I just got my pearl 8100 and i tried to install the software from the cd that came with the phone and it wouldn't work so i downloaded 4.3 and it didn't work so i downloaded 4.2 SP2 and the install wizard gets all the way to the end and gives this error code.... ERROR 1935 An error occured during installation of assembly component {98CB24AD52FB-DB5F-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E} HRESULT:0x8007054F. I'm going insane tryin to figure this out!! Someone please help!?
    02-22-08 10:03 PM
    Anyone? Someone please help!!
    02-23-08 06:09 PM
    I take it you are meaning the installation of the desktop software on your computer. I also assume that you are on a Window's computer? What version of windows? XP Home, Pro, Vista, etc...?? Let me know and we can figure it out? It is a windows installation error and depending on which OS will determine the correction! Almost forgot to ask, what anti-virus/anti-spyware and firewall are you using?
    02-23-08 06:28 PM
    Hi, and thank you for responding! I am speaking of the install to my computer. I am running Windows Vista(ugh). I have McAfee SecurityCenter And windows firewall that came with computer. I really don't know a whole lot about computers so sorry if I'm a lil slow!! I believe I have 32bit
    02-23-08 07:07 PM
    Alright I did some googling and I think I have a solution for you. The problem seems to be that you do not have Microsoft .net 2.0 installed. Click here to download .net set up file. Install it, then try installing the Desktop Manager again.
    02-24-08 12:46 AM
    In addition to making sure that you have .net installed, you will also want to disable your anti-virus and Windows firwall during the installation. Your anti-virus blocks certain settings within the installation process without advising you as to the block. Also, when you go to run the installation, use Windows Explorer to get to the disk and the setup file, right mouse click on the setup.exe and select "run as administrator" for the setup! This should corret your installation error.
    Last edited by tourmalinecanyon; 02-24-08 at 01:14 PM.
    02-24-08 12:44 PM
    Hi and thanks for trying to help me figure this out! I tried to install that thing you told me to and it says it's already part of my operating system! Now what?
    02-25-08 01:36 PM
    call your phone company, when I got my software it was outdated and I called tmobile because it would not work with my phone. They said they have no idea how I got that cd so they walked me through where to download the software that I did need while I was on the phone and had me install and everything before we got off the phone to make sure it worked. The correct program works for everything other than it does not recognize my media card but I think that is something else because my kids pc recognizes it when I put the software on their pc.
    02-25-08 09:27 PM
    Well I did a factory restore on my PC and now the software works so I must've deleted something somewhere along the way that I needed!! Thank you all for helping!!
    02-25-08 10:54 PM
    I've tried all these methods, along with every single registry fixer that comes to mind, and it still doesn't work! And I've tried to install 3 versions: 6.0.2, 6.1.34 and 6.1.38.
    11-28-11 05:10 PM
    I've tried all these methods, along with every single registry fixer that comes to mind, and it still doesn't work! And I've tried to install 3 versions: 6.0.2, 6.1.34 and 6.1.38.
    You need to install OS5
    12-08-11 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD