Ok I recently just got this error because of my dumb friend. And now my whole blackberry is wipped.

I have been reading ways how to fix it and I just cannot seem to do it.

I have a blackberry curve 8830 from Sprint.

My desktop manager is v4.7:

And I am trying to download: Blackberry Curve(TM) 8330 smartphone

Right now I cannot get my Blackberry to be recognized by the software on the computer.

PLEASE HELP
    07-11-09 10:56 AM
    That message means the BlackBerry has experienced a security wipe becase the password was incorrectly entered.

That can happen when you let your friends play around and ignore the multiple warnings, or, you have a stolen phone and have breached the security.

If you know the password, it can be recovered. If not, full stop.
    07-11-09 11:04 AM
    That message means the BlackBerry has experienced a security wipe becase the password was incorrectly entered.

That can happen when you let your friends play around and ignore the multiple warnings, or you have a stolen phone.

If you know the password, it can be recovered. If not, full stop.
    I know the password it is my phone. The problem is that i don't know how to get all my information back onto my phone. Right now it is unusable

It is a blank white screen with just the JVM 513 error code on it
    07-11-09 11:06 AM
    07-11-09 11:15 AM
    Yep- this is not a good error- You need to re-install the OS, if this does not resolve it then the device needs to replaced.

I just walked a cst though an OS reinstall last thursday and we recovered the device.

Good luck
    07-11-09 11:18 AM
    If it's because of the password, you won't be able to get the information back enless you did a back up. I've done this before and it isn't pleasant.
    07-11-09 11:26 AM
    Have you tried the instructions in these threads:
    2nd one
    I get stuck on step 2 cause I never see COM
    07-11-09 11:26 AM
    If it's because of the password, you won't be able to get the information back enless you did a back up. I've done this before and it isn't pleasant.
    I have a backup...the biggest problem is I can't even get it connected
    07-11-09 11:27 AM
    Have you tried the instructions in these threads:
    1st One
    CD \
    CD PROGRA~1
    CD COMMON~1
    CD RESEAR~1
    CD APPLOA~1
    LOADER /NOJVM
    I finsished that part, but then it went straight to the application loader. And when I got to the connection screen it was still blank
    07-11-09 11:34 AM
    When you plug it in via USB what does it say? It should find your device. Then you should go to DM and work it from there. Also another thing try a diff USB port I have found that a issue sometimes.
    07-11-09 11:34 AM
    When you plug it in via USB what does it say? It should find your device. Then you should go to DM and work it from there. Also another thing try a diff USB port I have found that a issue sometimes.
    It doesn't find it. Tried both USB ports.

I plug the device in. The blackberry goes to the JVM 513 screen. Nothing happens to the computer.
    07-11-09 11:39 AM
    It will always stay on that screen, the computer should atleast be seeing the Blackberry. You should be able to just run DM and then run it to get the OS back on the device.
    07-11-09 11:43 AM
    It will always stay on that screen, the computer should atleast be seeing the Blackberry. You should be able to just run DM and then run it to get the OS back on the device.
    That is what I have been reading so I am confused. Sometimes the device has a battery recharging screen. Should the battery be in or out?
    07-11-09 11:45 AM
    There will be a step when you are prompted for the password, but you have to get there first.

Lets start with the basics. Windows / Control Panel / Programs. There should be two BlackBerry programs installed, BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry device OS software. The device software must be an exact match for your device model.

If they are both present, you need to prepare it by deleting the file:

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Scrool to the bottom and delete vendor.xml.

Repeat the command line instructions, you will see Applications Loader start up and it should connect to your BlackBerry by PIN number.

It doesn't matter about the battery, it will work both ways.
    07-11-09 11:48 AM
    For the most part the battery needs to be IN the device.
    07-11-09 11:48 AM
    There will be a step when you are prompted for the password, but you have to get there first.

Lets start with the basics. Windows / Control Panel / Programs. There should be two BlackBerry programs installed, BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry device OS software. The device software must be an exact match for your device model.

If they are both present, you need to prepare it by deleting the file:

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Scrool to the bottom and delete vendor.xml.

Repeat the command line instructions, you will see Applications Loader start up and it should connect to your BlackBerry by PIN number.

It doesn't matter about the battery, it will work both ways.
    I have both of them present. How do I know that it is an exact match. I have blackberry desktop software 4.7 and Device software 4.5.0 for Blackberry 8330 Smartphone(which is what i believe i have)

I deleted the vendor.xml backup

Did command line and it finally recognized the blackberry, but then it said a fatal error occured
    07-11-09 12:15 PM
    The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to this computer.
    07-11-09 12:18 PM
    The device software (OS 4.5) does not have to match the Desktop Software (DM 4.7). They are independent of each other.

Not to make this more cumbersome, but without going into details, I suggest you uninstall DM 4.7 and install DM 4.6 before making further attempts at restoring your BB.
    07-11-09 12:30 PM
    ... I got the phone working again...
    Problems solved.
    07-11-09 03:27 PM
    hey im havin da same problem as that guy, i double clicked on the handheld loader then a screen poped and it only recognised my device as "UNKNOWN"- something and it allowed me to hit next but it doesnt show any apps for me to choose from even tho i downloaded the correct OS. help!!!
    08-07-09 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD