I'm getting this error/problem too.

I'm on a CREDO Mobile Curve 8330m (runs on the Sprint network), 4.5.0.131, BIS, App World 1.1.0.11.

I installed, paged down through the Spanish-language EULA and accepted it.

Then every time I open it App World almost immediately displays "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again."

thanks!

~R
    07-31-09 07:53 PM
    same issue, so annoying
    07-31-09 07:58 PM
    Yeah, so I have been getting the same connection error as everyone else. I pressed alt lglg on my main screen to check the logs and I came across this...

Name: BlackBerry App World
    GUID: f36494d93bbeae3f
    Time: Jul 31, 2009 18:08:48
    Server probably doesn't have an entry for our device model

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 08:10 PM
    well this sucks i like bb app world, but i also like cb app store. i ll just use that.
    07-31-09 08:16 PM
    I'm getting the same error? Has anyone got it running on a sprint curve yet?

Im getting all the same errors as well
    07-31-09 08:18 PM
    im running os 4.5.0.131 still no luck i got the same message on my event log.
    07-31-09 08:23 PM
    I get all the same errors as well....Man I wish I had read the forums before I DL'd this POS...
    07-31-09 08:30 PM
    FIXED THIS ISSUE!

All I did was turned the Connections off, waited a second or two, then turned them back on. Then I restarted App World and it works now. Good luck everyone!
    07-31-09 09:33 PM
    No worky for me.
    07-31-09 09:41 PM
    FIXED THIS ISSUE!

All I did was turned the Connections off, waited a second or two, then turned them back on. Then I restarted App World and it works now. Good luck everyone!
    Yup, I just tried this and it works fine. I'm not sure if you have to do it every time you turn on your phone or whatever...but i turned off all connections and turned it back on and tried to access app world like what BerrySky said.
    07-31-09 09:46 PM
    I am going to archive my apps now Don't know how or what this will do but whatever haha
    07-31-09 09:47 PM
    did you ever get this resolved.....having same problem and am getting frustrated
    07-31-09 09:57 PM
    FIXED THIS ISSUE!

Did nothing for me.
    07-31-09 09:57 PM
    Anyone know why I am getting my terms/conditions in spanish when I upgrade to the new app world on my 8330
    07-31-09 09:59 PM
    Worked for me too! Turned all connections off, then on, now its working! Thanks!

07-31-09 10:01 PM
    Worked for me too! Turned all connections off, then on, now its working! Thanks!

I got them in Spanish too, only God knows, LOL

Glad I could help!
    07-31-09 10:05 PM
    I did the turn-connections-off-and-then-on trick, and it didn't work...I'm on an 8830WE, running OS 4.5.0.138 .... any ideas? i'm traveling this weekend and would love to be able to archive apps so I have them with me when I don't have access to my laptop...
    07-31-09 10:08 PM
    Yeah, so I have been getting the same connection error as everyone else. I pressed alt lglg on my main screen to check the logs and I came across this...

Name: BlackBerry App World
    GUID: f36494d93bbeae3f
    Time: Jul 31, 2009 18:08:48
    Server probably doesn't have an entry for our device model

Yep same here... well that's a load of crap as the old version had no problems with my phone... wtf?!?!?
    07-31-09 10:22 PM
    OK, so I'm having the same issues. Tried the connections off/on thingy, but no joy.

Anyway, I deleted the application off my phone, and thankfully I was able to put the old version back on using DM.

Yup, RIM does it again!
    07-31-09 10:43 PM
    how did you get the old one off of the dm?
    07-31-09 10:56 PM
    ok yeah tried the connections thing all it did was take longer to tell me no go
    07-31-09 10:58 PM
    how did you get the old one off of the dm?
    Do you normally use DM?

If you do, then the application should be on your pc.

1. delete the application off your phone.

2. Open DM and connect phone to pc.

3. Open Application Loader.

4. Click the "Start" under Add/Remove Applications.

Scroll thru all the programs, and hopefully you will find Blackberry App World, with the box next to it UNCHECKED.

5. Check the box next to Blackberry App World.

6. Click on next.

7. Click on Finish.

This should reinstall the older version of App World back onto your device.

Good luck!
    Last edited by stubbornswiss; 08-01-09 at 12:13 AM.
    08-01-09 12:11 AM
    Hmm...I can run app world now without the connection error but I can't download anything because app world isn't available in my area...I'm with bell and live in Vancouver.

The app looks great and all but pretty useless if I can't download anything. Is it because I used the telus OS and deleted the vendor file?

08-01-09 12:41 AM
    Me too....downloaded it more than once, played with the connections, and it's still not working. I'm over it....delete! LOL

08-01-09 10:17 AM
    Hmm...I can run app world now without the connection error but I can't download anything because app world isn't available in my area...I'm with bell and live in Vancouver.

The app looks great and all but pretty useless if I can't download anything. Is it because I used the telus OS and deleted the vendor file?

I have the same problem. I was able to make it to the login screen, logged in, no longer have the "having trouble to connect" error but now I have another...

I live in Florida and it says "Paid applications are not available in your country..." Hmmm...

And nothing comes up under Free apps.

Strange...

08-02-09 12:39 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD