i have an 8330 and i was wondering wat is the best navigation app that is free. also is the blackberry maps app that already is installed on the phone free to use?
    10-18-09 04:05 PM
    AmazeGPS works great for me, I really like and it is also voice-guided! You can download it from the link below...

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html

The Blackberry Maps is free...
    10-18-09 04:39 PM
    nav4all and telmap

d
    10-19-09 06:23 AM
    Amaze is Amazing for a FREE GPS, has turn by turn voice and alot of other features, Nav4All is good too, just not as visually pleasing, very plain and simple which works for some and not for others. My suggestion is to try them all and see which one you like the best. There is a thread out here that has the links for all of them.
    10-19-09 06:35 AM
    The most recent version of amAzeGPS seems to be a lot easier to use (older version was a little confusing) and has USA links and info now. Plus you have the option to display just arrows, or maps (just arrows doesn't use data while following the route).

Nav4All will stop being free at the end of the year.
    10-19-09 11:46 AM
    I can't believe nobody ever mentions Gokivo Navigator in these threads

Yes, Amaze and Nav4all are free, but they're pretty rubbish. Telmap was nice, but being a beta if you didn't use it for a while or give feedback... they kept disabling the damn thing!

Gokivo is totally free, works great, nice UI, and is available to download from App World.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 01:41 PM
    I just did a search in App world and it doesn't find anything named Gokivo. Also scanned through all the mapping and nav software listings and didn't see anything like that.
    10-30-09 02:02 PM
    I just did a search in App world and it doesn't find anything named Gokivo. Also scanned through all the mapping and nav software listings and didn't see anything like that.
    Obviously not available for your area or device yet

10-30-09 02:10 PM
    Yep, that would explain it.
    10-30-09 03:46 PM
    Seems like all the free apps are going to become paid apps. Nav4All goes to a paid service at the end of the year. amAze has gone to a paid service with their 5.0 release (you can still get 4.5 and use it for free). Gokivo is going to be charging soon as well.

Hopefully Google Navigator will come out for BB in the near future.
    10-30-09 07:09 PM
    Amaze isn't even good enough to actually pay pay for it. It wasn't bad for free, but I would rather pay for something else like Telenav or Sprintnav.

10-31-09 11:04 PM

Yes, Amaze and Nav4all are free, but they're pretty rubbish. Telmap was nice, but being a beta if you didn't use it for a while or give feedback... they kept disabling the damn thing!

Gokivo is totally free, works great, nice UI, and is available to download from App World.

Here in the states, it also only supports a few carriers..so far.
    11-01-09 09:19 AM
    where can we get amaze 4.5?
    11-13-09 09:42 PM
    If you go to the amaZe website, there is a link for 4.5 on the bottom of the page.
    11-14-09 07:03 AM
    Just for the record, AMAZE 4.5 IS STILL FREE. Only 5.0 is the paid version.

4.5 was and still is the "beta" version, which is why it remains FREE. 4.5 still works just fine, not sure if they will cancel it out after the end of the year, but for now, I'm still HAPPY

All this talk here and there about it not being FREE, just thought I'd clarify which one still is.
    11-15-09 08:29 AM
    i think gokivo only supports the bold, also they charge $10/month now.
    11-24-09 11:21 PM
    I was going to ask the same question. I have a pearl, but in a few days I am getting the new bold 9700. I currently pay $10 for ATT Navigator w/ATT. I'd like a free app that works just as well as ATT Navigator. Does one not exist?
    11-29-09 04:34 PM
    i think gokivo only supports the bold, also they charge $10/month now.
    GoKivo is made by Network In Motion (NIM) - The same company that created VZ Navigator (hence the $10/month fee)
    11-29-09 11:19 PM
    I use amaze as well, if im going to pay i guess i can buy an actual gps and save
    11-29-09 11:30 PM

Gokivo is not free, it has 14 day trial and looks a lot like VZnav from screen shots. It has a lot of poor reviews also..
    12-09-09 11:26 AM
    LifeInPocket is about the only free turn-by-turn gps left. Nav4All will go to a pay system at the end of the month.
    Used to use Amaze, it's poorly designed but better than Nav4all. Amaze now asks form monthly fee.
    12-10-09 12:04 PM
    Gokivo is not free, it has 14 day trial and looks a lot like VZnav from screen shots. It has a lot of poor reviews also..
    It was free, and it was good... but that was then
    12-11-09 10:49 AM
    Anyone have an OTA for Amaze 4.5 for the Tour? Or did they finally stop providing it since it used to be a beta? I'm not seeing it on their site, only 5.0.
    12-11-09 11:32 AM
    They took down the 4.5 installs. All that amAze offers now is 5.0.
    12-11-09 02:00 PM
    Damnit that sucks.
    12-11-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD