When I was playing with the profile settings I saw that there were settings for regular mode, then an "in holster" mode. What is that? How do I set the blackberry to this mode? It doesn't seem to be the same as standby mode because when I put it on standby and get a call it still makes noise. and I set it up so that it would vibrate when I get a call. So, How is the pearl 8130 put into "holster" mode?

can anyone explain this. I'm sure someone knows.
    03-28-08 07:34 PM
    You need an OEM holster with a sleeper magnet that puts the BB into "holster mode"
    03-28-08 07:35 PM
    What the Chazman said. Scan a magnet below your keyboard and watch your BB go to sleep. That's holster mode. When in holster you usually want it to be louder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 08:11 PM
    cool. I thought it wold be similar to standby. I can see why you want it to be louder in holster. I just saw it in the options and didn't know what it was. there isn't anything about it that I saw in the book that came with the pearl.
    03-28-08 08:22 PM
    Well now you know lol.

03-28-08 09:35 PM
    Wow!!! I learn something new everyday about my blackberry!!!! I had no idea wat "holster mode" was... thanx guys!
    03-28-08 10:06 PM
    Always happy to help

03-28-08 10:12 PM
    Thanks guys

04-06-08 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD