bloomberg just reported that rim will have a tablet comming in november with a 9 inch screen
    07-30-10 09:05 AM
    As long as people don't call it the I pad killer lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 09:44 AM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1 I was going to say the same thing!
    07-30-10 09:57 AM
    Yeah and as long as they don't call it the blackpad either lol.
    07-30-10 10:34 AM
    they say alot of stuff. dont forget we are still waiting for the verizon iphone.........
    07-30-10 10:39 AM
    they say alot of stuff. dont forget we are still waiting for the verizon iphone.........
    I don't see Apple selling to BigRed, one of the 2 front runners in Android phones.... yea....
    07-30-10 01:12 PM
    Well everyone who was hoping the name wasn't blackpad better hope engadget is wrong

RIM's 9.7-inch Blackpad rumored for November launch -- yes, Blackpad -- Engadget

Ok so now let the jokes begin. All the iPad jokes because of 'Pad' as in maxi pad and now blackpad...
    07-30-10 01:23 PM
    Hopefully this will be a good device. Gotta see what the OS is like. I'm curious as to seeing how many people get/want this that said the iPad was a useless device especially if you have a laptop and smartphone. I do get that the iPad is pricey but obviously, it's a different type of device than a netbook or laptop and so many people just dismissed the idea of a tablet device. So I wonder how many are jumping back on and with the fact that Android tablets will hit soon.

I'm guessing that were only useless because Apple made it but when RIM makes one and there is an Android powered one, it's a must have device hmmmmmm.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 07-30-10 at 04:14 PM.
    07-30-10 01:26 PM
    Anytime I see the name Ashok Kumar I doubt the accuracy of the information.
    07-30-10 01:27 PM
    I'm quite interested in seeing what RIM makes of this device. What exactly is a "companion device" supposed to be? Who the heck wants a giant screen to read their emails or to view files on? If that's part of its offering, fine, but if its basically just a bigger touch-keyboard and a screen for viewing whats already on my BB or entering text into it I'll pass and I'm sure many many others will too.
    07-30-10 01:30 PM
    07-30-10 02:12 PM
    I am curious how it will interact with my existing BlackBerry data plan. Is there a way to leverage it such that I don't need to buy another monthly data plan? I hope so!
    07-30-10 02:37 PM
    I am curious how it will interact with my existing BlackBerry data plan. Is there a way to leverage it such that I don't need to buy another monthly data plan? I hope so!
    Eek. I've never thought I that. I would suppose that you could tether it to your Blackberry and have data access that way... VZW et.al. will still probably charge you the additional $$ for tethering access though. Grr..
    07-30-10 02:45 PM
    Maybe it's just me, but the lack of 3G seems a bit shortsighted on RIM's part.
    That's coming next year with the BlackPad(a) Refresh!
    07-30-10 03:03 PM
    IF the web kit browser is > than Android's browser i'll just tether it via my Magic.
    07-30-10 03:04 PM
    I'm curious how RIM plans to distribute this product. Their normal distribution channel is the wireless carriers. I wonder if they have deals lined up with Best Buy and Wal-Mart and stuff.
    07-30-10 03:11 PM
    I'm curious how RIM plans to distribute this product. Their normal distribution channel is the wireless carriers. I wonder if they have deals lined up with Best Buy and Wal-Mart and stuff.
    It will be an interesting move for them!
    07-30-10 05:09 PM
    That's coming next year with the BlackPad(a) Refresh!
    Will that be the Blackpad80 with double the memory to run the 6.1 OS that the first gen won't support because they put in just enough memory to make 6.0 work on it?
    07-30-10 06:50 PM
    Applications are the key for a iPad or Blackpad...

I have seen a number of professionals using iPads, from doctors reviewing a patient's charts in the exam room, sales representatives in small retail outlets showing customers additional merchandise that can be custom ordered.

While I don't see the average person needing (of course lots of people buy things they don't need) one of these... I do see a growing market for them.

Just not sure that RIM has the OS or the Applications that are needed for this type device.
    07-30-10 08:10 PM
    Applications are the key for a iPad or Blackpad...

Just not sure that RIM has the OS or the Applications that are needed for this type device.
    Agreed. The latest stats were really disturbing for RIM. Around 6K apps for the BB platform vs. 225,000 for the iPhone/iPad. That's more than an order of magnitude more, and despite executives' (questionable) refrain about the quality of apps, that's a very bad sign.
    07-30-10 08:22 PM
    I don't see Apple selling to BigRed, one of the 2 front runners in Android phones.... yea....
    Apple and AT&T have had their difficulties.. besides, Verizon knows that taking in the iPhone will not only draw a lot of new customers, but it will also hurt AT&T tremendously. They might just take in the iPhone to hurt AT&T.
    07-30-10 08:22 PM
    Agreed. The latest stats were really disturbing for RIM. Around 6K apps for the BB platform vs. 225,000 for the iPhone/iPad. That's more than an order of magnitude more, and despite executives' (questionable) refrain about the quality of apps, that's a very bad sign.
    That's being rather generous for the BB platform, considering several of the applications perform the same actions, and BBs can only download a certain amount of applications before application memory zeros out :P
    07-30-10 08:25 PM
    Really how of the apps perform the same action for the iphone how many
    07-30-10 08:35 PM
    All these analyst and reporters are nuts they really don't know what there talking about wow for example on fastmoney one of the analyst said rim is releasing there "ipad killer" on tuesday! Really what are these people smoking
    07-30-10 08:39 PM
    Really how of the apps perform the same action for the iphone how many
    Which has a larger problem with this? The App(le) Store or the App world?
    07-30-10 08:43 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD