Okay, I looked under Service books and its there, but I can't find the icon anywhere to use it. I read that you have to push the application. How do you push the application and how do I get it to work? ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Under Service Books, it has a check by it and says Blackberry Maps-NA [LbsConfig]

And under Maps is says Blackberry Maps NA
    10-12-08 08:26 PM
    Make sure its not hidden by hitting menu, show all. Did you recently loose it after an update or what?
    10-12-08 08:32 PM
    AT&T from what I've read has permanently blocked BB maps from OS 4.5. The old work around no longer works.
    10-12-08 08:45 PM
    Huh, I always used Google maps and deleted BB Maps. So I never knew this.
    10-12-08 08:52 PM
    You do have a data plan right?
    10-12-08 09:09 PM
    I don't think I ever had it. I have just recently been looking into it and noticed it is there. I just downloaded the Google Maps, so I guess I'll give it a shot. Any other suggestions are always welcome.

Yes I have a data plan, unlimited.
    Last edited by woodman500; 10-12-08 at 09:55 PM.
    10-12-08 09:43 PM
    AT&T from what I've read has permanently blocked BB maps from OS 4.5. The old work around no longer works.
    Using a 8110 Pearl with AT&T. Just upgraded to 4.5 and it appears this might be correct. The Map application is there but can not make it load nor can I get an icon.
    10-13-08 04:37 AM
    Why would AT&T block this service/option??? As a customer I should have the option to use whatever GPS application I choose...
    10-13-08 07:31 AM
    Because they want you to use AT&T Navigator.
    10-13-08 11:29 AM
    I'm using BBMaps on my Curve w/ OS 4.5

Remove vendor.xml; that's what prevents you from installing BB Maps & keeps you tied to the AT&T "solution".
    IIRC, there's a service book for BlackBerry Maps on the AT&T Curve; it's TelNav in disguise. Delete it.
    Check w/ the Desktop Software for the same. Delete it, too.

Download and install the BBMaps app from BlackBerry. It will show up in Desktop Software as version LBS1.2
    Last edited by gregnotcraig; 10-15-08 at 06:02 AM.
    10-15-08 05:57 AM
    My BBMaps gets erased after I install it everytime.
    10-19-08 06:58 PM
    Couple of questions here:

1. I can find the service books for TeleNav and the "disguised" BB Maps, and delete them from the BB itself, but how do I find them on the Desktop Manager? When I plug the BB in it just restores them.

2. Where at Blackberry is the "good" BB Maps to download? I go there and find the software for travel/mapping but that app doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.
    10-23-08 11:09 AM
    Couple of questions here:

1. I can find the service books for TeleNav and the "disguised" BB Maps, and delete them from the BB itself, but how do I find them on the Desktop Manager? When I plug the BB in it just restores them.

2. Where at Blackberry is the "good" BB Maps to download? I go there and find the software for travel/mapping but that app doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.
    This is where I just downloaded BB Maps. I had it at one time and deleted it to conserve memory. I decided to try it again, so I found this BlackBerry link for the download. You have to have your BB connected to your computer via the USB when you click "download" (at least that's what I had to do).

BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com

I have the BB8830 on Verizon, using OS 4.2.2.148.

Hope this helps.
    10-27-08 10:53 PM
    hi. i use worldmate live (wmlive.com) and it uses bb maps for its mapping function. i upgraded to 4.5.081 and bb maps does not seem to play in that version. on the rim website, it says that bb maps work only in 4.1 and 4.2.

i killed the telenav service book (im using garmin which, btw, is VERY cool!) but still no success with bbmaps. oh well....
    11-05-08 04:19 AM
    Here is a link to download it:

http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft...y.do?code=maps

With this statement:

Note: BlackBerry Maps is not available on the AT&T network.

I'm sure there is a way to get it installed.
    11-05-08 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD