Anybody got any ideas?
    05-14-09 09:25 PM
    We should ask whoever posted the pics.. He's the one who has it in his hands. I wonder if it feels better than the surepress

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 09:29 PM
    im gonna guess its like the new macbook pro trackpads
    05-15-09 02:30 AM
    Think it just provides some feedback when you press it but doesn't actually move? or maybe you click the screen but just a tiiiiiiny little bit?
    05-15-09 09:40 AM
    Maybe it's the same concept as the SureType, but a better sealed screen with instead of the button sensor in the middle, there are more sensors... Or maybe it's a laser beam that shoots out if you type a character wrong. Oh oh oh...maybe it just knows what you want to type and just types it...that would be cool.
    05-15-09 10:05 AM
    All I wanted was sharks with frikkin lazer beams attached to their frikkin foreheads! Think a real touch screen not a clickable one

05-15-09 11:28 AM
    I'm gonna guess it's a pressure sensetive screen. i.e. instead of having to press in harder and get the physical click to register a response, you press harder, the devices senses the increased pressure, and registers it as a click.

So we could still have swiping/highlighting actions on the Storm 2, but pressing a little harder would result in typing/clicking
    05-15-09 02:27 PM
    I hope they add true multitouch functionality

05-15-09 02:30 PM
    I hope they add true multitouch functionality

What's "true" multitouch functionality? Can't you highlight several items in the Messages list by touching in two different spots?
    05-15-09 02:33 PM
    There isn't really true multitouch, just more advanced versions. Storm will recognize two points of contact, but more advanced systems will recognize even more points, and follow motion on multiple points. This is used when you bring your fingers closer or further to zoom in and out.
    05-15-09 02:44 PM
    I don't know how that got past me lol. How many points does the iPhone supports? Two? The most I've heard of is Microsoft Surface, I think it allows for 5 or 6 points.
    05-15-09 02:48 PM
    I don't know how that got past me lol. How many points does the iPhone supports? Two? The most I've heard of is Microsoft Surface, I think it allows for 5 or 6 points.
    Surface allows for MUCH more than 5 or 6 points. Along with the iPhone.
    05-15-09 05:59 PM
    "just like the iPhones."
    05-15-09 06:18 PM
    "just like the iPhones."
    No it's not just like the Iphones.
    05-15-09 06:21 PM
    Any light on this? Just a tad bit of info would be nice, how bout users with the Storm, will we need to relearn TruePress or is it close to being the same?
    05-15-09 06:24 PM
    Hmm, I'm not sure then. There's click or no click in my book.
    05-15-09 06:24 PM
    what is truepress?
    05-15-09 06:25 PM
    Heres some help--> BlackBerry Storm 2 dropping SurePress screen?
    05-15-09 06:35 PM
    That's what I was referring to bro. Just like I said. "just like the iPhone's,"
    05-15-09 06:37 PM
    That's what I was referring too bro. Just like I said. "just like the iPhone's,"
    Lol. It's not just like the Iphones. When the device releases or someone gets ahold of it and does a review you will see. I'll refer you back to this thread.

Edit: Just because it does or does not have surepress, doesn't mean it's just like the iphone.
    05-15-09 06:39 PM
    from what ive read around the forums possibly there are more than one button so it can click twice at the same time or something like that not sure how true it is
    05-15-09 06:40 PM
    Lol. It's not just like the Iphones. When the device releases or someone gets ahold of it and does a review you will see. I'll refer you back to this thread.

Edit: Just because it does or does not have surepress, doesn't mean it's just like the iphone.
    I'll be waiting for it. Haha.

And good point with the edit. I guess that we really only know about a clicking screen and a non click screen. So if it says it doesn't click, we always jump to the next best thing.
    05-15-09 06:41 PM
    from what ive read around the forums possibly there are more than one button so it can click twice at the same time or something like that not sure how true it is
    Early pro types of the Storm had two buttons under the screen instead of the one it has now.
    05-15-09 06:42 PM
    I'll be waiting for it. Haha.

And good point with the edit. I guess that we really only know about a clicking screen and a non click screen. So if it says it doesn't click, we always jump to the next best thing.
    You're more right than you are wrong in this case, but I just want to make it clear it's not exactly like the Iphones. We don't need to copy Apple anything.
    05-15-09 06:43 PM
    You're more right than you are wrong in this case, but I just want to make it clear it's not exactly like the Iphones. We don't need to copy Apple anything.
    Yeah I think RIM came to the conclusion on that with the first Storm. They got as far away from the iPhones screen possible.
    05-15-09 06:46 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD