I have been looking for a good case. I have purchased a basic clip and don't like it. I now have a body glove but its hard to get in and out of my pocket and on/off for cleaning.I was reading a review on here that says the body glove also wears off if inside your pocket, but I like screen potection.

The question is what is a good hard case that has a screen protector and can use a chip when needed as well? Or at least fit into a BB leather clip case.

Thanks in Advanced
    Chris

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 09:30 PM
    Honestly look into an invisible shield. Zagg.com. Holsters and cases with clips greatly add to the size of the phone.

05-03-09 10:02 PM
    I can only recommend OtterBox. Its bulky ugly, etc. But as far as screen protection and body protection, nothing beats it, literally, its fallen off my ladder and still here
    05-03-09 10:17 PM
    I can only recommend OtterBox. Its bulky ugly, etc. But as far as screen protection and body protection, nothing beats it, literally, its fallen off my ladder and still here
    man that is one sturdy case
    05-03-09 10:21 PM
    I'm purchasing an invisible shield from Zagg but trying to deside if I purchase the whole body including screen OR just the screen and pick up a seido innocence case and holster to go along with it.

Opinions?

05-03-09 11:32 PM
    I use the seido with a screen protecter with the seido clip

05-04-09 12:48 AM
    If you are thinking of Zagg, consider the BSE product. It is the same at a fraction of the price:

Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page

05-04-09 01:11 AM
    Do you think the Seido screen protector is just as good as any of the other screen protectors? I would much rather purchase from all 1 location rather then 2 or 3.

Does your Siedo hinder anything in the way of performance? Signal strength? Or anything of that nature.

05-04-09 02:10 AM
    Otter box.... Defiantly a phone saver....

05-04-09 08:56 AM
    I have been looking for a good case. I have purchased a basic clip and don't like it. I now have a body glove but its hard to get in and out of my pocket and on/off for cleaning.I was reading a review on here that says the body glove also wears off if inside your pocket, but I like screen potection.

The question is what is a good hard case that has a screen protector and can use a chip when needed as well? Or at least fit into a BB leather clip case.

Thanks in Advanced
    Chris
    I use a clear, hard plastic case that I bought directly from T-Mobile. It comes with its own clip and is very durable. (I've dropped it several times and still no damage to my Blackberry.) They are 9.99 at a T-Mo store and 19.99 on their site but if you go on ebay and search for cases for the curve you can find them for cheaper. The only downside to it is that it is difficult to put the phone into the OEM leather case.

05-04-09 09:01 AM
    I have personally used just about every case and skin available for every phone imaginable. Here is what I have experienced. I put my phone in my front pocket. I have used the clear crystal case and lint gets underneath and looks terrible, not to mention it forces lint to gather around the places you do not want it (trackball and middle buttons, ear hole). I have used BSE and Invisible shield, they caused lint to gather just around the edges (and are somewhat difficult to put on and can peal) and this is also annoying. I have used the Seidio innocase with clear front and all black. The clear front also shows all kinds of lint but the black is much better. You can clean it out on a daily basis and the lint is hidden throughout the day. However, when you drop it the case typically splits in two and pops off. It still protects very well but there could be some damage on the second bounce. Also, screen protectors typically peal up on the corners with this case. So you may just need to use the all black innocase without the screen protector. If you need a heavy duty case buy the otterbox, very bulky but good. I can go on but I will spare you. However, I will say the best item I have used in my vast experience is the pouch that came with my curve. It keeps lint out of the keypad/trackball/screen, protects from in pocket scratches (keys, money) and will protect against out of the pocket drops (unless you are using your phone out of pouch of course). It also gives you the option of "in pouch" settings.

So to summarize, I believe the best case is the innocase by seidio in all black without a screen protector (if you can use a screen protector even better). Best for heavy duty protection is otterbox. However, if you don't drop your phone much while using and want to keep lint out, use the oem pouch (it will also protect against "pulling out of pocket drops" which I believe are most common. (Keep in mind though that the top is exposed a tad bit). Hope this helps.
    05-04-09 10:10 AM
    I use the body glove and i have had a drop and nothing. it fell from my pocket to the hard ground. i thought i killed it and nothing
    05-04-09 11:46 AM
    I dident like any of the cases on the market either so i added a metal clip the the case the phone came with and it work great.
    05-04-09 11:53 AM
    I've dropped my phone on concrete a fair number of times and my silicone skin has protected my phone from any damage at all. It absorbs every bit of the shock so the phone doesn't have to suffer any dents/chips/scratches whatsoever. I also use a BSE underneath it so if you'd like screen protection, it'll definitely do the job with the silicone case. Those two make the perfect combination to a well protected, and well presentable phone.
    05-04-09 11:57 AM
    I dident like any of the cases on the market either so i added a metal clip the the case the phone came with and it work great.
    Where did you buy the metal clip you used and how did you attach it to the case?
    05-04-09 01:21 PM
    Another vote for the Otterbox defender case.
    05-04-09 02:45 PM
    Case-Mate Smart Skin is the best and fits into a leather holster

05-04-09 02:47 PM
    I just purchased this case-mate case that covers everything but the screen (does include a transparent cover to put on the screen):

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=M9U2oiyJ

I love it and recommend it, as long as you don't need something that will protect it from falling a large distance. It's the first case I've ever seen/used that has a protected (think from dust) keyboard cover that is still usable.

My 2 cents, and I have a Verizon 8330.
    05-04-09 02:49 PM
    I too am a new curve 8330 owner and tried a few different optipons. Tried the BodyGlove and liked that it had the built in screen protector, but thought it was a bit hard to get in & out of pocket. Got the Invisible Shield from Zagg and found that I can only use the screen protector with the Seidio rubberized hard case, but really like the combination. I also plan on getting an Otterbox for those rougher outdoors days. Found all on ebay.

05-21-09 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD