There is a blue dot at the top of my curve screen. Up were the icon for messages and alarm is located that I dont know how to get rid of. I dont know what the heck it is but I sense that it may be affecting my battery life. Please help!

[email protected]
    11-01-07 10:05 AM
    have you enabled the PTT (push to talk) feature?
    11-01-07 10:06 AM
    That would be the PTT feature. I'd recommend removing PTT if you don't plan on using it.
    11-01-07 10:12 AM
    how do you remove ptt
    11-01-07 12:35 PM
    Make sure you have the OS downloaded and installed on your computer, copy javaloader.exe to your c:\windows\system32 directory so it's in your path by default, then open a command prompt by going to start/run/cmd

Type in each command 1 at a time because your BB will reboot after the 1st time.

javaloader.exe -usb erase -f net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
    javaloader.exe -usb erase -f KnJCDE.cod
    11-01-07 12:41 PM
    Yeah PTT is useless UNLESS everyone you know on AT&T service has a PTT enable phone. Plus I believe AT&T charges for using that service.
    You should be able to go into the PTT app and turn it off by selecting 'Close'
    11-01-07 12:45 PM
    there isnt an easier method to delete the PTT feature once you've attivated it?
    11-01-07 12:46 PM
    Audit- excellent idea to do it that way!!!
    Wolfscmb- with a previous phone that had PTT on it, I was able to turn it off by the suggestion I just gave, but not remove it. I am not touching it on my BB, I hate that darn thing. Lol!
    Last edited by EtherealLover; 11-01-07 at 12:51 PM.
    11-01-07 12:48 PM
    If there's an easier way, I haven't heard or seen it yet, this takes a total of 3 minutes to do with the BB rebooting. I do it to every BB I get my hands on.
    11-01-07 12:53 PM
    Audit- excellent idea to do it that way!!!
    Wolfscmb- with a previous phone that had PTT on it, I was able to turn it off by the suggestion I just gave, but not remove it. I am not touching it on my BB, I hate that darn thing. Lol!
    WHAT IS PTT AND DO I HAVE IT ON MY 8320 CURVE FROM TMOBILE
    11-01-07 01:16 PM
    PTT is a service from ATT ... their version of a nextel
    11-01-07 01:21 PM
    Hallelujah! Thank you audit! I was able to get the push to talk dot off my phone. I called AT&T and they were not able do much of anything to help. I finally was able to locate PPT application and turn it on then back off and it went away. It has been annoying me for about a week now. Glad to have gotten rid of it. Thanks again!
    11-01-07 10:06 PM
    Thanks Audit! These directions helped me get PTT off my screen and phone as well. It was fairly simple once I finally found a download for javaloader.exe.

I found it here in case anyone else needs it 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download JavaLoader.exe
    Last edited by AJErvin12; 03-22-08 at 09:57 PM.
    03-22-08 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD