My computer is not recognizing my BB as a device in my computer. The F drive, which it should be, just keeps saying PLEASE INSERT A DISK... and I've plugged in my usb cord in every usb port on my laptop. On the bottom it has safely remove hardware and i've removed and installed it twice, shut down my phone twice, and everytime the BB says the whole mass storage thing, i click yes. Im confused because about a month ago this worked and I was able to get pics off my phone. Someone help please...
    Last edited by hartlesspunk; 05-04-09 at 08:56 PM. Reason: no responses
    05-04-09 08:01 PM
    I bet that your F drive is now occupied by something else. Do you use any type of virtual drive software like daemon tools? Windows can be bad about assigning the same drive letter to 2 devices.

Go to contol panel, administrative tools and open computer management. Now on the left hand side open disk management. Do all of this with your blackberry connected to your computer. It should list your bb as one of the drives. I would then right click on the bb drive and select "change drive letter". Select something like "z" as long as it is not used. This will help stop windows from doubling the devices on one letter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mjs31; 05-04-09 at 09:12 PM.
    05-04-09 09:10 PM
    its not even showing up now. this is ridiculous. ive restarted, uninstalled and installed and everything like a billion times. think sprint store could help me tomorrow?
    05-04-09 09:21 PM
    Do you have the desktop manager installed on your computer ?
    05-04-09 09:23 PM
    I bet that your F drive is now occupied by something else. Do you use any type of virtual drive software like daemon tools? Windows can be bad about assigning the same drive letter to 2 devices.

Go to contol panel, administrative tools and open computer management. Now on the left hand side open disk management. Do all of this with your blackberry connected to your computer. It should list your bb as one of the drives. I would then right click on the bb drive and select "change drive letter". Select something like "z" as long as it is not used. This will help stop windows from doubling the devices on one letter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    When I did that its saying NO MEDIA under neath the drive
    05-04-09 09:30 PM
    Do you have the desktop manager installed on your computer ?
    desktop manager?
    i have vista, i bought my laptop in december... got my blackberry in feb and connected it like 2 or 3 time and it worked fine, and this is the first time since than that im doing it and now having problems? weird!
    05-04-09 09:31 PM
    Does it activate the add new hardware wizard when you plug it into the computer? It may not have all the drivers for usb storage device and that's why it is not showing up. Desktop Manager btw is a software package that either came with your device on a disc or you can dl it.
    05-04-09 09:35 PM
    yeah add new hardware comes up and i jus installed in AGAIN. I have the disk in hand, im gonna install it
    05-04-09 09:47 PM
    Okay try that because I have a feeling the drivers for usb storage device are missing.
    05-04-09 09:49 PM
    says drivers for usb storage device are there..
    i did the disk and installed desktop manager
    and it install roxio but its only showing the stuff in my computer, not on my phone.
    05-04-09 10:11 PM
    and when i click on blackberry media card it says to please insert media card
    05-04-09 10:13 PM
    Have you tried another usb port? If the drivers are there then it should be a matter of plugging it in and it showing up as a removable drive with mass storage mode enabled.
    05-04-09 10:15 PM
    and when i click on blackberry media card it says to please insert media card
    okay go to options>media card>media card support: On?
    05-04-09 10:16 PM
    okay go to options>media card>media card support: On?
    its says on
    05-04-09 10:22 PM
    i have another memory card... with nothing on it... should i try putting that in the phone?
    Maybe there is something wrong w. the memory card??? but the only problem then is i have a bunch of pictures saved on there that arent on computer... what do i do in that case?
    05-04-09 10:23 PM
    Yes try that other card if it works then you may have either a corrupt file on the media card or it might just be faulty altogether. If you have a micro sd card reader then you can plug that card into your computer, even drag and drop files from it to your computer or your berry.
    05-04-09 10:27 PM
    no i dont even know what a micro sd card reader is
    05-04-09 10:28 PM
    just try another card and post back the result
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-04-09 at 10:34 PM.
    05-04-09 10:32 PM
    A micro sd reader allows you to take your micro sd card and fit it into this adapter and the card can be read by plugging it into a usb port on your computer. They normally come in the package along with your micro sd cards. Go ahead and put the other card in the device and let's see if everything checks out. You can always go get a reader later if you need to...
    05-04-09 10:34 PM
    still not working with new card in there. this is sooo ridiculous. its really makin me not want the damn phone
    05-04-09 10:35 PM
    just try another card and post back the result
    not working with new card.
    05-04-09 10:36 PM
    is the new card unformatted?

so basically, when you connect the blackberry, the F: drive shows up in "My Computer" and when double clicked it comes with the INSERT DISK error right?
    05-04-09 10:38 PM
    A micro sd reader allows you to take your micro sd card and fit it into this adapter and the card can be read by plugging it into a usb port on your computer. They normally come in the package along with your micro sd cards. Go ahead and put the other card in the device and let's see if everything checks out. You can always go get a reader later if you need to...
    micro sd card came with phone and i have another one from a phone i had before. so i never actually purchased them seperately, so i dont think i have that case. the only thing my boyfriend has is some little thing you put it in and put it in a photo machine and you can print pictures from it, like at cvs, walmart, rite aid.
    05-04-09 10:38 PM
    good question i dont know. how do i do that
    05-04-09 10:39 PM

so basically, when you connect the blackberry, the F: drive shows up in "My Computer" and when double clicked it comes with the INSERT DISK error right?
    ya thats exactly what happens.,( my laptop is vista btw)
    05-04-09 10:40 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD