View Poll Results: Did this post help you solve your Bluetooth Blackberry Windows 7 problems?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - I solved my Bluetooth Blackberry Windows 7 problems

115 67.65%
  • NO- - I still have issues with my Blackberry and Windows 7

55 32.35%
    Many (including me) were stumped by the appearance of two bluetooth devices missing drivers in Windows 7 64-bit build 7100 following the installation of Blackberry Desktop Manager Software version 4.6 or higher.

These exclamation ! marked bluetooth peripheral devices are merely two more ports that Windows 7 can't find the drivers for (there should be FOUR total after you follow my suggestions).

Lucky for YOU, these port drivers are already present on your system (assuming you installed RIM Blackberry Desktop Manager software 4.6 or higher).

The 'trick' is to manually load the extra two PORTS by choosing from a list of drivers.

Find the 2 problem drivers-missing entries in your Bluetooth devices list, right click on the first one, choose UPDATE DRIVER SOFTWARE. Then choose Browse My Computer, then Let Me Pick From a List of Device Drivers. Scroll down till you see PORTS, then choose Rim Virtual Serial Port v2 and click Apply.

You'll get a warning message from windows 7, ignore this choose OK or apply and load the driver. It will report the device is set up correctly.

REPEAT this process 1 more time for the 2nd problem child bluetooth device that is missing the driver.

Then pair up your Blackberry with your laptop. Don't forget to REMOVE your laptop or PC from the blackberry list of paired bluetooth devices and then pair it all over again now that you've fixed the drivers on the pc/laptop side of things in Windows 7 by adding those two ports that were missing (assuming you're upgrading to Windows 7 and having problems where you can't sync with Outlook and your Blackberry using BLUETOOTH.

Once you've paired your Blackberry successfully, you'll need to configure Bluetooth in your connections options in Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.6 or higher.

You can then forget about plugging in the USB micro-cable and happily SYNC it with your bluetooth

Worked like a charm for me 7/8/2009.

*** Important: Windows 7 now includes the ability to fully back up your entire machine to an external device like a Western Digital MyBook. In addition you can create a recovery boot cd with Windows 7. In the event of total meltdown, those who do backups before tweaking their system can revert to the known good system image and are joyful!

Advice given is without warranty and end user assumes all risks of use thereof. No copyright is given or inferred to others. Author retains rights to this post. ***

CREDIT for this solution is given to AT&T Laptop Support - Level 2 (United States). I never would have found this and prowled the web like crazy to no avail. AT&T Laptop Support is normally $2 a minute but I was able to be transferred to them from the level 1 support "Internally". Nice going AT&T.
    Last edited by rsm2009; 07-09-09 at 12:00 AM. Reason: give credit to AT&T support
    07-08-09 11:51 PM
    This worked Great in Vista as well.. Nice find!
    07-09-09 11:41 PM
    Thanks for the kind words - and for completing the 'survey'

rsm2009
    07-10-09 12:46 AM
    Good post....worked a treat for me!
    07-15-09 10:28 PM
    Wow!!! It actually works! I've been trying to do this for such a long time. So happy that I had to register just to let you all know that this works! Anyways, glad to be here w/crackberry.
    07-16-09 02:52 AM
    have been trying to find this solution for long time. will give it a try tonight.

registered on this forum only to thank the topic starter

THANK YOU!

Update:

there is a small problem though: the BB won't disconnect after the sync is done and DM 5.0 is switched off

anyone has a solution to this please?
    Last edited by a.petrov; 08-12-09 at 08:56 AM. Reason: update
    08-12-09 06:58 AM
    Then pair up your Blackberry with your laptop. Don't forget to REMOVE your laptop or PC from the blackberry list of paired bluetooth devices and then pair it all over again now that you've fixed the drivers on the pc/laptop

I have followed these steps very carefully but, how do i re-pair the tour with the computer after i deleted the pc from the list on the tour?
    I have to delete the tour from the pc.....which then deletes the drivers i just installed!!

Im sure its simple, and i have just gotten frustrated where i cant see it....a quick help would be greatly appreciated!
    08-23-09 09:08 PM
    Wow this worked for me too thanks a lot!
    08-23-09 09:51 PM
    I registered on this forum ,
    and I got lots of info here ..
    of course it works.
    08-27-09 10:59 AM
    Nice find and good work. Drivers installed with no issues. I was thinking about manually installing the drivers but was not sure what devices they were. Thanks again for the info.
    09-01-09 04:07 PM
    I was able to get the drivers updated however it looks like the sync is taking forever still. Gonna leave it on overnight, see if it works.
    09-09-09 12:09 AM
    This did and didn't solve my issues.

How do I get it to play through bluetooth to my computer?

