Hi,

I'm running BES 4.1.4.15 and Exchange 2003 and I'm experiencing an issue where I can receive email on my handheld, I can send a PIN message to myself but I can't send from or reply to any email from my device. When I open the failed sent email on my device with the red X and scroll up it says:

Send Using: Desktop
    (Secure)
    Folder: Sent Items
    Message Status: Message included an invalid address

I know the email addresses are valid because I send a message to my handheld through Hotmail and then on my handheld I reply to the email I just received but it still says the address is invalid. I'm new to BES so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Riley
    04-12-08 11:12 AM
    04-12-08 11:18 AM
    Thank you for the reply however it's still not working.

I've sent new emails to my Exchange mailbox, from Hotmail, with only me as the recipient so there's no other addresses. After receiving the email I reply to it but I get the invalid address error even though I just received the email from the address which it is saying is invalid.
    04-12-08 11:53 AM
    You should talk to your BES admin. It's most likely an issue with BES then.
    04-12-08 12:15 PM
    In that case I'm really in trouble because I am the BES admin. I'm new to BES so this is all new to me.

I checked the windows event viewer logs on the BES server and didn't find anything.

I looked at the 14 or so log files in the LOGS directory but really didn't know what I was looking at or what to look for.

I checked the services and saw they were all started except for 'BlackBerry Database Consistency Service' which was set to disabled.

The SRP status says connected.

I checked the BES user account and it says that it's 'Running' and the 'Last Result' says 'Delivered to device'.
    04-12-08 12:23 PM
    Go through this to make sure everything is setup properly:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f50/exc...ll-guide-6234/
    04-14-08 08:36 AM
    Thank you for your help.

This server has been up and working fine for about 10 days so I'm pretty sure I set it up correctly.

I searched and found a few articles that said to try disabling LDAP or recreating the MAPI profile. Other articles just said to restart the server. I wasn't sure about making any changes just yet so I settled on restarting the server first to see if that somehow resolved the issue.

Sure enough, I restarted the server and the problem magically dissappeared. I hate that. I hate restarting the server and not knowing what the problem was, the cause and what actually fixed it.

I'm new to BES so I'm just learning. Do you know of any good troubleshooting documents that I could learn from so I would know what to look for next time there is an issue and where to look? I looked through the log files, event viewer and made sure the SRP status was connected, but I really wasn't sure what to look for or where to start. I saw there were a lot of different log files in the BES logfiles directory. I was hoping there was one or more articles that explained some sort of general progression of steps and things to look at when you encounter certain types of problems. Thanks.

Riley
    04-14-08 09:49 PM

http://forums.crackberry.com/f50/bes...il-list-19380/
    04-15-08 07:31 AM
    Thanks. I signed up.
    04-15-08 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD