Hello,

I recently set up a BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Exchange 2007.

Users have been added and they are receiving e-mail and calendar events on their BlackBerry devices.

The problem is that users are not receiving calendar invitations on their BlackBerry devices.

Example:

I send a calendar invitation to User1.

User1 receives the invitation in their outlook inbox.

The calendar entry shows up as tenative within User1's outlook application.

The calendar entry also shows up as tenative on User1's Blackberry.

User1 is not notified on their BlackBerry that there is a new calendar entry and they have no options to accept\decline the invitation on their Blackberry.

Does anyone have idea why this would be happening?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    01-07-08 12:27 PM
    What version of BES for Exchange are you running. I'm at 4.1.4.16 and no Calendar issues.
    01-07-08 01:34 PM
    I am running version 4.1.4.15
    01-07-08 03:07 PM
    I too am troubleshooting this problem. I have a BES. We recently upgraded our Exchange server to 2007 and still use outlook XP on front end. The problem occurs when calendar wireless sync is turned on. I was able to force the issue on my device when I activated that setting. Now I am researching from there. I'm not sure if this was caused by the upgrade to 2007, the upgrade to BES 4.1.4.15 in prep for E2k7 upgrade, or if we just noticed the issue. I jsut rered your posts and saw the scenerio. Perhaps the x.x.x.16 release notes mentin the problem. I'll see what I can find.
    01-08-08 09:14 AM
    Within my environment there were no upgrades involved. I installed a new exchange 2007 mail server and a new BES 4.1.4.15 server.
    01-08-08 11:41 AM
    I ended up calling Blackberry. The way that Exchange 2007 handles permissions has changed. If your BES Admin is a member of the Domain Admin group the synch between the 2 systems can have problems.
    Here is the link to the instructions for creating a new account.

I'm not allowed to post url's here but try searching the BB knowledge base for Doc ID : KB04293
    01-16-08 06:56 AM
    I ended up calling Blackberry. The way that Exchange 2007 handles permissions has changed. If your BES Admin is a member of the Domain Admin group the synch between the 2 systems can have problems.
    Here is the link to the instructions for creating a new account.

I'm not allowed to post url's here but try searching the BB knowledge base for Doc ID : KB04293
    Just to clarify your post, this is a problem in Exchange 2003 SP2 and Exchange 2000 SP4 as well. Blame Microsoft!

The KB04293 is your best friend in these situations....the BB Service account (BESAdmin) cannot be a member of any protected groups (like domain admins).
    01-21-08 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD