I have a couple of users (myself included) that are having issues with their contacts from Outlook syncing correctly over the BES (4.1.2.25).

It seems that the BB is sending duplicate entries back to the Outlook Contacts. When the user goes in to delete the duplicates in Outlook, they disappear from the BB and do not sync.

One user has over 400 contacts and likes to play "musical blackberries", so I've had to go through the enterprise activation quite a few times since adding him to the BES. He is currently using the Verizon Curve, he didn't like the Storm and I ended up with it.

I am experiencing the same problem with my Storm. I will see one contact on the BB, but it could be in my Outlook Contacts 2 or 3 times.

One thought is that I have had to use the Desktop Manager software for his initial activations recently in order to get through it. I assumed it was the sheer bulk of his contacts that made it next to impossible to activate over the air. Could that cause this?

Thanks for any help you can provide,
    SB
    03-02-09 01:35 PM
    Having the same issue, but reversed

Contacts are duplicated on the phone after activation. Contacts are syncing from laptop to the BB (Storm), but they are not going across to the laptop when you enter them into the BB.
    03-11-09 08:20 AM
    Hi
    I had the same issue (duplicated x 2 or 3 for only some contacts to my storm) then when i deleted them from the storm they dissapeared from my outlook. This seemed to be ok now once i had the vodafone rep "fix"it,now it will not sync my calendar. To add to that it will now not place calls from my contacts, but if i dial the numner in it works ??? WTF.
    I am tearing my hair out as it is supposed to help my business but I am changing my sim card back to my old v3x daily at the moment.
    03-24-09 02:57 AM
    I don't work with BES but I've had this issue with my BB as well. I've found that when using the DM 4.7 it caused a lot of sync problems between Outlook and my BB. Duplicate contacts, calendar dates, notes, ect. For a while it wasn't even syncing I was getting error messages. I had to go into the Configuration of the sync in DM and re-establish the folders it was looking at in Outlook for each area. On 4.7 it worked for a little while, but then I read about the issues other users were having with 4.7 and decided to go back to 4.6. This solve ALL my issues with Outlook and my BB not syncing properly. Hope this helps.
    03-24-09 07:48 AM
    From the device, in contacts (address book), I take it the option for duplicates is NOT selected, right?

I say correct the contacts in Outlook, once done, drag and drop them to a directory on your desktop. Then delete ALL contacts from Outlook, thus wiping all contacts from the BlackBerry, too.

Now that's done, drag and drop the contacts from the directory back to Outlook, and it should sync correctly (benefit of this is that you have a copy of all the CORRECT contacts!).

But, rememeber, make sure the 'do not allow duplicates' is selected on the BlackBerry.

I have a couple of users (myself included) that are having issues with their contacts from Outlook syncing correctly over the BES (4.1.2.25).

It seems that the BB is sending duplicate entries back to the Outlook Contacts. When the user goes in to delete the duplicates in Outlook, they disappear from the BB and do not sync.

One user has over 400 contacts and likes to play "musical blackberries", so I've had to go through the enterprise activation quite a few times since adding him to the BES. He is currently using the Verizon Curve, he didn't like the Storm and I ended up with it.

I am experiencing the same problem with my Storm. I will see one contact on the BB, but it could be in my Outlook Contacts 2 or 3 times.

One thought is that I have had to use the Desktop Manager software for his initial activations recently in order to get through it. I assumed it was the sheer bulk of his contacts that made it next to impossible to activate over the air. Could that cause this?

Thanks for any help you can provide,
    SB
    03-24-09 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD