I'm absolutely 100% fed up with trying to connect my BB's to my router. I have a Netgear RangeMax WPN824v3...both my BB's just wont connect. I'd LOVE to use it for UMA calls because the Tmo reception in my apartment is useless. I have been troubleshooting this for literally months. Tried everything but standing on my head in the corner. Even my co-workers (i work for RIM partner support) can't figure it out....and we cant figure it out, Jesus couldn't figure it out! I guess this is just a venting post, because I made several posts in the past about various things regarding this. If anyone else out there has experienced issues with Netgears and their WIFI/UMA, etc...please let me know. Is there a preferred router out there that anyone recommends?

EDIT: I'll correct myself...my Curve has connected once...just out of the blue I looked down and it displayed my SSID on the home screen. My other BB is for work and I'm not so worried about it, because it doesn't even have a voice plan. But my 8320...that's the one I need to talk on.
    Last edited by KIMMIEK; 11-06-08 at 11:33 PM.
    11-06-08 11:30 PM
    Is your router using any type of security? Such as MAC or WAP?
    If so you will have to either disable WAP or enter the MAC address of the BB in the Trusted PC list. To find the MAC of the BB go to Options and then Status what you are looking for is the WLAN MAC.
    Hope that helps as I am using a Netgear with no problems....you will have to upgrade your Service Contact with TMO to support the TMO hotspots option and last check it was $19.95/month
    Good luck
    11-07-08 07:02 AM
    IMO netgear routers are junk. get a t-mobile router directly from t-mobile $30 for a linksys pre-configured for wi-fi/uma got mine wednesday(I had a linksys 54g that was 3 years old before which would randomly drop its wi-fi) working perfectly now
    11-07-08 05:33 PM
    Hey, I can barely spell Wi-Fi, but I found a solution for my 9700 vs Netgear (WPN824v3) issue.

I did a little digging over in the Netgear sponsored forums, and some GENIUS over there suggested tunning off WMM (Wireless Multi Media) on my router and shazam!

Green Check = White Wi-Fi logo = happiness

I make no warranty, but it seems to work for me!
    06-03-10 01:40 AM
    Good you got it fixed I have a Netgear router too but never had an issue like you did.
    06-04-10 09:17 AM
    I'm not having any difficulties connecting to my router but whenever i checked my manage connection my Wi-Fi is (-) but in yellow. Ain't it supposed to be green?
    06-04-10 01:46 PM
    I don't Have WiFi on my 8330 but I do have bluetooth paired with a puck an it is always (checked to be on in the box) and yellow unless it is connected to the puck device then it is green.Whe I disconnect from my puck it go back to yellow
    06-06-10 08:54 AM
    I'm not having any difficulties connecting to my router but whenever i checked my manage connection my Wi-Fi is (-) but in yellow. Ain't it supposed to be gI believe your BB has foundreen?
    I believe your BB has found your router, and may have signed in, but you are not exchanging data until you have a green check and a white Wi-Fi icon.

--But I am not very qualified to coment on this - unless spending hours screwing around makes you qualified!--

Cheers,
    06-06-10 04:39 PM
    I may have to agree with a poster above that Netgear routers aren't that great. My friend has one and both his sister and myself (blackberry 8320 owners) can't use the internet on Wifi. We connect but we can't surf or anything. On top of that, the Wifi range is very strange, my friend's surfing would be limited if he was out in the living room which is only one room away from the router's location. This is a netgear modem/router I am speaking of.
    06-07-10 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD