Hi guys, I just downloaded the new Desktop Manager v4.7 and installed it, and when I connected my Curve (8310), it said there were a bunch of software updates (it had to update the OS from the one I was running, v4.2, to v4.5).

Anyways, it went through the upgrade process and right at the end it gave me a message like "A fatal error has occurred"...now my BB just has a white screen with some error icon in the middle, and I can't seem to do anything.

How do I fix this? I've looked around the forums, and the only fixes I've seen seem to be for different models, and have confusing steps.

Can someone please guide me through what I need to do?

Also, is everything that was on my phone gone forever? All my SMS, contacts, everything? Please help me!!!!
    03-08-09 06:50 PM
    Anyone? Please?
    03-08-09 07:16 PM
    03-08-09 07:19 PM
    First get rid of 4.7. Uninstall that and download desktop manager 4.6 without media manager. Next go here http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137570/ and download the OS for your phone.
    Or you can download it from your service provider by going to Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at Blackberry.com then support then downloads and select desktop and handheld software. It will then give you a link to access your service providers download page. Either is fine to do.
    If you go with the OS from the first link I gave you make sure you follow the instructions. There is a link in my signature for proper upgrade/downgrade procedure. This should help you get back on track. Keep us posted and feel free to ask more questions if you need help.
    03-08-09 07:21 PM
    After you have 4.6 desktop manager installed on your pc and have downloaded and installed 4.5 OS for your device. Try hooking it back up to the pc and starting desktop manager...see where that takes you.
    03-08-09 07:23 PM
    Ok, I'm in the process of downloading 4.6 and will try what you said...but did I lose everything that was on my phone? I'm most concerned about my contacts, a lot of those phone numbers I do not have elsewhere.
    03-08-09 07:27 PM
    I also notice when I go to download the OS package for my provider (Rogers), the version is not the same that you specified...here's the one it says:

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.108 (Multilanguage)

While you said 4.5.0.124...is there a difference? Should I be downloading something different? I chose to do it the second way you mentioned, since the first way seemed more confusing...
    03-08-09 07:30 PM
    the way you did it is fine, the version you downloaded is the official os released from rogers. This same thing happened to me took me a while but i got it back working but my phone was new so i didnt really loose my info but during the upgrade process it does backup all of your info and saves it somewhere on your computer you just have to find it
    03-08-09 07:36 PM
    Ok, I installed 4.6, but when I connect my 8310, nothing happens...I have the 4.5 OS file downloaded and sitting on my desktop...how do I get it onto the phone?
    03-08-09 07:46 PM
    You have to install the 4.5 OS on your machine, have you done that?

This thread gives instructions

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137570/

Do you have the ATT official OS 4.5.0.110 or this one above?
    03-08-09 07:47 PM
    No I haven't...I thought the 4.5 OS file was for the phone? You mean I'm supposed to run the 4.5 OS file on my PC and install it there?
    03-08-09 07:48 PM
    No I haven't...I thought the 4.5 OS file was for the phone? You mean I'm supposed to run the 4.5 OS file on my PC and install it there?
    Aye - see the thread above. The OS must be installed on the PC for it to run along with DM. It is for the phone but you upgrade from the PC to the phone....
    03-08-09 07:49 PM
    Double click the OS file you downloaded and it will install for you .
    03-08-09 07:50 PM
    Ok I will install that and post back when it's done...
    03-08-09 07:50 PM
    Ok, that is done installing...now what?

When I connect my 8310...it still won't find it...Desktop Manager is running and it won't seem to connect to the device =/
    03-08-09 07:54 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137570/

Best of luck. Sure someone will walk you through it
    03-08-09 07:54 PM
    Okay, but like I said...DM won't find my BB connected...I've plugged it in via USB and DM won't find it...help?
    03-08-09 08:02 PM
    Any ideas how to fix that?
    03-08-09 08:13 PM
    Icon.....I know youve been given alot of links tonight but here is one more that should help you get back on track. BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com Take a quick read and you should be able to get back going. If this dont work we will help you in another way. Keep us posted
    03-08-09 08:19 PM
    Ok...I get to step 2, where you have to get the exact moment where the connection box says "USB-PIN:UNKNOWN"...but mine never says that.

I've tried it both with and without the battery...and it never changes to that (and it's not because I'm missing it, I never see it change or flicker to that then back, it just sits on COM1).

Any ideas?
    03-08-09 08:28 PM
    Anyone please help!
    03-08-09 08:45 PM
    try it on a different computer
    honestly when this happened to me i tried for a whole day on my computer the next day i decided to try my brothers computer and right away it connected
    03-08-09 08:55 PM
    try it on a different computer
    honestly when this happened to me i tried for a whole day on my computer the next day i decided to try my brothers computer and right away it connected
    I had to do that too one time. For some reason it wasn't being recognized on this one so I tried it on my laptop and it worked like a charm.

Now it works fine on this one again.

~Jazzi~

03-08-09 09:00 PM
    Okay, but like I said...DM won't find my BB connected...I've plugged it in via USB and DM won't find it...help?
    Have you already tried another USB port? You may wanna try that also.
    03-08-09 09:04 PM
    Yes I'd have to agree. Gonna have to try this on another computer meaning your gonna have to download all the stuff again.
    03-08-09 09:13 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD