any one know if this is possible?

thanks,
    joe
    10-20-07 01:12 PM
    No, it's not possible for two phone numbers to be assigned to the same SIM card.

The service that some carriers, (in least in Europe) offer is a Duo SIM card. It's really useful. It's two SIM cards, in two mobile devices, ie. perhaps your Blackberry and a separate cellular phone that interact. With your carrier you firstly define your primary device for voice, this is the device on which incoming calls will first ring on. If this device is switched off, or remains unanswered, the incoming call is automatically deviated to your second device. Voice messages, notifications of missed calls, SMS messages etc. are all handled seamlessly between the two devices - there are no call charges for the deviation.
    Last edited by Berryman; 10-20-07 at 03:24 PM.
    10-20-07 03:17 PM
    any one know if this is possible?

thanks,
    joe
    When I used to be with Nextel, I had 2 phone numbers on 1 SIM. So to answer your question -- Yes it is possible! With BlackBerry(s)? Sorry no you can't. You need a device that supports Line 1 and Line 2 setttings for that.
    10-20-07 10:31 PM
    you can try a dou sim device they are sold on ebay between 5-15 usd.
    i have one and it works. if your phone is locked you can only use the same network for both no's EX: 2 tmobile or 2 att sims or whatever service you are using. however some phones dont support auto switch when you use it so you have to turn the phone off to acess the other number. so if having the two numbers is a must it is a minor inconvenience. i just ordered my bb 88oo and when t comes i will give you an update.
    10-21-07 04:36 PM
    no, not with bb
    10-21-07 05:42 PM
    Here in italy is possible .. but one is only for incoming calls..
    10-24-07 04:46 PM
    This feature would be really awesome, I have been wanting to do this for years. I got sick of carying around a personal and work cell, so I have resorted to forwarding one to another.
    11-10-07 08:49 AM
    AT&T used to offer this service before, no longer offered though, but quite certain it was not available for BB devices.
    11-10-07 11:12 PM
    I know this forum has been dorment for a while but this is physically possible. Although ATTs systems do not support it. Most, and i really do mean most, phone support 2 lines and almost all sim cards support it as well. however att's systems will not allow two numbers to be assigned the same sim card number. so therefore you cannot have a line 2, 3, or 4 on your sim card. i know it really sucks!!
    04-28-09 12:32 PM
    Wow, this would be so handy. Now that I'm a BB owner, I'm totally hooked and would love to not have to carry around both my iPhone and my BlackBerry.
    05-25-09 03:46 PM
    I spend time in two different countries, and to avoid big roaming bills, I thought that I could have 2 service contracts and just switch out my SIM card when I switched countries. My service provider says it is not possible because the PIN and IMEI can only be linked to one service provider. Anybody have any luck on this?
    06-16-09 04:53 AM
    ecphome - you can unlock your phone (I did it via eBay for $4), then you can use any SIM card you want.

Regarding having two phone numbers: Here is what I do: I have three phone numbers and I forward two of them into the third line (my Bold). I don't need three PHONES, only three numbers. The Forward feature is part of the service ($9.95 a month using AT&T) so there's no cost. Works for me!
    06-16-09 06:28 PM
    OS 5.0 will allow it. Hopefully we'll see it in the future...
    06-18-09 04:50 PM
    I just got into this company ProxyComm and they offer a service to get a 2nd phone number; either an area code of your choice or get a 800 number (get that professional look). its all over the net (VOip) and you can have the number ring your home,cell...up to 4 phones simultaneously. Voicemails sent to your email in .wav format....other features also...its pretty good for a business person. any questions let me know ...PIN me . thx
    07-07-09 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD