Everything has been resolved, thanks for everything everybody!
    You're welcome
    05-27-09 01:57 PM
    Everything has been resolved, thanks for everything everybody!
    Just a note on the USB driver. It might be corrupted and may need to be re-installed. It takes about a minute. I had a problem with my iPod no longer being recognized and maybe this will help you too.

Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>On the left select "device manager" then once the device manager is viewable on the right window, at the bottom you'll see "Universal Serial Bus Controllers." Collapse that.

While you're phone is connected to the USB drive, you'll probably have a yellow warning sign on the driver for that Blackberry. Highlight it, right click it and uninstall it. After that highlight Universal Serial Bus Controllers again, right click it and select "Scan For New Devices" and it should pick up your phone. Hopefully this helps.
    05-27-09 02:15 PM
    I am having exactly the same problem and have tried all of the above suggested fixes. I even went so far as to wipe EVERYTHING on my laptop out and reset it to the original factory specifications.

I'm about to conclude that there is something wrong with that last batch of Vista and/or XP updates that has messed me up. I can't blame it solely on Vista since I also tried it on an XP machine. I have been using DM to synch and backup routinely then it all quit working two or three weeks ago. My battery will charge but other than that nothing.

Not only am I going to lose my contacts, I have an entire e-library that I can no longer transfer (yikes!) and I have no access to Bluetooth.

Any more ideas?

After about 3 hours on the phone with RIM, since my 8320 is still under warranty, they just gave up and decided that the phone was broken and threw it back to T-Mobile to replace. I guess I'll never know what the problem was...and still get the "pleasure" of reinstalling everything.....sigh.
    06-04-09 11:41 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD