Can anyone give me some suggestions about the best bluetooth headset in the mid-price range for the Blackberry Curve 8320? The latest one that I bought is the Plantronics Voyager 520. I love the way it fits (over the ear hook) but I'm getting a lot of static on my end when I wear my Blackberry in a OEM Blackberry case on my waist (only about 10 feet away from the headset on my ear just above it). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!! I'm tired of buying and returning bluetooth headsets.
    07-01-08 09:47 AM
    Plantronics are usually solid BT headset options! I am not sure why you are experiencing that heavy static, etc

Have you tried the same thing with the 8320 out of the holster?? Not sure if this will help or not.

Check out the CB Store and look at all the options available! I am sure you will find something you like there!

I personally use an ancient Moto H3 BlueTooth and it works fine!

And, finally...Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    07-01-08 09:52 AM
    "I wear my Blackberry in a OEM Blackberry case on my waist (only about 10 feet away from the headset on my ear just above it)"

WOW!!! You must be REALLY TALL if your ear is 10' above your waist!

I have a Plantronics 650. No problem with my BB in the holder on my dash or sitting at my desk with the BB in the charging station. I carry my BB in my shirt pocket (in the holster) so obviously no problem there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cz10; 07-02-08 at 07:12 AM.
    07-02-08 07:10 AM
    Jawbone is the top of the line. Pricey, but clearest of the bunch...
    07-02-08 07:12 AM
    I use the blackberry 655+ and it works great. People say I sound like I'm not using a headset but I only use it when I'm in my car. I believe it's a plantronics made but blackberry branded device. I picked it up at newegg for about $35 I think. The big selling point for me was having a headset that I could charge in my car and this device allows me to use both my car and home phone chargers to charge it.

07-02-08 11:04 AM
    Jawbone is the top of the line. Pricey, but clearest of the bunch...
    The Jawbone BlueTooth headsets are amazing, from what I hear and read!

They are a bit pricey, but they seem to be amazing quality, stunning design and noise cancelling!
    07-02-08 11:08 AM
    Another vote for the Jawbone 2.

I've left myself test voice mail messages with the A/C going, radio playing rather loud in the background - all that comes through is what I'm saying. Worth the $130 if you ask me.
    07-02-08 12:38 PM
    If you end up with a Jawbone, purchase it somewhere that has a simple return policy as there seems to be a fairly large percentage of folks (myself included) who were simply unable to get the Jawbone to fit properly.
    07-02-08 02:34 PM
    Jawbone has my vote in all circumstances, on the street, in the car, around the house. It just looks cool too.
    07-02-08 02:41 PM
    The Jawbone BlueTooth headsets are amazing, from what I hear and read!

They are a bit pricey, but they seem to be amazing quality, stunning design and noise cancelling!
    Agree. Jawbone, best Bluetooth device I have ever owned - for speech. It is useless for music. The range on my 8310 is very short indeed. I find hat if I have the headset on my left ear and the phone in my right pants pocket whilst driving then I get noise on th connection. Moving the phone to my shirt pocket fixes this.
    07-02-08 03:29 PM
    Another vote for the Jawbone. Great device and I am getting the new one for the wife very soon.
    07-02-08 11:15 PM
    Just got my JawBone yesterday, haven't had the chance to try it yet but knew by recomendations it's what I wanted, and all you T-Mobile users they have all their headset 20% off, mine was $95.00 before taxes, total came to just over $100.00, don't know how long the sale is though.
    07-04-08 08:34 PM
    I've used samsung wep200 for over a year and now just got the wep210 for only around 50bux. You can't get any more clearer or reliable. Its also so small it fits right in your ear, not over it. So style and functionality is top notch here.

07-06-08 01:49 PM
    I would add my voice to some of those hear to warn that the Jawbone both old and new are in my experience pretty much unwearable. I love the look and most importantly the performance of the headset but the fact is that every combo I have tried with the larger older headset and the newer model out recently is so uncomfortable. In addition to this, it does not stay properly on or in my ear so I find I am constantly having to avoid it falling off me. Both sets are very poor with wind noise, but then I dont know of any BT headsets (or wired ones for that matter) that are any good at dealing with this. Sorry to be a downer as you may find that the Jawbone fits you a treat. That is definitely not my experience.
    07-08-08 04:17 PM
    Just bought a jawbone yesterday...had to exchange it for the blue ant because I couldnt find a proper combination that would fit my ear properly...

the blue ant has a foam tip which inserts and stays in your ear very nicely
    01-03-09 09:46 PM
    I prefer either Jabra 8040 or Plantronics Discovery 650 or Voyager 520. All work well

01-04-09 12:06 AM
    I have the JB 2 and it is has the best sound of all, I also had the orignal and it was great also. I tried the blueant but it fit a little lose and the sound was not as good as the JB2
    01-12-09 03:18 PM
    I'm one of the few that have had difficulty with jawbone bt devices. I bought my through the internet. When I got it, it didn't work. I called Jawbone direct and they allowed me to swap it free, which that was cool. When I got the replacement, it worked. But most people complain that I sound like I'm in a tin cup. I've tried different ear hanging, different ears, and different buds...but I can't find anything that is comfortable nor eliminates the "tinny" sound.
    06-15-09 07:12 AM
    I'm one of the few that have had difficulty with jawbone bt devices. I bought my through the internet. When I got it, it didn't work. I called Jawbone direct and they allowed me to swap it free, which that was cool. When I got the replacement, it worked. But most people complain that I sound like I'm in a tin cup. I've tried different ear hanging, different ears, and different buds...but I can't find anything that is comfortable nor eliminates the "tinny" sound.
    I couldn't get the darn thing to fit in my ear
    06-16-09 10:51 AM
    My jawbone PRIME will be delivered today, I'll report back about the fit

Alright, the PRIME is better than the JBii in almost every way. Sound quality is better for me, as well as the person on the other end. Comfort level is 10x better, and not using an ear hook is a definate plus.

All in all, I would recommend this headset to anyone looking to purchase one.
    Last edited by maddmaxx308; 06-23-09 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Purchased
    06-16-09 11:02 AM
    The BlueAnt v1, it a very nice headset.
    06-22-09 09:42 AM
    NEED HELP ALSO. I tried so many different headset. I always hear the people clear but no matter which one I use, they tell me I sound muffle. I've tried motorola, plantronics, ativa with different varations of the models..Is there some way to change the setting on the curve 8330 so i dont sound muffled?
    07-18-09 08:13 AM
    I have a BlueAnt Z9i, works with my Storm in the leather case at my waist, or with the phone in my pocket. No static on either end. This is my first bluetooth device, happy with the performance and it is comfortable for me.

JPD217

Last edited by JPD217; 07-18-09 at 09:38 AM.
    07-18-09 09:35 AM
    Jawbone with the jabra ear gels
    07-24-09 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD