I received a replacement 8330 today. My previous phone had facebook 1.5 on it. My new one has 1.6 installed and I don't care for it. Can I downgrade it even though it was programmed with the higher grade? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks!
    06-25-09 07:52 PM
    If you can find a version of 1.5 floating around the intrawebz somehwere, it is simple as pie.

Remove 1.6 from your phone, download 1.5 from the intrawebz and install it on your phone.
    06-25-09 11:01 PM
    It hasn't been as simple as pie for me. All of the Facebook 1.5 files floating around I found are for OS 4.6. They can be used on the Bold and 8900. I've found nothing that will work for the 8330 Curve running OS 4.5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 02:57 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...book_1.5.0.zip

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...acebook1_5.zip

Have you tried either one of these? They are both .zip files and will have to be loaded through Desktop Manager.
    06-26-09 03:08 AM
    how do you install it
    12-28-09 01:50 AM
    you have to conect you BB to the computer after installing the desktop manager and adding it through that
    01-02-10 07:58 PM
    I too would like to fix this on the BB 8330 - I'm new at BB too, can you please provide a little bit more help to install this...
    any help would be greatly appreciated!
    01-03-10 08:04 AM
    alright, this is how i did it:

+ i unistalled the facebook app from my blackberry (you do this by going to Options>advanced options>Applications>facebook, then click on the meny key and hit 'delete' this will restart your phone) cause i already had the 1.7 version installed...

+ then, i installed the desktop manager in my computer (the cd that comes with your blackberry) its pretty easy to install

+ after that, i downloaded the v1.5, extracted it and kept the extracted folder in my desktop

+ then i connected my phone to the computer using the usb cable that comes with it, and clicked on 'application loader' and then 'add' i found the folder with the Facebook app and then i clicked on 'add' after that, close the desktop manager, unplug your phone and the Facebook 1.5 should already be in your phone...

its not as good as the Facebook 1.7 but it uploads pictures a thousand times faster

hope this helps!
    TravellingBBlover likes this.
    01-03-10 09:24 PM

+ i unistalled the facebook app from my blackberry (you do this by going to Options>advanced options>Applications>facebook, then click on the meny key and hit 'delete' this will restart your phone) cause i already had the 1.7 version installed...

+ then, i installed the desktop manager in my computer (the cd that comes with your blackberry) its pretty easy to install

+ after that, i downloaded the v1.5, extracted it and kept the extracted folder in my desktop

+ then i connected my phone to the computer using the usb cable that comes with it, and clicked on 'application loader' and then 'add' i found the folder with the Facebook app and then i clicked on 'add' after that, close the desktop manager, unplug your phone and the Facebook 1.5 should already be in your phone...

its not as good as the Facebook 1.7 but it uploads pictures a thousand times faster

hope this helps!
    followed this to a T, but FB does not show up in my folders anywhere. I check my apps and it's listed there, but no icon to click in my folders. Any ideas?
    01-04-10 07:46 PM
    anyone????
    01-06-10 02:48 PM
    I had the same exact problem - an icon won't show on the menu and I can't access it (it shows in the applications under options but that's it)

Thoughts?
    01-17-10 01:38 PM

hope this helps!
    I just did it && it works! Yay! Yeah...like you said...it's not as good as 1.7, but IT'LL DO!
    03-16-10 11:46 PM
    Worked just fine for me too! Thanks a million!!!!!!!
    04-06-10 07:55 PM
    I tried this with both zip files and it gives me an error stating "this application is not compatiable with your device and cannot be loaded"

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by orrep; 05-09-10 at 11:19 AM.
    05-09-10 11:13 AM
    ok, just found another resolution that worked for me on the 1.7 version. Resize the photo to medium in the options section of camera
    05-09-10 11:49 AM
    thanks orrep!! that worked for me too, and much less work. haha!
    07-22-10 02:11 PM
    Hallelujah
    08-13-10 05:40 PM
    I've tried to revert back to facebook v1.5 on both my bold 9000 and curve 8310...i changed my os on my bold to 4.6 and loaded facebook v1.5 via desktop manager 4.6

when i click on the facebook app icon it takes me to my browser page to upgrade the facebook version???? is there a workaround? or how to I go back to facebook v1.5 and it not do this?
    10-26-10 01:40 PM
    I received a replacement 8330 today. My previous phone had facebook 1.5 on it. My new one has 1.6 installed and I don't care for it. Can I downgrade it even though it was programmed with the higher grade? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks!
    Why would you want to go back to 1.5 when 1.9 is already out in beta. Do we have some advantages with 1.5 ?
    10-26-10 01:50 PM
    Why would you want to go back to 1.5 when 1.9 is already out in beta. Do we have some advantages with 1.5 ?
    FB v1.5 still allows you to sync contacts and calendar...to my knowledge any newer FB versions have these features disabled due to a incorrect default IT setting.
    10-27-10 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD