After using the mod in the thread for changing my notifier tones (this thread) I now do not get the caller ID when my phone rings. The mod works great and I really don't believe it to be a mod, just changing options. But now, when my phone rings, the screen doesn't change (to show who's calling) until after I accept the call. Any help would be greatly appretiated. Thanks.
    10-03-07 07:22 AM
    Probably your content protection settings. Make sure it's "off" for contacts.
    10-03-07 09:28 AM
    Huh? Say who? Can you explain hwer eot find that? Thanks.
    10-03-07 09:33 AM
    options ===> security options ===> general settings ===> content protection Either disable it completely or leave it enabled and set "include address book" to "no".
    10-03-07 10:45 AM
    Ok. I went there but all of my options were already selected as you had prescribed. Any other thoughts?
    10-03-07 10:54 AM
    DId you try disabling it completely instead of just setting the "address book" to "no"? That might do it. Otherwise, I am out of ideas...I have an 8830 not an 8100, so maybe I am not the best person to answer this one.
    10-03-07 02:17 PM
    Thanks a bunc tevansen. I think I needed to swithc to "yes" when it asks "include address book". I'll let you know how it works. Let me know if you need ringtones or wallpapers! (Its really the only way I can return the favor really)
    10-03-07 09:53 PM
    Please do NOT double post! I just replied to your other post, in the other thread...

(I've been offline for a few days, thus my delayed reply...)
    10-04-07 04:18 AM
    Sorry, I posted this but figured it would be better suited for a diffrent thread. Again, sorry. Thanks for the help though. What I mentioned above worked though.
    10-04-07 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD