I'm looking for an economical, yet good headset.
    My company has just set a rule that all blackberry users must have a bluetooth headset. So I'm looking at buying 200+ headsets.

My requirements:
    -Good Sound quality
    -Noise Canceling Headphone
    -Moderate-good Battery Life

My only complaint about some headsets....when people call me, they sound like they're in a tunnel...which means I can barely hear them.

suggestions?
    06-18-07 11:00 AM
    Good Value - Motorola H700

Best Sound Quality - Aliph Jawbone.

Send me a PM or email with your contact info. If you are looking at doing a big order like 200+ units I can arrange special pricing for you directly through our CrackBerry.com store providers.
    06-18-07 11:21 AM
    I am digging the Jawbone. I have yet to recharge it after the initial hookup, been a week. Sound quality is excellent so far, fit is good, comes with two right and two left earhooks, 4 differently-shaped eargels that twist and lock onto the headset. No more lost ear cushions! My one beef is the little rubber cap that covers the recharging port. It is only a matter of time before that thing falls off and disappears. It really should be tethered somehow, or have a more formidable snap-on mechanism.
    06-18-07 01:08 PM
    Def look at the Nokia BH 700.

Its a quality Ear piece and small, with great battery and great sound quality. I have tried some headsets and it really is top quality.

Comes in Black or White

HERE
    06-18-07 02:43 PM
    Does the jawbone have echo cancellation? That's been my biggest beef with most of my bluetooth headsets I've tried. The person on the other end always complains about echos.
    06-18-07 04:41 PM
    I like the Nokia BH200...
    06-18-07 04:48 PM
    Shamrox: Hmm, not sure about "echo cancellation," but it has DARPA-developed noice-canceling technology. There is a little sensor that rests on your cheek. It uses bone conduction to sense your voice and uses your voice activity as a baseline to filter out any other unwanted noise. Reviewers mention speaking in the middle of a crowded airport, or in a car with the stereo up, and the caller on the other end has no clue.
    06-20-07 11:16 AM
    I am digging the Jawbone. ... My one beef is the little rubber cap that covers the recharging port. It is only a matter of time before that thing falls off and disappears. It really should be tethered somehow, or have a more formidable snap-on mechanism.

I tried to order replacement "little rubber cap that covers the recharging port" and e-mailed Aliph, and they told me it was just for shipping and unit will be fine without it.

Jawbone is great - easily the best out there, but I wouldn't put it in the OP's "economical" category due to the price.
    07-03-07 09:07 AM
    what about the Motorola H500 or H350? Are they compatible with the Curve? I like them b/c they're pink Thanks!
    07-05-07 10:12 AM
    I tried to order replacement "little rubber cap that covers the recharging port" and e-mailed Aliph, and they told me it was just for shipping and unit will be fine without it.

Jawbone is great - easily the best out there, but I wouldn't put it in the OP's "economical" category due to the price.
    Well, that's good to know! I kinda like it, though. Keeps gunk off the contacts. Since they are so recessed, they will be literally impossible to wipe clean.

Oh, and the only reason I was actually able to get the Jawbone: 50% corporate discount! It only cost me $60! Otherwise it would have been on my "want but cannot afford" list.
    07-05-07 10:39 AM
    The plantronics 320 and 350I believe are very good. Every guy in my unit was wearing 1
    07-05-07 04:12 PM
    I have to agree with Kevin. I've been using the Aleph Jawbone for a couple of weeks now & it is a solid piece of technology. Connections are crystal clear & it is much more comfortable than the Jabra unit I had been using. It syncs quickly & the bluetooth connection is reliable. I really like the look of the jawbone, much more than any other units I've looked at. I think this is the last handsfree I'll buy, unless Aleph comes out with a newer, better unit.
    07-09-07 09:41 PM
    BTW...haven't tried this with others yet, but the jawbone works beautifully with voice dialing (some bt headsets were shaky with this feature on other phones). Once you're wearing the headset and you're paired, click the connect button, you'll hear, "say a command" - and you can dial by name. Works absolutely beautifully. Great to do this, also, with your BB (my curve!) in my pocket, and the jawbone on my ear, as I walk through the city. A single tap, and I can dial by name - never taking the phone out of my pocket. Nice!
    07-24-07 08:24 PM
    what about the Motorola H500 or H350? Are they compatible with the Curve? I like them b/c they're pink Thanks!
    The Motorola H500 would not work with my Verizon 8830. Do not know about the Curve.
    08-12-07 04:39 PM
    The jabra jx10 is amzing..its small,great sound and easy to use
    08-13-07 10:01 AM
    I have to agree with all of the Jawbone users and it comes in three cool colors red, grey and black.
    11-12-07 09:23 PM
    If they made a stereo jawbone then I'd be set.
    11-13-07 09:04 PM
    has anyone tried the 655 RIM/Plantronics yet?
    11-13-07 11:28 PM
    has anyone tried the 655 RIM/Plantronics yet?
    Got my wife one because she doesn't like the Jawbone's look. It's the Plantronics retail-branded one, if it makes a difference. She loves it. Sounds great, lasts long, and a plethora of charging options. I was going to buy one for myself, originally, but I got 50% off a Jawbone, and I love it.
    11-14-07 08:46 AM
    Got my wife one because she doesn't like the Jawbone's look. It's the Plantronics retail-branded one, if it makes a difference. She loves it. Sounds great, lasts long, and a plethora of charging options. I was going to buy one for myself, originally, but I got 50% off a Jawbone, and I love it.
    How is the dsp sound technology on the Plantronics unit? I realize it's not as high tech as the Jawbone, but does it work?
    11-14-07 08:56 AM
    Sounds fine to me when I talk to her. It cuts in and out a bit sometimes, when she is in a really loud, busy place, but most times the volume and clarity are excellent.
    11-14-07 09:19 AM
    I have the Jabra BT 500V
    The earpiece fits inside your ear takes some getting use to but it does a great job for me.
    11-14-07 09:46 AM
    I just ordered my first BT headset, its a Jabra 3010, I think. I hope it's a good one? :-/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-07 09:02 PM
    I would recommend the blueant z9 because the quality is there, great noise cancellation and very light. I really love mine that I picked up today as well as firmware updates from blueant as well!

Charlie

12-13-07 01:00 AM
    I've had at least 10 BT headsets in the last 18 months- starting with Plantronics, Motorola series, Ants, Jabra series, and now the Jawbone and the Jabra BT 8010. The jawbone works great with Jabra EarGels(purchase EarGels seperately at Radio Shack) to replace the earpieces that come with the headset that never stay in place- consistently

12-28-07 07:22 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD