Hello BB Users,
    I may need a crackberry's advice...
    I bought my phone on Ebay from TMobile, my service provider is Fido. I have a data plan. Everything on my phone works except for BB Messenger.

I cannot download it...I've tried everything...downloading from blackberry.com, desktop mngr, over the air, etc.

Is there anyone to hack into the phone to add the application?

I have Yahoo and Google Talk but NO BB Messenger?

I WANT IT!!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS!!! PLS HELP!!!
    01-14-08 07:05 PM
    What kind of error are you getting when you try to download it to your phone?
    01-14-08 07:20 PM
    What does it say when you try to download BBmessenger?
    01-14-08 07:23 PM
    it says Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BB Messenger
    01-14-08 07:28 PM
    What is your current OS version?

(Goto Options -> About):

v4.2.x.xxx
    01-14-08 07:29 PM
    Version 4.2
    01-14-08 07:38 PM
    I read on the BB website that if the original service provide does not allow users to use BB Messenger, then you cannot download it...I'm wondering if there is a way around this?
    01-14-08 07:39 PM
    Hmmm, it may be, im not to familiar with Fido, I just signe up with Rogers and everything was preloaded on my curve. Have you checked out the some posts by other fido customers on this forum?
    01-14-08 08:04 PM
    I had a similar problem about a month ago.

The solution was: Messenger install as a matter of course, but if you are using the default vendor theme you have to click the application icon, BB Messenger will be there.

If you change your theme to one of the Dimension themes (I have AT&T, they may be called something else for you) it'll show on your home screen
    01-14-08 11:54 PM
    To clear some things up here...

BBMessenger comes preloaded on OS 4.2 devices. It MUST be installed via Desktop Manager and the OS installation package. Check all the folders to see if it's already there. If you've deleted it or attempted to download from blackberry.com then you will need to delete the version on the handheld. Go to Options >Advanced Options >Applications and find Blackberry Messenger. If it's 4.2.x then it's likely the correct one and you should go back and look for it on your device again. If the version is 1.0.94 or similar then delete it and follow the instructions below:

Now Install Desktop manager (if it's not already.) You can get it here:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry - Sys Req V4-2 Pack 2

Then go to your carrier's website and download (and install to your computer) the OS for your device (Look in Options >About for your OS version.) You can get that here:

BlackBerry Operating System Downloads - BlackBerryFAQ.com

After installing the OS to your computer, open Desktop Manager, run Application Loader and make sure the box is checked for Blackberry Messenger. Then finish out the installation.

Again, this is the ONLY method for reinstalling BBMessenger to an OS 4.2 device.
    01-15-08 01:35 AM
    I've tried this and still can't get BB messenger to work on my device! Any help is much appreciated!
    09-23-08 09:30 PM
    That's the same thing mine says when I try to DL it I have it on my phone already but I was curious if it was diff from the one my phone came with but it gave me that error message also. I thought it was weird being I already had it but I have heard also if your service does not support you can't have it. Maybe you should try the app loader from the DM.. The previous owner could have deleted it maybe that will allow it to be set back to your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 09:44 PM
    I have bought a 8100 bb off of ebay
    it is orginally a t-mobile phone
    but i have a rogers carrier
    i have purchased the data plan but do not have BB messenger
    i have called my service provider and we have tried everything!
    i have the lastest OS 4.2
    i have the lastest desktop manger
    i have gone to the applications on the DM and there is no BB messenger
    how can i get BB messenger on my phonee
    please help
    and yes i have checked to see if it was hidden
    09-29-08 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD