button and select hide
    06-03-08 01:25 AM
    I am wondering if there is a way to like hypothetically hide/password protect lets say a folder of pictures. Lets say it was some pictures you didn't want anyone else to see but if someone were to grab your phone it wouldn't show up or it would be password protected
    06-03-08 01:42 AM
    you cna hide folders
    but i was wondering how to unhide it but i got it
    06-03-08 07:42 PM
    Woah Woah Woah! I have the same problem with a folder of pictures that i hid. But you said you fixed the problem and never told us how. Could you please enlighten me with how your problem of a hidden picture folder was solved?
    07-11-08 04:08 PM
    Are you sure you hid a folder? Or an folder icon?
    07-11-08 04:39 PM
    Nope, im positive that it was a folder while i was looking in my pictures folders and making a long list of folders to divert people from looking at "scandalous" pictures that i had taken. I then pressed the menu button, scrolled down to properties, scolled down again and checked off a little box that was marked "hidden" and Poof! I cant find them..

Folder icons on the other hand are an easy fix on the home screen.
    07-11-08 04:44 PM
    go into your menu and choose "show all" - this will unhide your stuff.
    07-11-08 04:48 PM
    Show all did not work, but on the other hand, I found out how to fix the problem..

While at the Blue media screen, press the menu button and then explore. Next go through your files and folders until you get to the one that would contain the hidden files/folders, press menu again. Scroll to Show Hidden. And you're good :-)
    07-11-08 05:08 PM
    maybe im missing something...my curve gives me the option to hide photo's, but as soon as i select hide, the media player shuts down and takes me back to the home screen on my bb...i go back into the the media player and the picture that i was trying to hide is the 1st thing that pulls up.....any thoughts?
    07-11-08 11:34 PM
    maybe im missing something...my curve gives me the option to hide photo's, but as soon as i select hide, the media player shuts down and takes me back to the home screen on my bb...i go back into the the media player and the picture that i was trying to hide is the 1st thing that pulls up.....any thoughts?
    Yeah, I tried and mine does the same thing, hide just brings me to the home screen and when I go back to check, the pic is right there.
    07-12-08 01:11 AM
    Alright, I'm pretty sure that I know exactly what you are talking about. When you press the menu button and scroll down the list you stumble upon a function that says "hide" this button is just another way of pressing the red button which brings you back to the home screen.

Instead, try this.
    While you have the picture or folder you want hidden highlighted. Press the menu key and scroll down to "Properties". On that little pop up screen will be a check off box that says "Hidden". Check it off and then Poof! it will be gone.

Then with the instructions that I had listed before you can find them again :-)
    Last edited by CurvED; 07-12-08 at 06:15 PM.
    07-12-08 06:12 PM
    Curved your a genius. I hid some scandalous pics and thought they were gone. Plus the gf will never figure out how to find them!!!
    07-15-08 09:30 PM
    More proof that there's always a new trick to learn.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 09:48 PM
    Sweet new trick up my sleeve thanks.
    07-15-08 09:58 PM
    Haha thank you, I try my best to serve you :-)

..After posting this though, I am cautious to let other Blackberry users borrow my phone, in fear of them looking at those "scandalous" pictures :-/
    07-16-08 12:06 PM
    i followed the posted instructions: go into desired folder highlight desired subfolder: click and scroll to "properties" and once i do that,thats it there are no other options it just shows the file info and size
    08-01-08 08:01 AM
    This option is a new feature for OS 4.5. -( 4.5.xx Ds44.5.xx

08-08-08 03:53 AM
    This is cool. I guess all i have to do is wait for at&t to release 4.5
    08-08-08 04:08 AM
    Or install a beta!

08-08-08 04:38 AM
    Alright, I'm pretty sure that I know exactly what you are talking about. When you press the menu button and scroll down the list you stumble upon a function that says "hide" this button is just another way of pressing the red button which brings you back to the home screen.

Instead, try this.
    While you have the picture or folder you want hidden
    highlighted. Press the menu key and scroll down to "Properties". On that little pop up screen will be a check off box that says "Hidden". Check it off and then Poof! it will be gone.

Then with the instructions that I had listed before you can find them again :-)
    For some reason can't do that from my Sprint 8330 is there something I'm missing? With the pic open I press the properties option I only get general info on the pic (size, path, etc.) but nothing on hiding it.

08-08-08 05:19 AM
    [QUOTE=TXChubbyRN;586250]For some reason can't do that from my Sprint 8330 is there something I'm missing? With the pic open I press the properties option I only get general info on the pic (size, path, etc.) but nothing on hiding it.

EDIT: Forget it I don't have 4.5 just saw that.

08-08-08 05:22 AM
    Hello, I tried this on my 8310 from at&t and when the properties window open up, there is NO little check off box that says "hidden" ? Please help.

Curved you said,

Instead, try this.
    While you have the picture or folder you want hidden highlighted. Press the menu key and scroll down to "Properties". On that little pop up screen will be a check off box that says "Hidden". Check it off and then Poof! it will be gone.

Then with the instructions that I had listed before you can find them again :-)[/QUOTE]
    08-20-08 04:53 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD