Whenever I try to use the camera function it gives me the following error message:

"Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."

I have been through all the apps and can't find any that are open. 1)Is there a way to see all apps at the same time? 2) Is there something running that I can't see?

You guys came through last time I needed help. So Thanks.
    10-20-08 01:50 PM
    When the camera function won't work usually it is because too many applications are running at once. Click your menu button when you are on the main screen and select "Switch Application." You will then see the applications that are still running. Select one and exit it and then you should be able to operate the camera. Usually if you just close one or two applications you should be fine.
    10-20-08 02:15 PM
    Okay, here's what it's showing as open when I go to switch applications:
    phone, browser, home screen, messages, bb messenger, ptt

The browser is not really open (just to make sure I opened it and closed it again. When I try to close bb messenger, it will close, but then just reappear. Can't close the ptt function. I don't use bb messenger or ptt.
    ???
    10-20-08 03:02 PM
    I read another thread on here some time ago where the member was also experiencing problems with the camera. It turns out the camera lens had shifted out of position and this was causing the error. I'll see if I can find, I don't know whether it will help you but could be worth checking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 03:19 PM
    Here is the thread I was talking about

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/cann...-camera-81529/

10-20-08 03:22 PM
    Okay so I had thee same damn problem and I was suppa mad.but I went to looking for solutions and its true.

Ur lense just moved.so do these exact steps and if it don't work just keep trying.

1)Remove back cover2)Press gently, but firmly on lense (you should hear a click)3)Battery Pull

Apparently if dropped at all, the camera can shift!
    Fact:I know this sounds dumb but this actually worked for me on the first try.

Reply and tell me if it works for u.kay
    08-12-09 01:50 AM
    Okay so I had thee same damn problem and I was suppa mad.but I went to looking for solutions and its true.

Ur lense just moved.so do these exact steps and if it don't work just keep trying.

1)Remove back cover2)Press gently, but firmly on lense (you should hear a click)3)Battery Pull

Apparently if dropped at all, the camera can shift!
    Fact:I know this sounds dumb but this actually worked for me on the first try.

Reply and tell me if it works for u.kay

THIS WORKED FOR ME, I WAS HIGHLY UPSET ALL DAY YESTERDAY, I logged onto the site from my BB but wasn't getting CLEAR answers. Today I logged on from a PC and was able to see everything better...

I tried steps 1-2-3 MAYBE 3-4 times and it finally worked. Thanks again!!
    08-19-09 09:01 AM
    THIS WORKED FOR ME, I WAS HIGHLY UPSET ALL DAY YESTERDAY, I logged onto the site from my BB but wasn't getting CLEAR answers. Today I logged on from a PC and was able to see everything better...

I tried steps 1-2-3 MAYBE 3-4 times and it finally worked. Thanks again!!

well , I am having all of the same issues, I removed the battery cover and pressed on the lens as you've recommended and it's no longer giving me a black screen, when I take a picture though it won't take it so Imma try cleaning the lens and see what happens. BTW ty!
    09-22-09 01:26 PM
    Wow. I can't believe pushing a bit on the lens solved that for me too on my Blackberry Pearl. Thank you!
    09-26-09 09:22 PM
    I didnt know what was ment by jiggle the lens, i have a tour. I took the battery out and tapped the phone lightly on my hand and pressed on the lens, which is actually located on the back of the phone not under the battery. Any way to my surprise it worked!! Thanks so much!!
    10-06-09 06:58 PM
    OK, I thought you all were "cracked" about pushing on the camera lense. I had the same issue with my camera not working. On my first try, it worked! Thank you all for your input!
    10-07-09 10:05 PM
    It's amazing, but this is the miracle solution.
    10-08-09 06:42 AM
    Well I am glad I checked Crackberry before I went through the trouble of replacing the phone! And the pushing on the lens worked! Although I had a hard time touching the lens and used a paperclip and that worked and I heard the "pop"! This worked for me! I am glad it was not something more serious! And it also fixed the sd card reader error I was getting. Thank you for sharing!
    10-12-09 01:13 PM
    Wow, my fiance's storm is doing this.. i'll get her to try that. everything id found so far said it was hardware issue, get it replaced. i hope this works for her!
    10-12-09 01:17 PM
    I heard the pop but it was my Lens breaking now I have a broken lens and no camera still

10-13-09 09:07 PM
    Had same issue, but did Lens push and Battery pull and camera works now. Thanks!
    10-17-09 02:59 PM
    Did it, didn't hear a pop but it still worked.
    10-19-09 02:20 PM
    This did not work for me. Others told me to wipe the phone. I am going to give that a shot now.
    10-21-09 06:29 PM
    im trying to do this on my storm but it wont work =/
    10-21-09 11:54 PM
    Wiped the phone and tried a half dozen things that people have done to fix it on this site and still nothing. I think I am just going to have to take it in to TMO. I have insurance so I am going to see if this is covered.

10-22-09 12:42 PM
    I read this thread and thought to myself... what the heck kind of 'solution' is that. The problem was I was fed up with it, trying to get the camera to work. I was sure the problem had to do with my upgrading to 5.0, dispite the fact that I downgraded back to 4.7.1.40, the camera wouldn't work, no matter what. I did at least 2 factory resets, 3 wipes, plenty of reloads (using my download from verizon/blackberry, as well as letting DM download and load it for me). No matter what I tried, it was to no avail... I was desperate... so I did this stupid push on the lense thing... and did it work?

Well heck yes it did. Granted, I ended up having to remove the adhesive lense cover to get enough *umph* on the lense... but it did the trick. After 3 days and many head-aches, it works again.

How many times must I say it. I love Crackberry. The CB nation is most assuredly filled with brilliance... as odd sounding and boarder-line silly as the brilliance might be at times.

Thanks to all who post solutions, hints, tips, and tricks on here. You guys are great and make the CB Nation the perfect free country.
    11-03-09 10:24 PM
    Thanks For Helping Me 2
    11-27-09 01:45 AM
    ive closed all applications that i can, pressed the thing on the lens..
    does it work.. of course not.

whats going on?

ive also taken the battery out.
    awesomex
    11-29-09 08:28 AM
    call your network and have them reset it for you. battery pulls work too..but not always as it seems.
    11-29-09 03:41 PM
    anyway to get that to work with the storm? i've been trying to get the lens to move, but it won't budge
    12-19-09 12:17 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD