I just got a great email from Audible.com:
    Thank you for contacting Audible.com. On its behalf, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience and I am most committed to satisfying and resolving your inquiry to the fullest of my abilities.

Before assisting you, I would like to thank you for being a valued customer of Audible.com; your business is greatly appreciated. As per your email I understand that you are having difficulty with Audible Air due to the recent upgrade on your device. Unfortunately at this moment and time are currently experiencing issues with Audible Air when customers have upgraded to the latest release of the Blackberry operating system. As of right now we are currently working on this issue, and if you would like to be apart of the "Beta Testing" I would recommend using this beta version of the program h**p://dl.futu.info/audible/AudibleRIM.jad. However If you currently have the application within your device, I would recommend removing it before using the "Beta Test" link. Again I do apologize for the inconvenience that was caused, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to call or write us back. Thank you for contacting us here at Audible and have a great day!!

Here at Audible, we truly value and appreciate your business; if you need further assistance, please respond to this email or if you wish, please provide me with a contact number and the best available time to reach you.
    I've loaded (h**p://dl.futu.info/audible/AudibleRIM.jad) and I have had no problems yet. I'll keep you posted!
    01-09-08 02:55 PM
    Can Audible books play on the BB? How do you get them on?
    01-09-08 09:16 PM
    Can Audible books play on the BB? I can't find any audible player software for blackberry anywhere on the audible site.
    01-09-08 09:57 PM
    I have to create a folder on the root of my memory card called music, and create a audible under that. Put all your books there. I have found that I had to do a battery pull before the Audible player will see them.
    So just download the player using this link: h**p://dl.futu.info/audible/AudibleRIM.jad (Replace the ** with tt, of course ) And follow the above instructions and it should work. Now keep in mind this is a Beta so if you have problems.........

Oh and BTW.... I have not tested it on any other BB's, just my 8310.....
    01-10-08 01:16 PM
    Shagasaur- nice work. I've been waiting for AudibleAir for Blackberry. Now if I could only get it to work...

How do you get AudibleAir to install to your memory card and then work on the player? Every time I try to download an excerpt from My Library, the download completes, but I get a "Communication Error" prompt telling me to check my network settings, even though everything is set to 'allow' and I've got the APN set correctly. What am I missing?
    01-11-08 12:35 AM
    I got the same error... thats why I had to resort to downloading the book as a quality level "4" to my PC and copy it to the memory card. And when I installed the player I just allowed all in the options and let it install where it wanted to. But one other thing I forgot... once I put the files on the SD and did the battery pull, I still could not see the books in the main library screen, until I found that I could scroll left and right to get to the "Local Playlist" screen, and guess what I found...........

oh and don't forget... the files need to go in a directory from the rootof the sd card. example: [root]\music\audible
    Last edited by Shagasaur; 01-11-08 at 10:05 AM.
    01-11-08 10:03 AM
    I know this seems like alot of work just to get a program to run, but as far as I'm concerned its worth it. Once your eyesite starts to go and your a avid reader, this is a great way to be able to enjoy the stories I've come to enjoy.
    01-11-08 10:10 AM
    A quick update- I was just able to download a couple of audiobooks from My Library directly to Iggy's media card and then listen to them through the AudibleAir player, so I think the problems I was having last week have somehow been ironed out. I might have to consider mothballing my iPods after all...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-08 03:34 PM
    You can get the software from Audible's UK site at h**p://download.audible.co.uk/audibleair/ota_rim.htm - they have it available for the Pearl, the Curve and the 8800/8830. I did an OTA download for the Curve software - it installed without incident. You can do OTA downloads for your audiobooks as well once you've logged in on Audible Air, but if you're unfortunate enough, like me, to be on EDGE, well, that kinda sucks. Fortunately, I read Shagasaur's directions: "I have to create a folder on the root of my memory card called music, and create a audible under that. Put all your books there." Be sure you do use lowercase for folder names - I don't know if that actually makes a difference but just to be safe. Anyway, I dragged William Shatner's autobiography "Up Till Now" into the audible folder, unplugged the USB cable and started up Audible Air and there it was - didn't even have to remove the battery as was stated above - maybe it's a newer version with some of the bugs worked out. Long story short - OTA the software, upload your books, and it should work fine. Just too freaking bad we have to jump through all these hoops (avoiding a drawn-out DRM debate here . . . )
    08-07-08 09:50 PM
    What program do you use to open up the file listed???
    12-15-08 01:23 PM
    What program do you use to open up the file listed???
    You have to use Audibles blackberry program.

Just follow the link and it has instructions.

Answer
    12-15-08 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD