According to an article in Mens Health Best Life the Curve ranked fith and sixth in a study of cellphones most liklry to give you the Big C! Best Life Magazine: Health & Fitness: The Cell Tolls for Thee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Best Life Magazine: Health & Fitness: The Cell Tolls for Thee

fixed the link
    Last edited by pltaylor; 07-30-08 at 05:27 PM.
    07-30-08 12:32 PM
    You may have to cut and paste the link I'm on the wap
    And it doesn't seem to be working

07-30-08 12:34 PM
    good thing i have verizon, all you sprint customers are gonna be gone before me
    07-30-08 12:35 PM
    I would rather get Cancer from my Curve (which I highly doubt will happen) than do suffer a long life without my Berry LOL!

Or, lung cancer, prostate cancer... etc
    07-30-08 12:35 PM
    good thing i have verizon, all you sprint customers are gonna be gone before me
    Does that even make sense??

Verizon and Sprint both use the 8330!!
    07-30-08 12:36 PM
    Well it's either cancer or forget everything.
    07-30-08 12:38 PM
    No, it doesn't make sense. They have the same rating.
    07-30-08 12:39 PM
    that is pretty funny....if u look on the side they put sprint first but the numbers next to the sprint and verizon 8830 are the exact same haha....maybe verizon paid them to put them after sprint lol
    07-30-08 12:40 PM
    Oh well..... at least we'll die with our Berries in our hands!!
    07-30-08 12:40 PM
    "If you ain't got cancer, you ain't nobody" - The Late Great Frank Sinatra

07-30-08 12:42 PM
    I'll just take my chances. When I'm talking, I try to use the headphones or speakerphone, though.
    07-30-08 12:48 PM
    I'm too busy typing to get cancer - I never have it to my head, so what possible cancer could I get if it's in my lap while I text? Uh oh, , I just realized....
    07-30-08 12:49 PM
    "If you ain't got cancer, you ain't nobody" - The Late Great Frank Sinatra

Well then, I'm somebody. Darn!!

Won't make me get rid of my BB. Got cancer a long time before I got the big "C". Of course, I always ate blackberries. Hmmmm....
    07-30-08 12:50 PM
    Its actually a 4 way tie for third.

What's that smell? Hey is that a Motorola your using? Smells like bacon!

07-30-08 12:52 PM
    I figure I'm always doing SOMETHING to risk cancer but I can't give up my Curve any more than I can soda! I'll blame the soda.

07-30-08 12:54 PM
    I find it funny that the top 4 are Motorola phones. Slowly but surely, that company is killing people (with crappy phones and cancer, all at the same time.)

I strongly think that this is bull. Then again there was a time when people thought cigarettes wouldn't kill you. And hey, maybe eating healthy is what'll be killing us in 20 years.

I think it's important to remember that enough research will tend to support any theory.
    07-30-08 12:55 PM
    it was just a joke geeze....... i know they have the same rating they just happen to be one place above verizon
    07-30-08 01:02 PM
    I find it funny that the top 4 are Motorola phones. Slowly but surely, that company is killing people (with crappy phones and cancer, all at the same time.)

I strongly think that this is bull. Then again there was a time when people thought cigarettes wouldn't kill you. And hey, maybe eating healthy is what'll be killing us in 20 years.

I think it's important to remember that enough research will tend to support any theory.
    I don't think eating healthy would kill us in twenty years... unless, maybe, you are talking about genetically modified foods which is a possibility!

I always thought that the link between cell phones and cancer was bull too but we could be wrong in the distant future. D:

Sorta scary to think about.
    07-30-08 01:04 PM
    Just about 99% of the population has a cell phone~wouldnt this mean that at least 50% of them would have brain cancer?
    07-30-08 01:05 PM
    The article is hype...they couldn't even spell "glioma" correctly.

If cellphones caused brain cancer, it would have been reflected in cancer rates by now, and it hasn't. You're thousands of times more likely to die in a motor vehicle crash than from a brain tumor, anyway. People need to stop worrying so much...worry causes stress, and that will kill you quicker than a few milliwatts of radio energy.
    07-30-08 01:12 PM
    So, where does my model rank?
    07-30-08 01:13 PM
    Phones are getting more and more powerful so I do believe there is a small amount of risk to excessive use. However I still enjoy steak and a cigar every now and then so how dumb would be for me to worry about this........still glad I have a pearl though!

07-30-08 01:14 PM
    Lol what doesn't give you cancer these days? Sugar TV pop paint cell phones MP3 players . . . Air. Lol I have a pearl but I wouldn't stress it if I had a curve

07-30-08 01:17 PM
    Id like to see this study repeated with the new 3 and 4g phones just out of curiosity

07-30-08 01:21 PM
    Curve causing cancer huh? Well I guess we'll see how long crackberry will last once we're all gone lol

07-30-08 01:24 PM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD