Is there a hands down best Bluetooth earpiece?
    03-06-09 08:09 PM
    Is there a hands down best Bluetooth earpiece?
    Hi Noirs & Welcome to CrackBerry!!

As far as your question, the BEST BT earpiece boils down to the one that works best for you. You'll see rave reviews for JawBone II and BlueAnt, but that doesnt mean when you get one, you'll have an extraordinary experience with it.
    Also, best cannot truly be answered because our conditions are not the same. One person may say their headset is superb while you may have a condition that always causes static....(thats just one example.)

I suggest that you try out several different ones until you come across the one that meets your needs, expectations and price range.

Some can be gotten for peanuts and some cost $150+.

Last edited by ScandaLeX; 03-07-09 at 03:59 AM.
    03-07-09 03:57 AM
    Thanks!

I am just looking to narrow the field. Being somewhat new to the latest and greatest techology, I can use all the help I can get!
    03-07-09 07:19 AM
    Jawbone 2 has been working very well for me. The noise reduction, sound quality and battery life are great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 07:53 AM
    I have the motorola H700 and that has treated me well, i would also make sure the BT you get has the ability to use your berry's voice commands as well. I have heard good reviews on the blueant V1 if you have the money for it.
    03-07-09 08:07 AM
    From my experience Jawbone 2 is the bees knees.
    03-07-09 07:57 PM
    I have Jawbone 2 ($100+)and Plantronics 222 (less than $39.99 @ Verizon store). Cheaper one fits better and performs very well.
    03-07-09 08:12 PM
    I have the Motorola H780 now. I need to make sure I've got it set up correct, then go from there. Thanks for the info!
    03-08-09 01:05 PM
    Hi all. Just wanted to share my experience. I have used about 6 or so bluetooth headsets. A few of them were older Jabra and Motorola models. The sound quality was rather poor and had a little static.

I have had great experiences using Plantronics equipment. The best I have used hands down is the Discovery 925. It retails for $130 but can be found new on eBay for about $55. It is small, lightweight, comfortable, very easy to use and pair, and the sound quality is perfect. It sounds even better than my Blackberry Pear 8120 phone and callers cannot tell you are using bluetooth! It is so comfortable you don't even feel it and forget that it is being worn.

I have also used the Plantronics Voyager 510. This one is a wrap around style. The sound quality is just about the same as the Discovery 925- phenominal. However, it is a little heavier, and the buttons are not quite as accessable. It is also a tad more difficult to pair with your headset. If you do your homework and read various companies such as CNet reviews and the consumers reviews you will see that these two models are consistently rated among the best on the market. Overall my favorite is the Discovery 925.

I have never used the Jawbone. I have read plenty of reviews and it is rated among the best of the best. The reason I did not buy this headset is that in order to work properly it has to fit the contours of your face. Some people whose face may be shaped a bit differently cannot use this because it won't work properly. This is what deterred me from buying it. Hope I have been of help.
    03-13-09 07:41 PM
    I had a Motorola that lasted a week before the ear hook broke off, took it back and got the Plantronics 220. Have had the Plantronics for just over a year with zero problems. The sound quality is superb. It doesn't flop around like the Motorola did. The battery life is very good also.
    03-14-09 11:24 AM
    I used the original Jawbone and now have the Jawbone II. They are both far and away the best bluetooth headsets for making calls that I have ever owned due to their noise cancelling software and speech sensor.

Do not try to use this headset for playing music. For that it is not good.

For hearing and being heard when making phone calls in just about any environment, it is the best I have ever used.

The Jawbone II also won the Crackberry 2008 best headset category.

I have no plans to try any other devices other than a Jabone III if one ever appears.
    03-14-09 11:36 AM
    Stay away from the Plantroincs 925. it's a real expensive piece of junk. Poor audio on both sides. I switched to the jawbone prime. Like night and day. Very good BT earpiece.
    06-30-09 01:56 AM
    Anyone know of a mono earpiece that supports the A2DP standard and will also support custom ringtones thru the headset??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 08:51 AM
    get a headset that has bone conduction. I believe Motorola makes one. I personally haven't used it, but it is what I plan on getting next.
    07-11-09 04:00 AM
    A few recommendations....

Jawbone Prime....
    Jawbone Prime's (JP) out and is an upgrade from Jawbone II in a couple ways. They've updated the algorithm for better noise cancellation. And 2nd, they've now added more loops and more buds to fit more ears. Oh...and 3rd, if you care...they've now got an assortment of colours.

BlueAnt...
    Can't remember the model name, but the only thing I would give this headset an upper hand over the JP, is that it's got a function that tells you who's calling IN the earpiece when your phone rings. Great feature if your phone is in a bag or pocket and you don't want to take it out to see who it is.

Jabra BT8040...
    It's been around for a while, but the noise dampening is really good for such a small device. And although it's only in one ear, you can listen to MP3s on it thru your phone if you so choose. And since this one's been on the market for a while now, it's likely going to be a bit cheaper.

Plantronics.....
    I've never used Plantronics, but overall they seem to have great reviews and I have a few friends that swear by them. That being said, I would recommend to STAY AWAY from the D925. For what it is and what it does, it's pretty overpriced.

Of the ones listed, I'd go with the Jawbone. I had the Jawbone II. Now I've upgraded to the Jawbone Prime. Although...from what I can see. There are no retail outlets that carry JP yet. You'll have to order from their website. Oh...plus their customer service is great.

~LB
    07-14-09 07:15 AM
    for me i love the Jawbone but hurts the back of ear (monster ear flaps thank god they dont jut out lol)i only use that 1 for driving the other i own for office and running around the malls and such moto Bluetooth H710 its light loud easy too use the jawbone retails at 100 to 130 if i remember rite the H710 around 65 to 85 im sure somebody will correct or verify both pretty solid units i hope that helps
    08-08-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD