Hey All,

Just made some subtle changes to the main CrackBerry menu that spans the top of the site. I think they hope improve the usability a little bit. We shortened the menus where we could, putting a bigger focus on the things that actually matter and get clicked and did little re-labeliing.

Things to note:
    - "Help & Discussion Forums" has been re-labeled to "CrackBerry Forums" which I think is good since that's how we all refer to them! We also shortened the menu here to what matters - latest posts, search, and go to the forums homepage.

- "Newbies" has been re-labeled to "BlackBerry Help". I think this makes more sense too, since it is home to things not just for newbies, but to our 101 Lecture Series and How To & FAQ forum which come in helpful for all users.

- We scrapped the "More" section. Now that we have dedicated buttons for News Tips and RSS and Mobile site, and Contact Us and Advertise are in the footer, there wasn't much reason to keep that taking up space. We'll get the About Us and Newsletter Archive added into the footer section of the site so they're not in limbo.

- We shortened the blogs drop down to the most-used categories. One click takes you to the index where you can see all categories and recent posts.

- Accessories drop down has been revised too. Before it was all the accessory categories, but now you can easily click to see what's new and popular, then pick to see accessories for your device and we still listed a couple of the most popular categories.

That pretty much takes care of it. Some big CrackBerry 2.0 changes will be coming down the road, but in the meantime we're just trying to tweak to make things better for ya everyday.

If you have any suggestions or comments on these revisions, let us know!
    03-15-09 07:57 PM
    Great ideas - I like it. It's cleaner and you're right, it makes more sense!
    03-15-09 08:03 PM
    I missed the old Forums setup, because I like to be able to browse right to a specific forum. I find it very helpful if I answering a question and need to go to another forum to create a link.

How about adding a drop down in the blue bar (that has User CP, FAQ, Member List, etc.) for a Forum Jump?
    03-16-09 07:50 AM
    I like it! Was never a huge fan of the menues anyways, but when I do use them they are MUCH more usable.
    03-16-09 07:56 AM
    I like it as well, nice job...
    03-16-09 07:57 AM
    I missed the old Forums setup, because I like to be able to browse right to a specific forum. I find it very helpful if I answering a question and need to go to another forum to create a link.

How about adding a drop down in the blue bar (that has User CP, FAQ, Member List, etc.) for a Forum Jump?
    +1

10clicksnow
    03-16-09 10:39 AM
    Grat job to Kev and the rest of the CB staff for keeping this site up 2 date!
    03-16-09 10:41 AM
    I like the new layout!

Thanks and keep up the good work Kevin and everyone else at CB!
    03-16-09 04:10 PM
    OK Folks.. Added a little update.

Now under the CrackBerry Forums drop down menu, when you go to the last link, you can click See All Forums... which takes you to the forum homepage, or scroll over to the right and get to any forum directly!

I think that's the best of both worlds. Clean, but still functional for those who want the details.
    03-16-09 05:10 PM
    Thanks! But there's something odd in page resizing now.
    Horizontal scroll bar seems to change due to page width changes.
    Can't view the full menus, as they're off the screen to the right most of the time.
    03-17-09 06:23 AM
    OK Folks.. Added a little update.

Now under the CrackBerry Forums drop down menu, when you go to the last link, you can click See All Forums... which takes you to the forum homepage, or scroll over to the right and get to any forum directly!

I think that's the best of both worlds. Clean, but still functional for those who want the details.
    You rock Kevin - thanks for listening to us!
    03-17-09 10:55 AM
    It took me a day to get use to it but I do like it better.
    03-17-09 11:09 AM
    Thanks! But there's something odd in page resizing now.
    Horizontal scroll bar seems to change due to page width changes.
    Can't view the full menus, as they're off the screen to the right most of the time.
    exactly..can't read the name of the forums on the last pop out menu
    03-17-09 11:55 AM
    Glad to see the menus are back to normal!
    03-18-09 07:37 AM
    Kevin thanks for changing the menus back, I honestly feel that they work much better.
    03-18-09 08:15 AM
    any way to get a subscribed dedicated button? instead if clinking quick links then scrolling to subscribed links? also what about about when u click on the subscribed link and the post you want it takes u to where u posted...
    04-10-09 08:46 PM
    Just Simple! I think that indicating Forums makes it much More easier for Newer members who might be looking for just that! Thanks! Will we get a wap revamp soon too?
    04-23-09 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD