Via BerryReview
    Pictures of a BlackBerry 9790? What is This Device? - BerryReview

Our friends from RealityMirror.me sent us some pictures of a BlackBerry 9790 which really has me scratching my head. According to the tipster this device is significantly faster and thinner than the current BlackBerry Bold 97XX series devices. It looks like it might simply be an upgrade to the BlackBerry Bold 9780 but that makes me wonder where the BlackBerry Bold 9900 stands. This is definitely not a 9900 though it could possibly be a prototype device but it looks like a revamped 9780.

So far we know this:
    8 GB internal memory
    OS 7
    QWERTY / QWERTZ Keyboard
    Touch Screen
    NFC

Hopefully we will know more soon!
    05-31-11 09:03 AM
    Wow. Another new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-11 09:27 AM
    i probably read that one minute after you. looks like a 9780 but they say its thinner and faster whis is awesome!
    05-31-11 09:29 AM
    Aw man, just when I thought my decision was final on the torch 2.
    05-31-11 09:50 AM
    How many leaked devices is that now, Can we launch one.
    My Mom's best friends sister said that RIM has a surprise in store for us this year. Maybe this is it..
    05-31-11 10:02 AM
    I wish RIM could get anything out the door.

I think they must be working on the new larger PlayBook
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-31-11 at 10:22 AM.
    05-31-11 10:06 AM
    Faster, thiner, sexier. their is a market for this somewhere, perhaps not North America. I'm getting very confused witch way RIM is going right now? I'M hoping that the reason the new phones are taking so long is for added hardware. FFC!!
    05-31-11 10:13 AM
    I think the question most are going to ask is "with the 99xx series coming, WHY?". Hmmm, I kinda get it. Some people love the 97xx series form factor (remember 99xx is going back to the original BOLD size.) and if you can skip the touchscreen and get a sig. lower pricepoint it may have some space in the market (especially int'l market). I suppose they HAD to raise the specs to stay competitive and run OS7. **** why not? Just dont make a cagillion of em.
    05-31-11 11:32 AM
    They posted in the CB Blog how they figured this device was scrapped.
    05-31-11 11:58 AM
    I think the question most are going to ask is "with the 99xx series coming, WHY?". Hmmm, I kinda get it. Some people love the 97xx series form factor (remember 99xx is going back to the original BOLD size.) and if you can skip the touchscreen and get a sig. lower pricepoint it may have some space in the market (especially int'l market). I suppose they HAD to raise the specs to stay competitive and run OS7. **** why not? Just dont make a cagillion of em.
    Why are you assuming this won't have a touchscreen or that it is going to be significantly cheaper, this model is going to slot into the middle of the qwerty range between the bold 9900 and the apollo if a carrier focus was on qwerty devices.

The odds are that not all carriers will have room for this in their range and it will be specifically targeted for countries where the 9700/9780 were a particular success.

One other consideration is that the main os7 devices are coming out in the summer, so this one might be intended to freshen up their range during the holiday season.
    05-31-11 12:12 PM
    RIM, the more devices, the more market share ... not true

05-31-11 12:32 PM
    Think globally, and profit margins...

The world is a big place, not all demographics have large hands and fingers, think about all the high school girls in Indonesia, for example, also more importantly, this phone will be cheaper and easier to manufacture than Bold Touch 99xx for RIM, which stuck a 600 MHz processor and low res screen to the Torch to maximize profits and battery life.
    05-31-11 01:50 PM
    This device would definatley make a few sales. The shape of the onyx series is just so beautiful and compact
    05-31-11 03:47 PM
    This device would definatley make a few sales. The shape of the onyx series is just so beautiful and compact
    I think any new BB at this point would make a few sales.
    05-31-11 03:49 PM
    Nothing wrong with covering multiple consumer levels. However, people are starting to really getting past the point of settling for the endless striptease, RIM, either put out or GTFO! The 2 A's are hwhuppin' your overly padded arses.

(at least in NA)

05-31-11 04:17 PM
    RIM, shut up and deliver!

Sorry, I had to say this :-).
    05-31-11 06:25 PM
    This is exactly what I'm looking for. I love the look and feel of the 9700 and I will definitely splash out the cash to get my hands on this unit.

The Bold 9000 has never really been my cup of tea... And the 9900 really doesn't appeal to me. I would rather get a 9780 instead.
    05-31-11 06:27 PM
    RIM, shut up and deliver!

Sorry, I had to say this :-).
    It's accurate, though. Would be nice to get some firm release dates at some point.
    05-31-11 06:44 PM
    the 9790 should be moved to upcoming blackberry devices portion on this site.
    anyways its always good to have choices. this what rim knows first hand. different customers different tastes.so more new blackberries, the more the merrier.
    05-31-11 11:16 PM
    mmm... i don't know. i have a feeling this device will never come to be.
    05-31-11 11:19 PM
    No release date means it is not close enough to release to announce a date.

Surely some of you have been around these RIM forums to know how this works.

All of this is a "dog and pony show".

You can start getting more excited in August for delivery in August or September. No ranting or raving will get it here any sooner.

You are just torturing yourself!
    06-01-11 06:20 AM
    No release date means it is not close enough to release to announce a date.
    It would just be nice to have a release date on any of their upcoming phones...
    eduardo53 likes this.
    06-01-11 07:30 AM
    Its darkest before the dawn, once the launch dates start they should keep coming....
    06-01-11 11:16 AM
    Yeah, for a company that touts it's superior communication devices, RIM sure doesn't communicate a whole lot to the public. Ever.
    06-01-11 11:57 AM
    It's accurate, though. Would be nice to get some firm release dates at some point.
    T-Mobile and I think ATT, have both posted roadmaps with Blackberries. CB even blogged them...

06-01-11 01:48 PM
119 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD