Is there a way to keep an exchange server from marking emails as read, when they are opened on the blackberry handheld. Currently the user that is having the issue is on a BIS Server, however he could be switched to our recently purchased Enterprise Server that we in the process of testing at the moment. However the way our BES in configured now still shows the emals as read when they are opened on the device, in outlook. This poses problems when read reciepts are sent driving down the road, and people are wanting to know why he hasn't responded to the emails. Any information on this will be very much appreciated.
    04-14-09 04:52 PM
    If an email is sent to someone, and it has the 'read receipt' option selected, and the recipient reads it on their BlackBerry, it will AUTOMATICALLY send the read receipt (even if the 'send read receipt' option is NOT on, in Outlook)...
    04-14-09 05:57 PM
    The read receipts are a problem, but the ultimate problem is the user wants his email to stay unread in his outlook, that way when he gets to the office he and his secretary who also gets a forward of his email can go through them. Is the a possibility or will it show read no matter what.
    04-15-09 08:22 AM
    ...confused...

I say if he has read it on his device, to just re-mark is unread from his BlackBerry, that will change it on his account, too (unless I'm missing something here) if using BES.

If using BIS, and Gmail, then that is true, too, since the latest BIS 2.6 works that way...
    04-15-09 10:02 AM
    That answers my BIS question, and from what I understand there is no way to keep mesages unread on the server using a BES either? Short of clicking each email and marking as unread?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 07:55 PM
    ...or selecting multiple emails, and then menu \ mark as unread (if using a QWERTY device and have shortucts on, you can do ATL & U to mark as unread quickly)...
    04-16-09 07:32 AM
    But then that marks them as unread on the Berry as well. A BES connected Berry i meant to be an extension of Outlook.
    04-16-09 10:51 AM
    This defeats the purpose of using a Blackbery.
    12-30-09 04:02 PM
    If an email is sent to someone, and it has the 'read receipt' option selected, and the recipient reads it on their BlackBerry, it will AUTOMATICALLY send the read receipt (even if the 'send read receipt' option is NOT on, in Outlook)...
    I thought this was a bug in some software loads, specifically the Storm. I think it was fixed though?
    01-05-10 04:00 PM
    Easiest way to leave his mail unread is to take away his Blackberry and give him a normal phone. Second easiest way is to remove his BB from the BES and forward his Exchange mail to his BIS address. Then no matter what he does with the mail, it will never have been opened on the Exchange server.
    01-06-10 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD