Im sure people see the title and say "Theres already a thread on this"... but hear me out.

2 days ago, I was installing 4.3 OS on my 8100, and when it completed, all I got was the constant reboot. So...I searched the threads and read the tutorial which had me running apploader and waiting for the "Unrecognized PIN" to get it to boot and break the reboot cycle.

Never happened. I tried the battery pull method...let it cycle on its own... nothing.
    I decided i needed to find a way to keep the phone busy so it wouldnt reboot. I started to push the "End Call" button once a second as soon as it was fully booted, just before it started over. It stayed on...no reboot.

So...I continued to push the end call once a second, connected to the desktop software, started apploader and reinstalled the OS... I didnt stop with the button action until it reached the Device Initialization part.

everything is great with my pearl now... just hope you guys may find this useful if you nuke your berry
    04-05-08 01:02 PM
    Thanks! I think the "pushing the end call" idea can help save people some time trying to get it to connect to reinstall!
    04-06-08 06:12 PM
    I don't know if it makes any difference. But I always push and hold the end call button when doing a reboot. I presume this bleeds off any residual power that may be stored in the phone.

This is of course with the battery pulled..........
    Last edited by dmcgrady; 06-15-08 at 01:49 AM.
    06-14-08 07:37 PM
    THATS AKIN WEIRD MAN..!!! I did the same freakin thing this morning from the 4.5..... Only I didn't Keep pushing it I only did it once.. Hmm
    06-15-08 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD