ok, well after many of us just like myself didn't have AIM on the BB. I managed to get some applications and here it is, I have attached the following items for you to put on your BB and install the AIM application. It worked for me and I hope it works for all of you!!

Enjoy

BTW I only had to install AIM through my desktop manager, some ppl might have to install the service books, and both AIM apps. Good luck!
    02-24-09 03:31 PM
    Don't forget to give thanks ;-)

well if it works for you.... lol
    02-24-09 03:59 PM
    Thank You!
    02-28-09 02:21 PM
    Worked perfectly for me!! Thanks!!
    02-28-09 03:04 PM
    AHHH It melted my device...kidding. Good job, worked for a friend of mine. Great job.
    02-28-09 03:44 PM
    Hmm wierd I just went to the website and downloaded aim app and had no problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 04:43 PM
    thanks for the love!!
    03-02-09 10:18 AM
    Thank you sir! This worked like a charm. Only question i have is what is the difference between this version and the newest?
    03-03-09 10:32 AM
    Thank you sir! This worked like a charm. Only question i have is what is the difference between this version and the newest?
    that my friend I do not know.... the only thing I do know is that it worked!

lol sorry but I will try and find out for you!
    03-04-09 08:24 AM
    which aim****.zip file do i install on my BB
    03-04-09 07:52 PM
    thanx man.
    03-04-09 08:03 PM
    Where's the link? I'm on CB mobile

04-01-09 11:33 PM
    Where's the link? I'm on CB mobile

These are zip files so you'll need to load this from a pc using DM
    04-01-09 11:43 PM
    Ok i got a blackberry pearl 8120 unlocked from ebay.

I managed to put in the virgin GPRS and using opera mini to go on the WAP, now i need a 3rd party MSN and Facebook maybe a google maps too for GPS.

I don't know how to get the dataplan and it would probably cost too the main question is what is above the below question is incase i cant do this ill have to goto getting a data plan.

So getting a data plan, its on t-zones ill probably go for a O2, i mean i could go on T-mobile if i have to (but really dont want too i get a good deal with virgin).

How do i go about the plan and what sthe prices of cheap plans?

Bear in mind thats only a back up if i have to if i can find third party apps for msn and facebook then ill use that instead, i mean opera mini works fine so the other apps should too i hope.

Kind Regards
    Den
    09-10-09 07:21 PM
    i have a bb curve 8330. i really don't like the AIM app i got from verizon's app store. it doesn't show a buddy's away message, or if they are idle, or their buddy icon. is there a better AIM app out there?
    thanks!
    09-11-09 12:56 PM
    they really just need to make a version thats official that works and works well.
    09-11-09 02:37 PM
    i have a bb curve 8330. i really don't like the AIM app i got from verizon's app store. it doesn't show a buddy's away message, or if they are idle, or their buddy icon. is there a better AIM app out there?
    thanks!
    Go to Crackberry mobile website on your phone, go to free apps and the AIM app from is on there. You can also go to the AOL website, under mobile, find AIM for blackberry and download that.
    09-11-09 10:15 PM
    This didnt work for me please help how do i install service books?desktop manager wont recognize the older version of aim
    09-15-09 12:43 AM
    I an ATT bold btw
    09-15-09 12:44 AM
    This didnt work for me please help how do i install service books?desktop manager wont recognize the older version of aim
    I take it you were following the steps in post #1? Don't think you need to do that.

I have AIM on my phone. Works great. Follow this link and you can go from there to download it.

AOL Mobile - BlackBerry� smartphones (AOL Mobile - BlackBerry� smartphones)
    09-15-09 03:13 PM
    Atleast with ATT you have to pay for the blackberry internet plan for the official aim app to work and not just the basic internet plan. Besure that the edge, if you don't have 3g is in all caps EDGE and not in edge for the aim program to work. Meaning you are connected through the bb server. Sucks having to go to the more expensive plan but if you use your BB enough its worth it.

09-15-09 05:36 PM
    :-/ So it wont work with wireless??? omfg this sucks ***. I think Ill sell for a blackjack 3, im having a number of problems even my "phones for idiots" Eternity was better any takers?
    09-17-09 05:08 PM
    Heyyy
    Can somebody please help me...
    I have a Blackberry storm and the main reason was for the MSN/WLM app
    However, the message 'service not enabled for this handheld' comes up.
    So i went into the Vodafone shop and they told me to try reinstalling it, which didnt work, so i tried taking out battery, which didnt work.
    I then tried downloading the links here and it says something about my phone not supporting that type of file...
    Any more ideas?
    Thanks
    11-19-09 11:48 AM
    ok, well after many of us just like myself didn't have AIM on the BB. I managed to get some applications and here it is, I have attached the following items for you to put on your BB and install the AIM application. It worked for me and I hope it works for all of you!!

Enjoy

BTW I only had to install AIM through my desktop manager, some ppl might have to install the service books, and both AIM apps. Good luck!
    I 've been having the problem too but where's solution u said it worked out ?
    11-28-11 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD