View Poll Results: Did this post help you solve your Bluetooth Blackberry Windows 7 problems?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - I solved my Bluetooth Blackberry Windows 7 problems

115 67.65%
  • NO- - I still have issues with my Blackberry and Windows 7

55 32.35%
    I take that back I found where the virtual port was located and it works flawlessly. Thanks a million
    Do you have 32 or 64-bit Win 7 Pro?
    11-15-09 05:31 PM
    Fixed my driver issue perfectly. I had three missing drivers instead of two and it still worked.

Thank you!
    12-01-09 05:46 PM
    Worked Great on 32 bit Win 7 pro.

Thanks for sharing this
    12-05-09 11:01 PM
    Works great for me. Thanks!
    Windows 7 64 bit - curve 8330 - Broadcom 2046 dongle ( bcm90246dg-cl1rom )
    Last edited by sluckxz; 12-09-09 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added dongle
    12-09-09 10:22 PM
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! i searched far and wide for this solution and this worked beautifully!
    12-12-09 01:21 PM
    Joining the grateful masses in appreciating this fix!
    Worked for me using Bold, 4.6, Win 7 32 bit.
    12-13-09 03:37 PM
    Installed the extra two ports but couldnt get the bb to sync. I have an ericsson f3507g broadband minicard gps port in com 5 and f3507g mobile broadband control device in com 4 though............perhaps this could be the issue??
    12-19-09 02:55 AM
    When I right-click the drivers, it won't let me click "Update driver" for some reason. It's not highlighted... This is perplexing me as it means I have no other method for finding the drivers.
    Any help, please?
    12-19-09 08:48 PM
    Many (including me) were stumped by the appearance of two bluetooth devices missing drivers in Windows 7 64-bit build 7100 following the installation of Blackberry Desktop Manager Software version 4.6 or higher.

These exclamation ! marked bluetooth peripheral devices are merely two more ports that Windows 7 can't find the drivers for (there should be FOUR total after you follow my suggestions).

Lucky for YOU, these port drivers are already present on your system (assuming you installed RIM Blackberry Desktop Manager software 4.6 or higher).

The 'trick' is to manually load the extra two PORTS by choosing from a list of drivers.

Find the 2 problem drivers-missing entries in your Bluetooth devices list, right click on the first one, choose UPDATE DRIVER SOFTWARE. Then choose Browse My Computer, then Let Me Pick From a List of Device Drivers. Scroll down till you see PORTS, then choose Rim Virtual Serial Port v2 and click Apply.

You'll get a warning message from windows 7, ignore this choose OK or apply and load the driver. It will report the device is set up correctly.

REPEAT this process 1 more time for the 2nd problem child bluetooth device that is missing the driver.

Then pair up your Blackberry with your laptop. Don't forget to REMOVE your laptop or PC from the blackberry list of paired bluetooth devices and then pair it all over again now that you've fixed the drivers on the pc/laptop side of things in Windows 7 by adding those two ports that were missing (assuming you're upgrading to Windows 7 and having problems where you can't sync with Outlook and your Blackberry using BLUETOOTH.

Once you've paired your Blackberry successfully, you'll need to configure Bluetooth in your connections options in Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.6 or higher.

You can then forget about plugging in the USB micro-cable and happily SYNC it with your bluetooth

Worked like a charm for me 7/8/2009.

*** Important: Windows 7 now includes the ability to fully back up your entire machine to an external device like a Western Digital MyBook. In addition you can create a recovery boot cd with Windows 7. In the event of total meltdown, those who do backups before tweaking their system can revert to the known good system image and are joyful!

Advice given is without warranty and end user assumes all risks of use thereof. No copyright is given or inferred to others. Author retains rights to this post. ***

CREDIT for this solution is given to AT&T Laptop Support - Level 2 (United States). I never would have found this and prowled the web like crazy to no avail. AT&T Laptop Support is normally $2 a minute but I was able to be transferred to them from the level 1 support "Internally". Nice going AT&T.
    How do i resync i delete the PC from my phone when i try again it fails could you explain how to do it again please.
    12-21-09 01:40 AM
    This doesn't work for me for Win 7 Ultimate x64 with 9700 bold and DM 5.0.1 i keep getting unknown device and when i search for driver i see "bluetooth device (personal area network)"

I've also manually added the ports to no avail, I have 4 but this is just not working.
    12-23-09 10:56 PM
    I'm so happy I found the result when i searched on google for a solution for this issue. I thank you deeply rsm2009
    01-14-10 02:28 AM
    Hi RSM2009,
    I have had the same problem with my new 9700 and can't follow your advice as its a bit complicated for me. I was wondering if you could let me know in words of 2 syllables or less???
    01-17-10 06:38 AM
    thanks so much... this worked like a charm for me... windows 7, 64 bit, blackberry storm.
    01-18-10 11:15 PM
    I was excited to find this as it perfectly describes my problem and I haven't found anything from RIM support. Unfortunately, I tried this as well as using the Microsoft driver for the ports in question as suggested elsewhere in this chain, but nothing works. When I try to sync it just hangs on Processing Device Calendar, and then eventually an error comes up that the operation terminated unexpectedly. DM v5.0.1, win 7, 64-bit, Tour 9630. This used to work fine on my old laptop with 32-bit XP, but it isn't working at all on the new one.
    01-21-10 12:01 PM
    This worked for me. I wondered if I should be concerned that the baud rate is set to 9600 for these devices. I went on and set it to 128000.

I am connected via Blutetooth to VZAccess Manager surfing the internet. I performed a speed test on DSLReports.com and it reported: Download / Upload speeds of 1115 Kb/s by 594 Kb/s. (VZAcess Manager reported Max RX/TX of 1818 by 1076). This is like it should be!

Thanks for the tip.
    01-23-10 05:52 PM
    This works for my 8900 to connect and get rid of conflict, however:

1) Syncing contacts/calendar creates an error: 0x80040fb3; I read this is due to having a picture attached to a contact. (hello programmers get with it here)

2) File Transfer not possible

3) Audio use not possible

4) If I un-pair laptop/BB and re-pair it same issue occurs, have to reload drivers again but same above issues regardless.

5) Even after a clean wipe and fresh install of 7 all this occurs.

When I had vista (even 64-bit edition) I did not have this issue. Everything worked like a charm after pairing no issues(to my amazement... vista).

I did find a solution but it required money, which I feel I have spent enough where all this should work without any further manipulation. It seemed that solution disabled native Bluetooth and used their program for all Bluetooth connectivity/configuration. I didn't like that.

TMobile / RIMs answer: Talk to HP or Microsoft
    HPs answer: Talk to RIM or Microsoft
    Microsofts answer: pay us $35 and we still won't solve your issue because it isn't our issue to begin with. (As usual)

I have been dealing with this for 3 months now since my switch to 7.

On and on it goes, hopefully soon something will be done about this, then again if there are not enough people having the issue and RIM / PC manufacturers acknowledging it, I foresee not a damn thing being done for quite some time as usual.

I didn't want anyone to think after doing this and having the same issues I am having was because they did something wrong.

If I had the time and money to picket RIM and HP on this issue alone surely I would.

Bottom Line Get with it all of you, don't put out products that do not perform as advertised
    01-23-10 06:56 PM
    Thank You So Much rsm2009!! I have been struggling with this issue for months now, even spending hours on the phone with Verizon support, RIM support, and Dell support to no avail. Your solution worked wonderfully and now I can wirelessly sync my Blackberry 9630 using Desktop Manager 5.0!

The only problem I encountered was after updating the driver software in my device manager. I deleted my computer from my blackberry's list of paired bluetooth devices but when I tried to re-pair using my phone, my computer showed up in my phone as a connection option but my phone gave me a "could not connect" (to my computer) message after asking me for my passkey (repeatedly).

What worked for me was to access my "Bluetooth Devices" by double-clicking the bluetooth icon in my taskbar, right-clicking the icon for my blackberry 9630 and selecting "Remove." Then I clicked the button to "Add a Wireless Device" within the same bluetooth devices window, followed the wizard, and re-paired my blackberry. Then I had to follow your instructions to update the driver software again and use the Configure Bluetooth wizard in Blackberry Desktop Manager (Options:Connection Options:Configure Bluetooth) to re-pair my blackberry with my computer. The pairing was successful after doing this and I can now sync wirelessly again! I hope this helps those who had the same trouble!
    01-25-10 07:13 PM
    So I had this working before, but I reinstalled windows and now when I go to install the RIM virtual serial port there is no listing for the driver. Any ideas as to why this would be?

Thanks
    01-27-10 11:09 PM
    I ordered a new dongle compatible with 7... The old one only works with XP, and I dont know for vista.
    01-27-10 11:26 PM
    WOOT! Nice work!
    02-02-10 08:42 PM
    Thank you.

Got my Win7 32bit laptop to sync via bluetooth... this should reduce the amount of microUSB action on my BB 9700
    02-03-10 02:47 AM
    got it working, thanks

any idea how to get media play through my laptop?
    02-03-10 03:33 AM
    Thanks. Nice work. Much appreciated. Worked like a charm.
    02-05-10 11:08 AM
    Acer 6592G, Vista Ultimale Business 32 b version, Bluetooth, Vodafone bold 9700:
    Followed steps above closely.
    able to get the two extra bluetooth peripherals: They showed als "other devices"in the list of devices. Then as layed out above, i followed the manual installation. Com port addtions now show in the list:
    RIM virtual Serial port v2 ( com14) driver 2.2.0.3 version
    RIM virtual Serial port v2 ( com15)
    RIM virtual Serial port v2 ( com23)
    RIM virtual Serial port v2 ( com24)

The phone is connected again by making the switch on properties bluetooth ; and selected "Bluetooth devices can find this computer". Then it showed up in the BB device and I was able to reconnect.
    I did a full restart, and started with high expectations the DM, version 5.0.1.028;
    desktop version components:
    bbdevice manager 5.0.1.11
    BBDevMgr 4.1.0.12
    rim usb driver 4.1.0.4
    rim serial usb driver 2.2.0.3

The dm option for bluetooth still greyed out. I cannot select is at all.
    what's next
    ?

I do not knwow if this is all correct:
    in list of devices on PC
    Bluetoothradios:
    Broadcom Bluetooth EDR USB dongle driver version 5.1.2535.0
    Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator driver version 6.16002.18005

Who can help me further?
    Last edited by BBELM; 02-11-10 at 08:48 AM. Reason: BLUETOOTH Driver Fix Windows 7 64-bit and Blackberry DTM
    02-11-10 08:42 AM
    I just cannot get rid of the greyed out DTM problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acer 6592G, Vista Ultimale Business 32 b version, Bluetooth, Vodafone bold 9700:
    Followed steps above closely.
    able to get the two extra bluetooth peripherals: They showed als "other devices"in the list of devices. Then as layed out above, i followed the manual installation. Com port addtions now show in the list:
    RIM virtual Serial port v2 ( com14) driver 2.2.0.3 version
    RIM virtual Serial port v2 ( com15)
    RIM virtual Serial port v2 ( com23)
    RIM virtual Serial port v2 ( com24)

The phone is connected again by making the switch on properties bluetooth ; and selected "Bluetooth devices can find this computer". Then it showed up in the BB device and I was able to reconnect.
    I did a full restart, and started with high expectations the DM, version 5.0.1.028;
    desktop version components:
    bbdevice manager 5.0.1.11
    BBDevMgr 4.1.0.12
    rim usb driver 4.1.0.4
    rim serial usb driver 2.2.0.3

The dm option for bluetooth still greyed out. I cannot select is at all.
    what's next
    ?

I do not knwow if this is all correct:
    in list of devices on PC
    Bluetoothradios:
    Broadcom Bluetooth EDR USB dongle driver version 5.1.2535.0
    Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator driver version 6.16002.18005

Who can help me further?
    02-11-10 08:45 AM
109 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD