Visit crackberry.com/getlauncher to download!!

Our friend Fabian Heuwieser has put together a new BlackBerry app for all of us CrackBerry readers and members. It's a launcher on steroids. It's an app for your BlackBerry, that basically puts the main site's navigation at your finger tips, so you can quickly launch the mobile site to the page you want straight away! Download it and give it a go.

* Note to Storm Users: Be sure to disable compatibility mode. *

Feedback: Leave your feedback and suggestions on this thread and Fabian will try and work it into future releases.

THANKS FABIAN!!!
    12-21-09 12:33 PM
    Future Version Suggestion #1:

One thing not in this version that we'll try and add to the next is a setting for homescreen notifications. So if there's a new blog post the homescreen icon on your device gets a red star.
    12-21-09 12:35 PM
    Thanks. I have only done a little messing around with it since I'm at work (lol) but so far it's sweet. I like the ease of being able to get to all the CB stuff from one place. Even the control panel on CB.
    12-21-09 12:54 PM
    I went to www.crackberry.com/launcher and couldn't find a way to download the app from my BB browser. Please tell me what I am missing. Thanks.
    12-21-09 01:29 PM
    Works like a Charm on my Tour 9630.

One "bug" I noticed....some of the forums will need to be abbreviated as they are too long to fit on the screen (at least on the Tour screen):

- Upcoming/Rumoured
    - BB Software & Svc Companies
    - Past CB.com features and contests

And one suggestion I (well, my agin eyes) would like to make.....

When scrolling through the threads, I find the black text on Purple buttons hard to read (even with the larger font being used). Since we already have the orange color that moves as you select each button, I would like to see the text on each button be white. I find white on purple would be easier to read.

Again, I like this bit of code. I have removed my prior CB launcher and will use this exclusively. I'll probably remove my direct launcher for the CB app store for more cleanliness.......Nice work!
    Last edited by jlb21; 12-21-09 at 01:34 PM.
    12-21-09 01:31 PM
    I went to www.crackberry.com/launcher and couldn't find a way to download the app from my BB browser. Please tell me what I am missing. Thanks.
    ;-) Please read the post again. it's crackberry.com/GETlauncher
    12-21-09 01:33 PM
    Works like a Charm on my Tour 9630.

One "bug" I noticed....some of the forums will need to be abbreviated as they are scrolling off the screen (at least on the Tour screen):

- Upcoming/Rumoured
    - BB Software & Svc Companies
    - Past CB.com features and contests

And one suggestion I (well, my agin eyes) would like to make.....

When scrolling through the threads, I find the black text on Purple buttons hard to read (even with the larger font being used). Since we already have the orange color that moves as you select each button, I would like to see the text on each button be white. I find white on purple would be easier to read.

Again, I like this bit of code. I have removed my prior CB launcher and will use this exclusively. I'll probably remove my direct launcher for the CB app store for more cleanliness.......Nice work!
    Good ideas. Will try these in the next version!
    12-21-09 01:34 PM
    Downloaded it for my S1 and then disabled compatibility mode but it won't launch. Deleted and trying to DL again and see what's up.

EDIT: Tried again and still won't launch...
    Last edited by doctorlove316; 12-21-09 at 01:45 PM.
    12-21-09 01:41 PM
    Oops! Yep, went to the correct place and still can't find a way to download it.
    12-21-09 01:54 PM
    Homescreen Notification will be S~W~E~E~T! Thank you Fabian & Kevin!!!

Merry Christmas!
    12-21-09 02:00 PM
    Home screen notifications for new Blog posts!? Now that's what"s good!! Can't wait for that feature to be included!

I basically just wanted to say that I'm very impressed & THANK YOU!! The CrackBerry Launcher has come along way from being just a simple m.crackberry.com launcher to basically an app that is able to launch most every part of CrackBerry!

Keep up the great work guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 02:22 PM
    12-21-09 02:31 PM
    Where exactly do I disable this mode???

12-21-09 02:33 PM
    yeah, on the storm, please be more detailed when you say to disable compatibility mode. thanks
    12-21-09 02:44 PM
    Where exactly do I disable this mode???

Options> Applications> Highlight the app> BB Button> Disable Compatibilty Mode.

Love this app. I like the idea of notifications too, can't wait for an update already.
    12-21-09 02:56 PM
    yeah, on the storm, please be more detailed when you say to disable compatibility mode. thanks
    Go to Options > Applications > Put the cursor on Crackberry Launcher (don't click) > hit the BB button, "disable compatibility mode" > Done

Let me know if any other 9530 users are having troubles...
    12-21-09 02:56 PM
    Options> Applications> Highlight the app> BB Button> Disable Compatibilty Mode.

Love this app. I like the idea of notifications too, can't wait for an update already.
    Hey thanks for the help, but I still got the blu bar, can't hide the keyboard, should I erase this app & redownload it???

12-21-09 03:08 PM
    OK, so I got it DL'd and working on my Storm. For some reason, I had to go into the permissions and select allow for all of them. Now it works fine. I like it a lot so far.
    12-21-09 03:18 PM
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I have been waiting for a version that would work on my S2. Just a couple days ago PK told me it was in the works and it should be here soon. Works fine on my phone so far except when I go to options it's not there. It does show when I go to applications but there is no option to change teh color. I think the idea for notifications would be great. My suggestion is for the ability to change the color of the launcher.
    12-21-09 03:46 PM
    Can you change the icon color on this one? I cant figure out how too
    12-21-09 03:48 PM
    You can't change the color on this one. However it's better than the old one in many ways, except for that of course.
    12-21-09 03:57 PM
    Very cool app! The above suggestions sound good to me as well as the ability to change icon color.

Thanks!!!
    12-21-09 04:00 PM
    Hey thanks for the help, but I still got the blu bar, can't hide the keyboard, should I erase this app & redownload it???

YOu have to close the app (with the close button, not the red button) and then set the compatibility again. then it work.
    12-21-09 04:12 PM
    Neat app, but doesnt CB have a mobile version of the site? Mine is going to a desktop looking sit in the BB browser.
    12-21-09 04:23 PM
    Very nice. Like the ease of use now. Only thing I would like more would be the UI looking more 3 dimentional with the buttons. Good work though.

PS. Where is the option to change the color of the icon now? lol]

Not a big fan of orange.............
    12-21-09 04:25 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD