Ok...just went from 4.5.0.42. to .44 and I now have an icon called Quincy and one called net_rim_quincy_speech_icon....also a new one called net_rim_batterylog. any indea what quincy does??? the battery logs a no-brainer.
    06-22-08 07:46 PM
    Pete6
    CrackBerry Master
    Device Model: 8310 and 8100
    Carrier: Swisscom
    PIN: T of Beer Please

Send a message via Skype™ to Pete6
    Default Quincy
    Quncy is a RIM reporting tool for its OS. It seems to report phone activity back to RIM. To some extent it is configurable but it does not seem to be completely removable.

I am happy to allow this data flow because I do not have anything on my phoen that would be of interest to RIM if the looked. In fact, they would become bored very quickly with my mundane life of family, friends and customers.

I found this linek about Quincy which may be of interest.
    big brother Quincy (RIM) is watching you... - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums
    06-22-08 07:51 PM
    AUtigers350z
    CrackBerry Abuser
    Device Model: 8310 (Curve)
    Carrier: AT&T/Cingular

Default Removing Quincy, Bug Report and Battery Report
    Since I have just tried this myself and it works, I will post up instructions for those who are interested. Proceed at your own risk! I am not responsible if something messes up on your device!!

- Using Windows explorer, navigate to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/RIMInternalTools-4.5.0.44/Java/

- Cut and paste the following files into a backup folder on your hard drive:

net_rim_batterylog
    net_rim_bugreport
    net_rim_quincy
    net_rim_quincy_ui
    net_rim_quincy_config_std
    net_rim_quincy_reports_new
    net_rim_quincy_speech_icon

- With your device connected, start up Desktop Manager (I'm using v4.6)

- Click on Application Loader and then Add/Remove Applications. This should do a search for updated applications and then list everything installed onto your phone. Click the Finish button at the bottom right. You SHOULD see a screen that shows the following files listed above will be removed from your handheld and then click OK. It will proceed to remove the files and then restart your Berry. VIOLA!
    06-22-08 07:52 PM
    Pete6
    CrackBerry Master
    Device Model: 8310 and 8100
    Carrier: Swisscom
    PIN: T of Beer Please

Send a message via Skype� to Pete6
    Default Quincy
    Quncy is a RIM reporting tool for its OS. It seems to report phone activity back to RIM. To some extent it is configurable but it does not seem to be completely removable.

I am happy to allow this data flow because I do not have anything on my phoen that would be of interest to RIM if the looked. In fact, they would become bored very quickly with my mundane life of family, friends and customers.

I found this linek about Quincy which may be of interest.
    big brother Quincy (RIM) is watching you... - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums
    Thanks AG...
    06-22-08 07:53 PM
    lolz....just upgraded my OS as well and thought I had a new personal assistant.
    06-22-08 07:58 PM
    Quincy is a built-in Medical Examiner for your BlackBerry!
    06-23-08 05:35 PM
    You are dating yourself.........
    06-23-08 05:45 PM
    Quincy can be removed as stated earlier...as far as letting RIM check you out, could be good or bad idea...considering you're not "supposed" to have this OS...maybe a bad one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 06:29 PM
    Removing Quincy by deleting a few files in a Java folder was my first attempt at this but because I did not reaally know what was likely to happen I looked for a better, safer way to get rid of RIM's little reporting tool. It was easy.

On your PC go to Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs (on XP) and Remove the Application - BlackBerry Internal Apps for RIM Version 4.5.0

I think that this app was included within 4.5.0.44 by RIM, in error. However it got there it does not seem to do a great deal for us.
    06-23-08 07:00 PM
    Yes but who is it examining???
    06-23-08 07:03 PM
    Removing Quincy by deleting a few files in a Java folder was my first attempt at this but because I did not reaally know what was likely to happen I looked for a better, safer way to get rid of RIM's little reporting tool. It was easy.

On your PC go to Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs (on XP) and Remove the Application - BlackBerry Internal Apps for RIM Version 4.5.0

I think that this app was included within 4.5.0.44 by RIM, in error. However it got there it does not seem to do a great deal for us.
    Thanks Pete6...I just uninstalled it by your method. Easy.thanks. I guess i'm a little paranoid but I really dont want RIM or anyone else to know how many times my berry was holstered during the day, or how many times I pressed a given key or how my battery is charged theres quite a bit of information being passed to RIM from that little app. Glad to have it gone!
    06-23-08 08:38 PM
    Quiny is your own personal Butler on the BB lol
    06-24-08 11:27 PM
    hello,

i have an OS 4.5 bundle 44 but i dont found the quincy files. i think there are in the package riminternaltools. Can someone give me a link for the riminternaltools ?

txs and regards robby
    06-27-08 07:48 AM
    Thanks a lot for the help!
    06-28-08 10:29 PM
    AUtigers350z
    CrackBerry Abuser
    Device Model: 8310 (Curve)
    Carrier: AT&T/Cingular

Default Removing Quincy, Bug Report and Battery Report
    Since I have just tried this myself and it works, I will post up instructions for those who are interested. Proceed at your own risk! I am not responsible if something messes up on your device!!

- Using Windows explorer, navigate to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/RIMInternalTools-4.5.0.44/Java/

- Cut and paste the following files into a backup folder on your hard drive:

net_rim_batterylog
    net_rim_bugreport
    net_rim_quincy
    net_rim_quincy_ui
    net_rim_quincy_config_std
    net_rim_quincy_reports_new
    net_rim_quincy_speech_icon

- With your device connected, start up Desktop Manager (I'm using v4.6)

- Click on Application Loader and then Add/Remove Applications. This should do a search for updated applications and then list everything installed onto your phone. Click the Finish button at the bottom right. You SHOULD see a screen that shows the following files listed above will be removed from your handheld and then click OK. It will proceed to remove the files and then restart your Berry. VIOLA!
    Has any one tried this?
    10-06-09 11:40 AM
    Those instructions are quite old, now you should just be able to remove quincy from Control Panel on your PC under add/remove programs.
    10-06-09 11:53 AM
    So its either a feedback app, a medical examiner, a town project center, or a town in Massachusetts?

and to top it off it was uninvited? ................... aight, works for me lol.
    10-10-09 09:02 AM
    I don't mind an app that reports stuff- but seriously- it sends me about 20 messages a day in my email box on my phone. It is annoying. This phone was a hand-me-down, and I do not have all of the sofware- any suggestions?
    09-02-10 01:57 PM
    I don't mind an app that reports stuff- but seriously- it sends me about 20 messages a day in my email box on my phone. It is annoying. This phone was a hand-me-down, and I do not have all of the sofware- any suggestions?
    Your hand me down is either a test phone from RIM (highly unlikely) or one that had a leaked OS installed and the installer didn't follow the CB approved installation instructions (must remove quincy prior to install).
    09-02-10 02:09 PM
    Quincy is the codename for OS 7.

Better than gingerbread?
    09-02-10 05:55 PM
    Dang and all this time I thought it was a town along the Mississippi in IL.

quincy il - Google Maps
    09-02-10 06:58 PM
    Dang and all this time I thought it was a town along the Mississippi in IL.

quincy il - Google Maps
    Quincy, IL is RIM's top secret test center.
    09-04-10 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD