Here is a link to a story about BBM on iPhone 4.

BlackBerry Messenger for iPhone available April 26th? | MobileSyrup.com

�RIM had a Social Media conference today in Toronto, and my entire college business and marketing class was invited to the event. RIM�s co-ceo Jim Balsillie revealed that they plan to bring BBM and �other services� to iPhone on April 26 via the app store. Major news networks are expected to pick up on this very soon! Balsillie also revealed that they plan to release an update to the app this summer which will take advantage of a new �notification system�!!!�
    03-29-11 09:16 PM
    Wow. If that is indeed the case this is big news.
    03-29-11 09:32 PM
    Yep I spotted that too, and sent a note to "management."

That would be big news though!
    03-29-11 09:38 PM
    Oh and I think the last part is just referring to BBM6.
    03-29-11 09:39 PM
    Don't hold your breathe.
    03-29-11 09:56 PM
    I would be disappointed if that happend.
    03-29-11 10:16 PM
    bigg22 likes this.
    03-29-11 10:19 PM
    Makes the iphone look more appealing to me, qnx please hurry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-11 11:17 PM
    I dont know RIMs strategy for this.... but this move is def good for the consumer so I support it
    03-30-11 12:39 AM
    bla1ze you are awfully grumpy lately. i think you need some campari
    03-30-11 07:45 AM
    Although it seems that BBM may indeed be coming to Android and Apple, it seems a little sketchy that Balsille would just let it slip out at some random conference. Also the source of the rumor is from some newbie posting on the MacRumors forums.

Would be interesting to see what happens though
    03-30-11 08:13 AM
    BBM on iphone will be sweet... can only help RIM
    03-30-11 08:35 AM
    Does Apple give out dates when they will approve an App for iTunes?

While I think BBM on other platforms will be good for current BlackBerry users... (current contact list have been shrinking). Not sure it will be good for RIM, how many customers do they have that might have bought a BB only for BBM? And now they are free to go to another device...

I rather RIM made their Phones better than to allow other devices access to their Services, not to mention the whole "now we will be able to run Android Apps".
    03-30-11 08:42 AM
    I don't understand how this would benefit rim. How do the make money off it? One time fee for app? Subscription fee?

03-30-11 09:24 AM
    I call BS on this because it was clearly stated in an earlier news story when we first heard about BBM coming to Android and iPhone, that BBM would come to Android first and then later on down the road to iPhone. Well, it's almost April and BBM has not been mentioned as "coming very soon" for Android.
    03-30-11 10:27 AM
    BBM open platform is good for everyone. It's great branding for them and it allows for more people to be able to use such an outstanding chat program. I can't wait for other friends to get it. I hate texting.
    03-30-11 10:33 AM
    bla1ze you are awfully grumpy lately. i think you need some campari
    Tired of waiting for my PlayBook.. and need I say.. I was right on the BS.
    03-30-11 11:13 AM
    Rumor killed:

RIM is not releasing BlackBerry Messenger for iPhone on April 26th | BGR

We knew this story was a hoax when we first saw it, but we reached out to Research In Motion to get an official comment from the company. RIM tells us that rumors that BlackBerry Messenger might launch as an app for Apple’s iPhone on April 26th, is false. “RIM did not hold a conference in Toronto this week, and Jim Balsillie did not speak at any event in Toronto this week.” We’re not saying it isn’t coming at some point in the future, but BlackBerry Messenger is definitely not hitting the App Store on April 26th.
    03-30-11 11:35 AM
    Tired of waiting for my PlayBook.. and need I say.. I was right on the BS.
    i never said you were wrong. just grumpy. tell kevin to hurry up and steal a couple
    03-30-11 12:01 PM
    Well rumor squashed...for that date, yet it seems like it is still eventually coming.

I just don't see how it benefits RIM. Awesome for people on the ropes with a BB now...but I see them losing even more peeps to other platforms. Makes no sense to me.

One day I may get it, lol!

03-30-11 04:16 PM
    i never said you were wrong. just grumpy. tell kevin to hurry up and steal a couple
    Lol.. I wish. He's had his hands on enough of em
    03-30-11 11:48 PM
    .. and need I say.. I was right on the BS.
    Holy snopes, Batman� Weez been hoaxed!

Well now I'm almost out of prophecies. Well not much time left before the world ends next year anyway. (The Mayans and John Cusack told me.)
    03-31-11 06:26 AM
    mmmm i dont no how this is going to work bb in my location at the minute is in a high iphone was last year but if bbm is going to apple i can see the bb phones dying they really have to think this over serious bbs most famous app on another handset :-s
    04-01-11 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD