what is the best car mount for the curve? Windshield - (suction), cigarette mount or vent? which models are recommended of either?
    06-21-08 04:29 AM
    I used a Proclip with my PPC for years and will be getting a new holder for my Curve soon. Has been a great mount and attaches nice and solid to my dash.
    06-21-08 07:40 AM
    I used a Proclip with my PPC for years and will be getting a new holder for my Curve soon. Has been a great mount and attaches nice and solid to my dash.
    X2! My wife and I have been using these for the last couple of years. Very well made.
    06-21-08 08:23 AM
    I bought a Scosche Mobile Vent Mount Kit, model IUH3, at Wal-Mart for $15. It's easy to install in the vent; a little more difficult but not impossible to remove if you need to remove it. No screws or adhesive to damage your car. It holds the blackberry securely and adjusts to accomodate different devices. My only complaint: while it swivels 360 deg, it doesn't have a knuckle joint to let you angle the blackberry. The blackberry mounts perpendicular to the dash and you have to look at it from the side. I thought that was a major deficiency and expected to return the mount, but it turns out the left center vent mount on my Honda is close enough to the driver, and the blackberry viewing angle wide enough, that it works just fine.

My wife wanted one for her phone. Wal-Mart was out of stock, so I bought a comparable model at Circuit City for about the same price. I'm sorry, I don't remember the model number. It has loose sliders to engage the vent, where the Scosche has spring-loaded clips. The Scosche mounts more securely, but is harder to remove. The Circuit-City model won't fall off, but moves around a lot if you're touching the phone. On the plus side, the Circuit City model does have a knuckle joint, so you can swing the blackberry side-to-side to change the viewing angle.
    06-21-08 08:32 AM
    I have purchased a couple of these for different vehicles and love it. It is easy to attach and stays fairly well. I have had them fall off occasionally. The bb or other device fits very well in the cradle and stays secure.Auto Mount Gooseneck Windshield Mount - Large Holder: ExtremePDA
    06-21-08 08:58 AM
    The best mount is tossing it on the passenger seat like I do
    06-21-08 09:24 AM
    I have purchased a couple of these for different vehicles and love it. It is easy to attach and stays fairly well. I have had them fall off occasionally. The bb or other device fits very well in the cradle and stays secure.Auto Mount Gooseneck Windshield Mount - Large Holder: ExtremePDA
    Good stuff, I rather buy my car mount form there than Ebay...
    06-21-08 01:59 PM
    LOL, I have a mount but still keep using the passenger seat also
    06-22-08 10:22 AM
    Check on ebay for good price.
    06-22-08 12:05 PM
    I just bought a car mount from ExtremePda. I didn't realize CB had the same one till after the fact... I would have picked it up form CB if I had known... I'll throw up a picture of it in my car soon enough
    06-26-08 12:05 AM
    i was just going to post the same question!

sweet...i need to get one too...holding my phone to peep the gps isn't exactly easy when i'm also trying to shift gears...
    06-26-08 01:01 AM
    I agree with the sultan. Althgouh i prefer the cupholder due to my tendencies toward "spirited" corner exits.
    06-26-08 01:54 PM
    i was just going to post the same question!

sweet...i need to get one too...holding my phone to peep the gps isn't exactly easy when i'm also trying to shift gears...
    A lady that drives a stick . . .and has a curve. . .OWW, sexy. Ironically, I push an Evo.

Seriously, I need one too, cause gps and driving stick ain't fun.
    06-26-08 02:04 PM
    I'm a cup holder guy myself...
    06-26-08 03:08 PM
    amen brother... or the middle console is a beast of a mount. It really never moves, at least from the experiences I have had with it haha
    06-26-08 03:13 PM
    amen brother... or the middle console is a beast of a mount. It really never moves, at least from the experiences I have had with it haha
    except for those use GPS. . . don't get me wrong, cause that's my "holster" for right now.
    06-26-08 03:16 PM
    You drive too slow. J/k, but yea... I have to keep my phone secured under the E-brake or in my pocket or it flies everywhere. The best car mount is make the passenger hold it at an angel so that u can see it whenever you want, and then if you need to text, you tell them what to say.
    06-26-08 03:29 PM
    Always go with Pro Clip myself as there holders are car and device specific. They mount very sturdy and fit perfectly with the specific make of car. Worth every penny!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 06:39 PM
    i use a sticky pad and put if on the dashboard or center console (I have a truck) and it stay there and it's easy to get to when I get a call.
    06-26-08 10:44 PM
    I checked out that ProClips site.. they look pretty nice.
    06-26-08 11:16 PM
    You drive too slow. J/k, but yea... I have to keep my phone secured under the E-brake or in my pocket or it flies everywhere. The best car mount is make the passenger hold it at an angel so that u can see it whenever you want, and then if you need to text, you tell them what to say.
    haha... yeah. I meant inside of the middle console. I flip it open and look at the screen quick when needed.

I actually usually keep it on the passenger seat or right on my lap
    06-26-08 11:30 PM
    I just snapped a few quick pictures(not the best).. It's dark because my car is in the garage:

Here's how it would look if I was driving at night:

This mount works best for my car. It plugs into my Cig. outlet, and its a tight fit in there. The sides that clamp, hold the Curve in really snug. I can type with my finger tips or go one handed (with my thumb).

Only draw back, I would say is that if you can't charge the Curve while it's in there (because the clamps are high), but you can get around it by clamping it a little lower (but your Curve wont sit on the bottom ledge...just a tad). But the side clamps do hold it nice and tight and I didn't notice any issues of it wanting to fall out with it clamped and being charged in the car.
    Last edited by CeoStatus0; 07-03-08 at 07:33 AM.
    06-26-08 11:56 PM
    I just snapped a few quick pictures(not the best).. It's dark because my car is in the garage:

This mount works best for my car. It plugs into my Cig. outlet, and its a tight fit in there. The sides that clamp, hold the Curve in really snug. I can type with my finger tips or go one handed (with my thumb).

Only draw back, I would say is that if you can't charge the Curve while it's in there (because the clamps are high), but you can get around it by clamping it a little lower (but your Curve wont sit on the bottom ledge...just a tad). But the side clamps do hold it nice and tight and I didn't notice any issues of it wanting to fall out with it clamped and being charged in the car.
    It must be really dark, I cannot see your car at all! Will not show for this guy!
    06-27-08 12:18 AM

I can't see your pics as I am at work and they are disabled for some reason. But if you have the holder I am thinking, you can remove the little pegs on the bottom and switch them to the other side and then unclip and flip the whole thing-now you can hold and charge.
    06-27-08 08:26 AM
    Here's a couple of shots of my Curve in the ProClip mount:

It holds it very securely and at an angle where I can see and use it without having to remove it. Will even be more handy after July 1st, when the new "no cell phone" law goes into affect here.
    06-27-08 10:46 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD