So I was doing my civic duty this week... I got picked for a jury. On day 2
    I received an email while in the courtroom I of course wait until one
    Of the MANY long pauses while they whispered up at the judges podium
    about stuff we're not allowed to hear. And the rest of the jurors quietly talk
    amongst themselves.... So I take out my blackberry look at the message...
    Its my boss wondering where I was at on a deal I was working on. So I quickly
    replY to him before they're done with the little break. No harm right? Wrong!
    I end up by myself in front of the whole court questioning me about it... And
    Long story short..I got kicked off the jury...fortunately I didn't get in any
    Other trouble. Kinda made for an interesting day! I'm definitely an addict though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 12:32 AM
    This is why you should never bring your BB to trial.
    the guard should of took it away from you when you became a juror cause your not allowed to carry it with you for reasons being to not leak information to the media (or w/e)

Using your BB in open court may cause mistrial, so booting you was to not corrupt the process in session.
    03-25-09 03:28 PM
    Ha I loled...

You do realise that you could of been charged

03-25-09 04:47 PM
    LOL- Enjoyed that.

What could he have been charged for? He probably didn't want to be there in the first place lol
    03-25-09 04:55 PM
    LOL- Enjoyed that.

What could he have been charged for? He probably didn't want to be there in the first place lol
    i think this Contempt of court - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

not sure. i got no knowledge of any charges, but jail time maybe.
    03-25-09 06:49 PM
    Haha thats hilarious. I might have done the same though.
    03-25-09 06:54 PM
    Ill make sure if i ever get picked for an alcohol related trial ill confess my addiction.... to blackberry. Then hopefully they wont pick me
    03-25-09 07:01 PM
    I was trying to think of a way to get out of jury duty in 2 months haha

funny story
    03-26-09 08:48 AM
    I was trying to think of a way to get out of jury duty in 2 months haha

funny story
    I tell them I believe any criminal arrested by a cop is guilty...they never seem to want me.
    03-26-09 08:50 AM
    well good you didn't get in trouble! but haha I have jury duty coming up in june (already pushed it back due to school) so I will have to remember this
    03-26-09 12:48 PM
    I was allowed to have my berry when I served on a civil trial for 3 weeks. When I served on a criminal trial I had to leave it in a locker on the first floor before I went through the metal detectors.

03-26-09 02:58 PM
    I hate to get off topic but this reminded me of when I was on jury duty a few years ago.

The summons said something about how cell phones are not allowed past the security checkpoint. Fair enough... I intentionally leave it in the car when I get to the court house. So I walk into the court house, go through the metal detectors, do the usual things such as taking the change & keys out of my pocket, and was asked if I had a cell phone with me. Of course I said no because I left it in the car.

I walk into the room for jurors and I hand the lady my summons and she hands me a questionnaire and I was asked again if I had a cell phone with me. Again, I say no. It was this great big room with about 500 other people I find a seat to sit down. I look around and they had the "rules" posted on the walls. #1 was something about cell phones not being permitted.

The funny thing is during this whole time that I was in the court house and a juror on the trial I was never asked to show any type of ID (other then my jury summons). I could have sold the summons to a mob guy so they could attempt to fix the trial and no one would have known.
    03-26-09 07:34 PM
    I tell them I believe any criminal arrested by a cop is guilty...they never seem to want me.
    Does this really work?
    04-02-09 08:40 PM
    I tell them that I had dangerous trama with drugs and booze while I was in collage. some reason they still haven't picked me. =P

04-02-09 10:51 PM
    I've been invited to go to jury duty 3 times and haven't gone once, no problem! I aint gone kill my time doing that, I'm good.

04-04-09 04:45 AM
    haha thats funny! dummy, you shoulda left it in your car.

ive gotten out of jury duty the 2 times ive been called for it. i've never been called in! calling the night before and hearing "group #282728 will not be needed. thank you!" is such a glorious thing to hear

but if i do ever have to go in ... maybe the fact that my bro in law is a police officer. his dad is a homocide detective. his aunt is a sgt. for phoenix PD. will get me out of it because i will "clearly" be biased lol
    04-04-09 06:00 AM
    I have never been asked.....but if I can't have my Berry I want nothing to do with it!!!

04-05-09 07:27 PM
    You probably got kicked off because of that guy who was in the news a few weeks ago who was on a jury and was Twittering on his phone about the trial from the courtroom.
    Last edited by xfuchsiax; 04-05-09 at 07:43 PM.
    04-05-09 07:41 PM
    I had jury duty on Thursday and was told to keep it off and in the jury room while the case was on.

The OP's lucky he didn't get charged or detained for contempt of court. Seriously - if you didn't have the right judge, you could have really been hurt for "showing up" the court.
    04-06-09 02:00 PM
    im 26 and have never been called for jury duty.... lets hope it stays that way
    04-10-09 06:18 PM
    So I was doing my civic duty this week... I got picked for a jury. On day 2
    I received an email while in the courtroom I of course wait until one
    Of the MANY long pauses while they whispered up at the judges podium
    about stuff we're not allowed to hear. And the rest of the jurors quietly talk
    amongst themselves.... So I take out my blackberry look at the message...
    Its my boss wondering where I was at on a deal I was working on. So I quickly
    replY to him before they're done with the little break. No harm right? Wrong!
    I end up by myself in front of the whole court questioning me about it... And
    Long story short..I got kicked off the jury...fortunately I didn't get in any
    Other trouble. Kinda made for an interesting day! I'm definitely an addict though.

A true addict. Bravo Sir. Bravo!
    04-10-09 06:30 PM
    A couple of months ago, I was called in for Federal Jury duty. Of course, not phones allowed. Well what do you know, guess who is my fellow juror: Richard Gere. Damn out of anytime I needed my phone to take pic, that was it. Federal runs for an entire month, and I only had to go in for one day. Brrothers and Sisters, all I can say is AMEN.
    04-10-09 06:33 PM
    LOL that's when you know that you have an addiction with Blackberry. Do you need counseling? Hah ha that's a funny story

04-10-09 08:01 PM
    They can try to take my BB away, from my cold dead body.
    06-10-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD