(title says all) but yeah i tried blackberry video and its okay, theres probably something better so please share...
    thanks
    04-25-09 04:11 PM
    Video converter for what? What is it you're trying to do?
    04-25-09 04:33 PM
    like convert any video files that would work in the blackberry player...
    04-25-09 04:48 PM
    like convert any video files that would work in the blackberry player...
    blackberry desktop manager?

It shouldn't matter what format they are in, bb desktop manager will convert them to the right format automatically.
    04-25-09 04:58 PM
    oh, lol. i didnt kno that ill try that out...
    thanks
    04-25-09 05:01 PM
    it will automatically select the file type that is readable to your blackberry and convert it over. warning: movies are the suck on pearls. tiny tiny tiny screens ftl.

good luck though
    04-25-09 05:04 PM
    lol okay thanks, and its better than nothing though
    04-25-09 05:11 PM
    Best freeware video and audio converter I've found:

SUPER � .

Can be a challenge to download, if you get exasperated, use this site:

Download SUPER 2009 Build 35 - Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer is a GUI to ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer - Softpedia
    04-25-09 11:20 PM
    Best freeware video and audio converter I've found:

SUPER � .

Can be a challenge to download, if you get exasperated, use this site:

Download SUPER 2009 Build 35 - Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer is a GUI to ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer - Softpedia
    meh... unless you're sticking the micro SD card straight into your computer, you still need to use DM to put it on your bb, which will auto convert it either way... seems like a waste of a dl to me. I suppose that could be pretty useful in other situations though.
    04-25-09 11:27 PM
    I use it all the time, and have no problem dragging and dropping. Maybe your using the wrong settings.
    04-25-09 11:29 PM
    I use it all the time, and have no problem dragging and dropping. Maybe your using the wrong settings.

With DM? That's because you already have it in an acceptable format for your bb. If say you tried to put a wav file onto your bb, then DM will auto convert it to mp3. if it's already mp3, then yeah it's super easy. **** it's super easy anyway.
    04-25-09 11:32 PM
    meh... unless you're sticking the micro SD card straight into your computer, you still need to use DM to put it on your bb, which will auto convert it either way... seems like a waste of a dl to me. I suppose that could be pretty useful in other situations though.
    You do not need to use DM for anything but installing apps/ Backing Up-Restoring and OS updates.

You can copy and paste it stright to the media card if you have mass media support turned on.

And DM will only convert movies if you have the media side of DM downloaded as well.

I have DMv4.6 no media support and I get around just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 09:43 AM
    As MJ and I have been saying, almost no one uses the Media portion of DM. Super will take most any format, and convert it to an acceptable BlackBerry format. It will also compress it as much or as little as you want. You can also use Super for audio files, and it works wonderfully with them as well. If you need help using Super Evo, I or MJ would be glad to offer assistance. The basic set up is described nicely in detail here:

FAQ: How To Convert Video For Your BlackBerry For Free! | BerryReview.com �
    04-26-09 10:35 AM
    As MJ and I have been saying, almost no one uses the Media portion of DM. Super will take most any format, and convert it to an acceptable BlackBerry format. It will also compress it as much or as little as you want. You can also use Super for audio files, and it works wonderfully with them as well. If you need help using Super Evo, I or MJ would be glad to offer assistance. The basic set up is described nicely in detail here:

FAQ: How To Convert Video For Your BlackBerry For Free! | BerryReview.com �
    Fair enough. Is there any reason you all do not use the DM Media? It doesn't seem to take up too much space on my computer and I love it just fine. Works great.

Yes MJ you're right, when you turn it on you can drag and drop, but then you need a seperate program to convert them. I personally would rather just have one program that does it all for me.
    04-26-09 10:50 AM
    Because DM doesn't give you near the control of a program like Super. And, quite frankly, Roxio is a separate program. It just happens to be packaged with DM.
    04-26-09 10:55 AM
    Because DM doesn't give you near the control of a program like Super. And, quite frankly, Roxio is a separate program. It just happens to be packaged with DM.
    Well now you've certianly caught my interest. With the bb professionals I work with, we only condone the use of bb software so I am unfamiliar with most other programs. Would you mind explaining what about "Super" gives me so much more control before I go dl it?
    04-26-09 10:59 AM
    Well now you've certainly caught my interest. With the bb professionals I work with, we only condone the use of bb software so I am unfamiliar with most other programs. Would you mind explaining what about "Super" gives me so much more control before I go dl it?
    1) I'm not familiar with the program "super" but I will say this.

With the idea that you work for ATT in mind, just because it isn't blackberry branded doesn't mean that it is bad. I understand the reasoning behind it. To keep it simple for the lesser knowledgeable customer. That would be similiar to a Ford Servicer writering saying "only ford parts will fix your car". I call BS. But keeping in mind a lot of us on here understand the risk and possible problems with using 3rd part Device managment programs. But we alos have the faith in the writer not to jack us around. If we only believed in OE programs we would use JL_Cmdr, PearlColor, BlingBall and a lot of other popular programs. Or 3rd party themes for that matter.

04-26-09 01:23 PM
    1) I'm not familiar with the program "super" but I will say this.

With the idea that you work for ATT in mind, just because it isn't blackberry branded doesn't mean that it is bad. I understand the reasoning behind it. To keep it simple for the lesser knowledgeable customer. That would be similiar to a Ford Servicer writering saying "only ford parts will fix your car". I call BS. But keeping in mind a lot of us on here understand the risk and possible problems with using 3rd part Device managment programs. But we alos have the faith in the writer not to jack us around. If we only believed in OE programs we would use JL_Cmdr, PearlColor, BlingBall and a lot of other popular programs. Or 3rd party themes for that matter.

Oh I absolutely agree. I don't work for at&t anymore, but I have always worked with the BB professionals so they don't tell us about any 3rd party anything and therefore I am only familiar with what I have personally found from 4 years of personal experience. I do love some 3rd party apps and programs, I'm just not familiar with it all.

And I think the major reasoning behind us refering everybody to "blackberry products" or "AT&T Ringtones" or "Sprint Applications" and not 3rd party apps is because sometimes you will find an app that is not wholly compatible with your blackberry and will cause issues.

Unfortunately the problem with that is that while you are very knowledgable about BB products, not everybody is. They can dl the wrong thing and mess up a bb, then they expect us to be responsible for fixing it. If it's BB's own software, it's no problem to fix it or replace it. But they don't want to replace a device because somebody had a bad dl.

It's all about covering their ***.
    04-26-09 02:13 PM
    In 4 years, I'd have expected you to have solved problems with a plethora of 3rd party apps. Let alone gained a wealth of experience using them in your personal life. If we didn't love BlackBerries, we wouldn't be here. But it's a big world out here, full of 3rd party software. The new BlackBerry app store is testament to that. And that website will be heck for service agents who don't ever stray from branded software.
    04-26-09 02:29 PM
    um soo i guess ill try the software, thanks anyway guys lol.
    04-26-09 02:40 PM
    In 4 years, I'd have expected you to have solved problems with a plethora of 3rd party apps. Let alone gained a wealth of experience using them in your personal life. If we didn't love BlackBerries, we wouldn't be here. But it's a big world out here, full of 3rd party software. The new BlackBerry app store is testament to that. And that website will be heck for service agents who don't ever stray from branded software.
    Oh I'm not saying I don't know anything about any of them, or that individual reps don't know how to solve problems with certian 3rd party apps. But Blackberry as a whole won't condone 3rd party apps because of that. Sorry, didn't mean to be unclear.

The bb app world is new and we are still learning about so very much of it. There are still constant training classes going on for it, and bb reps would know much more about it now than I. I work with BB, not for BB.

BB has only recently began to offer these 3rd party apps in order to keep such widespread users. They want to emphasize that nowadays blackberries are no longer for only the business guy who wants to do email. Now it's for everybody everywhere.

Anyway, thanks for the info on that video converter, I think I'm going to dl that when i get home.
    04-26-09 03:06 PM
    hey bigbadwolf and you kinda help me how to use it? like what should i have it setup to?
    04-26-09 07:52 PM
    I use super all the time.. just convert it to recommended format on bb site. Then drag and drop.

I use super for my Creative Zen also. works excellent. Also if i want to pull audio away from a video.. Can do all sorts of fun things with it.
    04-26-09 09:03 PM
    for the pearl 8100 set the output to
    MP4 resolution to 240x180 for 4:3 or to 240x135 for 16:9 400 kbps
    Audio mp3 128kbps 44hz

or something close to that...

For my curve i use mp4 and divx encoding.. i guess you could use
    AVI and h263 encoding

Play around to see what gives you the best that you like
    04-26-09 09:17 PM
    Oh, WTF!

Here's the settings I use:

04-26-09 10:34 PM