I used to be able to stream music on my BB through bluetooth to my computer.
    09-14-09 01:08 PM
    Windows 7 now recognizes 2 rim virtual com ports v2 (com7 and com8) You said I need 4? How may I accomplish this?

--EDIT-- Uninstalled IVT bt stack and now using microsoft's. Trying now --EDIT--
    --EDIT-- Now I have the 4 rim virtual serial ports (coms 4-8) but dm blutooth support option still unavaliable (check greyed-out) and when removing and adding phone device still needs to asign drivers manually... PLEASE HELP!!! --EDIT--

--EDIT-- FINALLY!!! I managet to get it to work but using Mircosoft serial port over bluetooth driver for com 7 and 8 (RIM virtual ports afaik ara usb drivers) now it's working, those who rim one's didn't solve the problem could try this one.
    I wish it could help someone --EDIT--
    Last edited by Kelbethor; 10-01-09 at 06:07 AM. Reason: YEAH!!!!
    09-30-09 06:25 AM
    I have followed these steps very carefully but, how do i re-pair the tour with the computer after i deleted the pc from the list on the tour?
    I have to delete the tour from the pc.....which then deletes the drivers i just installed!!

Im sure its simple, and i have just gotten frustrated where i cant see it....a quick help would be greatly appreciated!
    This does work, but you need to delete your PC from your device and not the device from you PC, because as you say this means you need to reinstall the drivers. This happened to me.

You then set up the pairing again from your PC setting your device to discoverable and everything will work as it then uses the drivers that have already been installed manually.

Great tip by the way rsm2009
    10-25-09 04:49 AM
    I found and installed the drivers. Windows device manager tells me the device is working properly. However, when I try to connect to PC from BB, BB shows connection failed. What is wrong?
    10-27-09 04:52 PM
    Thanks so much, that was a perfect fix! I had to go over it again because I blew past the "Ports" section in "Device Manager" when looking for the driver. This is with version 5.x on the phone and Desktop Manager.
    11-01-09 02:03 PM
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! I've been having problems with bluetooth on my new Storm 2 connecting to Desktop Manager using Win7 64-bit!!! My phone froze and rebooted several times whenever i tried to reconnect, and finally I don't need to use the USB cable to sync! THANK YOU!

edit - spoke too soon... my phone froze and rebooted again after a successful sync using bluetooth After the phone rebooted, it paired with the computer again and had the Exclamation Points back on the two Bluetooth Peripheral Device drivers
    Last edited by jagnyc; 11-02-09 at 11:07 PM.
    11-02-09 08:38 PM
    Can files be transferred over bluetooth to the phone? If so, how?
    11-03-09 07:44 AM
    This did and didn't solve my issues.

How do I get it to play through bluetooth to my computer?

I used to be able to stream music on my BB through bluetooth to my computer.

Did u get it to work. I used to be able to do the same thing but now I cannot. I have a Bold 9000, ATT, 4.6.0.297.
    11-03-09 11:46 AM
    Can files be transferred over bluetooth to the phone? If so, how?
    Open Media, hit Menu and then choose Receive using Bluetooth.
    11-03-09 12:59 PM
    This does work, but you need to delete your PC from your device and not the device from you PC, because as you say this means you need to reinstall the drivers. This happened to me.

You then set up the pairing again from your PC setting your device to discoverable and everything will work as it then uses the drivers that have already been installed manually.

Great tip by the way rsm2009
    If you delete the PC from the BB, and then set the BB to discoverable, the PC will not see the BB a second time since it already has it on the list. You then have to delete the BB from the PC and start over. And around and around...
    11-13-09 01:23 PM
    hmmm...i didnt have any issues with win7 and my berry on either one of my pc's! i guess maybe i got lucky
    11-14-09 02:02 PM
    Great stuff!! Thanks for he link. DM 5.0.1.

However, DM is telling me that Media is not supported via Bluetooth. And even though I've enabled such features on my PC, I'm guessing I cannot mimic the "mass storage mode" as I can with USB.

I'm running Win7 32-bit on a Fujitsu LifeBook T5010.

Other than that, the synch works like a charm. I am unable however, so maintain a connection between the device and the PC once DM is closed.

Anyone having similar issues?

EDIT TO ADD:

Okay, now I'm able to maintain connection, and I can send files to my computer from my Storm using BT, but can't from my computer to my Storm.
    Last edited by Gawain; 11-14-09 at 07:35 PM.
    11-14-09 07:22 PM
    I have windows 7 Pro and I didnt see the rim virtual port in the list. I have desktop 5.0.. Help
    11-15-09 10:20 AM
    I take that back I found where the virtual port was located and it works flawlessly. Thanks a million
    11-15-09 10:31 AM
109 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD