Someone posted this link in another thread and I thought others might like to try it out:

http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/
    12-16-08 07:23 PM
    not accepting anyone from the US anymore
    12-16-08 09:18 PM
    or Canada :S
    12-16-08 09:45 PM
    Select UK and then you can download it -

It still works in the US.
    12-16-08 10:10 PM
    i'm going to delete my post because of my stupidity LOL jk
    12-16-08 10:19 PM
    Nice find... Thanks for sharing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:04 PM
    How's this compare to AmAze?
    12-17-08 02:41 AM
    I personally like AmAze better. I'm definitely not a gps expert and am pretty sure i'm not using all the features perfectly, but that is my opinion.

Downloading them both the other night and playing around with them a little, i like AmAze. The voice navigation on AmAze is pretty neat and for the most part pretty accurate. Also, the navigation feature seems to be pretty much spot on for me. I also like the menu layout better than Telmap, but again, i think it boils down to personal preference.

The search tool for both is a little weak (again, may just be for me in my area). Using Live Search for that worked the best for me, but have to wait until it's compatible w/ .210.

Just my .02.
    12-17-08 09:29 AM
    I like AmazeGPS but I think it's need an update in the GUI.

Not sure if AmazeGPS does this but TelMap reads out the street names. I haven't found that option for AmazeGPS.

I would like the TelMap to add in the time of arrival and the speed you are driving on the routing view.

So far I like TelMap better.
    12-17-08 09:45 AM
    Wont work with Verizon...
    12-18-08 04:42 AM
    Just downloaded Telmap and tried it out. I REALLY like it as far as directions are concerned. It provides a very good 3-D map and is pretty accurate. I had previously tried Nav4All and Amaze and have since deleted them both. Telmap is the only one of the three that does not have problems with voice directions. It's strange, but Nav4All used to work on my 8330 until I tried running it at the same time as BBMaps to have voice directions as well as directions. Since then I can't get Nav4All or Amaze voice directions.

I also like the simpler, uncluttered screen, unlike Amaze. In addition, it's a lot faster. The only criticisms I have is the MapMe map is not very good and it failed to find most of the coffee shops where I live. All in all, I really like it.
    12-22-08 02:07 PM
    Wont work with Verizon...
    because verizon turns your gps off. either use verizon navigator, get a gps puck or buy a storm
    12-27-08 01:58 AM
    I've used the others too and I'm keeping this one. It plays nice with other GPS apps for one, and has a pretty easy to use UI. I just wish you could turn the volume up more for the voice turn by turn. It needs to be able to go louder. If I have a window cracked I can't hear what she's saying.

That said it's free so thanks TelMap and thanks for the heads up OP...and the guy who gave the tip about selecting UK.!!!
    12-27-08 07:40 PM
    The UI doesn't work at all on the storm so don't bother trying it, it's just a waste of time
    12-27-08 09:36 PM
    I'm probably the US Cellular user that Jeff was referring to. I became so frustrated with using the internal gps that I bought a Freedom Keychain. It certainly works reliably. However, for some unknown reason the internal gps has started working better than ever. There are still some frustrating times when it can't find a satellite, but not very often. Also, I have used Telmap now about a dozen times with the internal gps and it was so far worked flawlessly when giving directions. I can't get voice directions to work with Nav4All or AmAze.

Regarding Telmap, I noticed on their website that they offer a free 14 day trial. Since I thought it was really free, I sent them a message requesting clarification. They checked and said I have a one year subscription. I suspect they will start charging after that.
    12-28-08 01:37 PM
    As a storm user on Verizon, I was wondering which was preferred: AmazeGPS or Telmap? Do either have a function that finds your exact location? Which is more user friendly? Do they slow down your storm at all? Are either of them free?
    Thanks
    12-30-08 11:45 AM
    I don't have the Storm, but AmAze is free. I was told I have a one year subscription with Telmap at no cost, probably because they are looking for beta testers. Frankly, I MUCH prefer Tellmap. AmAze is awfully slow and the voice directions never worked right. Both will show you your location.
    12-30-08 01:14 PM
    I coughed up the $80 for Garmin and must says its great. Of course I haven't paid my credit card bill yet... but so far no regrets.
    12-30-08 02:21 PM
    has anyone get this to work on a 8130?
    12-30-08 06:17 PM
    I put it on my Bold, but every time I try to do something, it tells me that the feature is not included in my subscription. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Michael
    12-30-08 08:47 PM
    i am on site and can't find a way to download this. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone confirm that this is still available for downloading?

Thanks
    12-30-08 09:58 PM
    I put it on my Bold, but every time I try to do something, it tells me that the feature is not included in my subscription. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Michael
    Same here, only I'm on a Pearl 8120. Looks like a cool program, but I need to test it first to see if I like it.
    12-31-08 12:46 AM
    i am on site and can't find a way to download this. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone confirm that this is still available for downloading?

Thanks
    just follow the link in the first post. You do have to reg before you can down load this.
    12-31-08 06:31 AM
    It isn't giving me the option to select the UK version. It's telling me that I can't download at this time. Do you know if any of the others will work in the US?
    01-03-09 10:25 PM
    Well i emailed them due to the fact i couldn't get a gps location. I was very surprised they email me back within a few days. Other 3rd party programs I've emailed and never got responses. I did finally get my location. Now i can't do anything, keeps saying this isn't included in my subscription. I emailed them back about this. Hopefully they'll let me know how to get this to work.
    01-04-09 01:56 PM
98 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD