Currently working on an app, which I'm trying to fill the void left by other apps cept I can't think of a name for it.

First and foremost, it's mostly an app for when you are driving, so far has got code for FoxyTag.com speed camera stuff, I've also added in my opencellid.org code to upload cell tower info if you have GPS, I'm planning to code in a media player, not that I think the media player in OS 4.5 is bad or anything, I simply want to control media play back from the same interface as everything else rather than switching between apps, plus I'm planning to force audio out A2DP or via the speaker, or something to that effect...

I'd like to code in turn by turn nav, maybe not with maps, but just arrows and voice prompts, not sure how feasible this is for my level of abilities at this stage but it gives me something to aim for

The only other thing would be offline mapping to go with the sat nav, I'd really like to be able to do this using openstreetmap.org data and turn the vector info into maps on the fly rather than downloading images over the network.

In any case I'm stuck trying to think of something catchy to name it, will most likely GPL the code, I'm doing this for my own personal benefit, not to make money from or anything, then again I am a bit of an anarchist that way.
    12-15-08 09:54 AM
    I will post one just to get the ball rolling, RoadWarrior. I know, overused. But you are navigating roads, you are an self proclaimed anarchist, and it takes place in Australia. Plus it is super corny I like corny names. It also sounds good paired with your other app, RoadWarrior teamed up with GPSAvenger. Sounds like a WWE tag team.

OK, not a winning name, but I just wanted to start you off.
    12-15-08 11:06 AM
    I like RoadWarrior! I also like DeltaWarrior! Since it's for personal use.
    12-15-08 11:46 AM
    I like RoadWarrior! I also like DeltaWarrior! Since it's for personal use.
    I'm sorry but RoadWorrier is just too cheesy for me, although DeltaWarrior isn't too bad, indicates way points...
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 12-15-08 at 08:08 PM.
    12-15-08 08:05 PM
    not sure on a name but maybe get with trapster to add to to your navnificat? Maybe I do have a name.....navnificat
    01-05-09 10:04 AM
    Dashboard...it has everything you want while driving in one location.
    01-05-09 10:29 AM
    just a thought...call it BBTracker
    01-05-09 10:56 AM
    ......or TrackerTalk since you're putting in the media stuff
    01-05-09 10:57 AM
    not sure on a name but maybe get with trapster to add to to your navnificat? Maybe I do have a name.....navnificat
    Does trapster have a 3rd party API?
    01-05-09 11:31 AM
    Does trapster have a 3rd party API?
    I am really not sure.
    01-05-09 01:27 PM
    I am really not sure.
    I gave their site the once over last night and didn't see anything about it.
    01-05-09 05:45 PM
    How about a play on the word "omnipotent" meaning all knowing . . . I'Mnipotent
    01-05-09 05:50 PM
    How about a play on the word "omnipotent" meaning all knowing . . . I'Mnipotent
    or Imaponit, imapit, imap, iNav, BBAIONav (BB all in one nav), none of these are catchy enough, but may help to get the ball rolling.
    01-07-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD