Wow, I felt like this lady spoke for me in some ways.

Here's the link:

Editorial: RIM seems to be as lost as my BlackBerry -- Engadget
    Last edited by mrlee7; 12-17-10 at 12:04 AM.
    12-15-10 02:43 PM
    I believe that article was written by a woman, but yeah that's how a lot of R.I.M's customers feel.
    mrlee7 likes this.
    12-15-10 02:52 PM
    This post hit the nail on the head for the average, every day consumer that uses BlackBerry, without all the technical jargon usually referred to in assessing the limitations of the platform. I've been holding out for the Storm3, but after that interview, I'm ready to jump ship sooner than later also.
    12-15-10 02:59 PM
    I believe that article was written by a woman, but yeah that's how a lot of R.I.M's customers feel.
    My apologies, lady. Thank you for pointing that out.

Exactly, it's frustrating for is Blackberry faithful, but it's getting harder to be faithful..
    12-15-10 03:04 PM
    This post hit the nail on the head for the average, every day consumer that uses BlackBerry, without all the technical jargon usually referred to in assessing the limitations of the platform. I've been holding out for the Storm3, but after that interview, I'm ready to jump ship sooner than later also.
    I feel the same way as well. Coming from a 7290, Pearl, Curve 8320 and Bold 9000. My Bold 9000 did everything else and nothing more than what my 7290 can do.
    12-15-10 03:06 PM
    My apologies, lady. Thank you for pointing that out.

Exactly, it's frustrating for is Blackberry faithful, but it's getting harder to be faithful..
    WTF, I'm not a woman...The article was written by Joanna Stern...
    mrlee7 likes this.
    12-15-10 03:07 PM
    Yeah I lost my Tour last week on a train in Krakow, and decided to use the $100 Asurion deductible to save my upgrade hoping for a new Blackberry on Sprint in near future. After watching the entire Mike L interview last night I felt like I just wasted $100. Blackberry is content to sell low end phones for 2.5G countries and if you want more in the developed world then buy a Playbook and carry two devices and maybe in a year or longer you can go back to one. So much for all the "in the know" people who post on here saying cool stuff is coming soon. Soon is not a year away.
    12-15-10 03:08 PM
    The editor's post on Engadget pretty much sums of what a good number of loyal Blackberry users feel. We would love to stay (my purchase of the Storm2 as my third phone is evidence enough) but it gets harder and harder to with less optimistic news from RIM itself.
    12-15-10 03:12 PM
    anybody else notice kind of media tipping point happening with rim right now?
    12-15-10 03:17 PM
    A major industry question suddenly became very personal: a year and a half after buying the 8530, was there really no solid smartphone option in the market from RIM?
    Have you ever heard the expression:Osborne Effect?
    In the early days of Personal Computers, one manufacture demonstrated the folly of premature release of upcoming models specifications. The market for existing models dried up overnight.

Does Mike Lazaridis know this? That is a certainty.

12-15-10 03:20 PM
    If people want more can get it elsewhere. Why not switch? Makes sense to me.
    12-15-10 03:21 PM
    What's your point? Often times women, regardless of current positions, will tell it like it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 03:22 PM
    What's your point? Often times women, regardless of current positions, will tell it like it is.
    I think he was just pointing out the OP's reference to the article's author as a 'guy'.
    12-15-10 03:24 PM
    Have you ever heard the expression:Osborne Effect?
    In the early days of Personal Computers, one manufacture demonstrated the folly of premature release of upcoming models specifications. The market for existing models dried up overnight.

Does Mike Lazaridis know this? That is a certainty.

Greed greed and more greed to sell that last little bit of outdated model surplus they have. Lol

K Bear, Slapnpop826 and Price95 like this.

I think he was just correcting the OP when he referred to the blogger as a guy.
    I think he was just pointing out the OP's reference to the article's author as a 'guy'.
    Lol, you're right, I missed that on the super small wap text. Lol

Damn do we need a better browser on these things!

12-15-10 03:26 PM

Put your gloves down, I was correcting the OP...
    12-15-10 03:32 PM
    Greed greed and more greed to sell that last little bit of outdated model surplus they have. Lol

Would you care to give us the specifications of the iPhone 5? Since everyone but RIM is apparently free with their information. Or how about the iPad 2? Surely Steve Jobs has told everyone about it.

12-15-10 03:39 PM
    Pretty simple thought process here. She needed a new device, didn't see a new BlackBerry impressive enough to purchase and nothing new on the horizon so she bought something else. I'm pretty sure I would've done the same thing were I in the market for a new device right now. But for now, I'm content with my 9700 until my contract is up in November 2011. If RIM hasn't stepped up to the plate by then, I'll be shopping around for something better. But in the meantime, I'm getting a playbook to keep me occupied until then...
    makaveli28 likes this.
    12-15-10 03:46 PM

Yeah, what would be the point of making money. They would be crazy to try and sell existing phones and turn a profit.
    12-15-10 03:49 PM
    This article really hits home, however, I am stubborn and still inclined to wait. Yes, I know, probably stupid on my part, but from my perspective I just haven't seen any non-Berries that make me want to make the jump.
    12-15-10 03:52 PM
    And really, Engadget is the blog that spent 9 months saying Windows Phone 7 was going to be the greatest thing ever. The sales were so great that Microsoft refuses to talk about them. So I question their ability to gauge the future of products.

Phones are consumer items, you find the one that suits you. If you don't like the BB then move on instead of this constant moaning as if they have you held captive.

blazed12 and JRZLocal like this.
    12-15-10 03:54 PM
    meh, the article is pretty flawed. same thing you hear from people whining here.

if anyone can tell me what their iphone 4 can do that my torch can't, and something i actually care about doing on a phone, i'll listen.
    12-15-10 03:54 PM
    I think we all fall victim to waiting for a cross between the reliability and quality of Blackberry and the high-end, performance features of Android and iOS phones. Which of course, if any one company could perform, I'd also buy the bridge they were selling as well.
    12-15-10 03:55 PM
    All what Mike said in that interview is that the only way we'll see QNX on blackberry phones is when the phones themselves are equipped with dual core processors.

In the mean time they will continue to release sub par phones running OS6.0. But the future does look bright, when? I would speculate late 2011.
    12-15-10 04:21 PM
214 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD