Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100, carrier is T-Mobile. My friend was screwing around with my phone trying to figure out my pass that i put on. After 3 tries he failed and i got this screen saying JVM ERROR 513 and underneath it says "Reset" I pushed reset and nothing happened, still went back like it did before. I NEED HELP ASAP. PLEASE. GIVE ME ALL THE INFO YOU KNOW ON HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM THAT I HAVE.
    03-07-08 01:14 AM
    Not sure I'd be friends with him/her after that. Sounds like you had your phone set up to only allow 3 attempts at entering the correct password. Upon failure to provide the correct password after the third attempt, the phone wipes itself. You know, just in case you have sensitive info on your phone and it falls into the wrong hands...

cjcarbone's links will provide you with the info you need to completely wipe the phone and reinstall the OS.
    03-07-08 01:55 AM
    well i didnt really know it would have done that so yea. not his fault.
    03-07-08 05:29 PM
    okay. i got it all fixed up now, but the only thing i dont get is that it looks different then what it did before. =/ and the version i had before had the game "brick breaker" in it. so do i have a different version?
    Last edited by dorkkyychris; 03-07-08 at 06:13 PM.
    03-07-08 06:06 PM
    Dear brothers
    I put wrong password in my blackberry 8800 series so all the data has been deleted. I dont have any kind of OS CD for 8800. If any body have software then please give me this software. First time i used blackberry and i am facing this problem. I am worried about it please help and do a favor to me.

Thanks & Regards
    Amir
    10-08-08 06:37 AM
    okay. i got it all fixed up now, but the only thing i dont get is that it looks different then what it did before. =/ and the version i had before had the game "brick breaker" in it. so do i have a different version?
    Upgrade your handset software and whilst in Application Loader make sure that the brick breaker box is ticked.

Cannot post URL but you should be able to find it using a search facility on this website.

Gadget
    10-08-08 07:13 AM
    Dear brothers
    I put wrong password in my blackberry 8800 series so all the data has been deleted. I dont have any kind of OS CD for 8800. If any body have software then please give me this software. First time i used blackberry and i am facing this problem. I am worried about it please help and do a favor to me.

Thanks & Regards
    Amir
    You will need to download the Application Loader and upgrade your handset, use the link below and take out the space ;o)

http:// na.blackberry.com/eng/services/devices/#tab_tab_overview
    10-08-08 07:15 AM
    well i didnt really know it would have done that so yea. not his fault.
    I have a blackberry curve 8330 from sprint and i got the same error message "Jvm Error 513" then underneath it says "reset" at this point i dont care about reseting my blackberry I just want to be able to use it and put all my info back on it manually! I just want it working which site did u use for help? Thanks!
    12-28-09 08:31 AM
    I was trying to connect my 8310 to my computer but due to incorrect password it is locked with JVM 513 and i don't have back up of that in my system. and when i plug my BB to system it shows my PIN instead of unknown PIN and when i press Next there is no Applications found to install.... PLEASE HELP
    Last edited by peterdada; 09-24-10 at 05:03 AM. Reason: SPELLING MISTAKE
    09-24-10 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD