I have noticed that when I send an email from my computer it sometimes finds its way on my 8900 as sent. This has started after the 2.8 upgrade last weekend. I also get some 2 way sync that works like Yahoo mail does.

I had 2way sync for a few days in the summer and then it went away. Does anyone know if google plans to offer true 2 way sync in the near future? Maybe it is a test.
    10-05-09 01:57 PM
    Edit: Please see post #6
    Last edited by fabuloso; 10-05-09 at 03:08 PM.
    10-05-09 02:17 PM
    It has never worked for with gmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 02:19 PM
    I added a link above.
    10-05-09 02:51 PM
    That's a different screen than what I get. Do you get true 2 way sync with gmail? It works the same as Yahoo mail?

Are you still on AT&T? I do not have BIS 2.8 according to the link you provided. Did you have to resend your service books? Are you using the enhanced plug in?
    Last edited by Symp EL; 10-05-09 at 03:09 PM.
    10-05-09 03:01 PM
    I just noticed that its not even enabled. It should be the same icon, but with a "Contacts" label. Damn it! Damn it all!

The contact sync option needs OS 5.0+ anyways which is not even officially released. I am guessing that is why I don’t see the option on my AT&T BIS.
    10-05-09 03:05 PM
    I don't need the other features since Google Sync works fine for contacts and the calendar. I can't wait for 2 way sync for mail.
    10-05-09 03:20 PM
    I have been running some Gmail BB email tests on my own.

Read on Gmail still does NOT read on BB.
    Delete on Gmail will delete faster on BB now. It used to be a long time, like overnight, now it about 1-2 hours.
    10-05-09 03:24 PM
    I was reading through the BIS findings. We wont have it yet, but your BB should be set up like so:

Note: Depending on your messaging service plan, this feature might not be supported.

By default, wireless data synchronization is turned on for organizer data, such as contacts, on your BlackBerry� device. If wireless data synchronization is turned off on your device, you must turn on wireless data synchonization before you try to synchronize your Google Mail™ contacts.

For more information about synchronization, click the Help icon on the Home screen of your device.

1. On the Home screen of your device, click the Contacts icon.
    2. Press the Menu key.
    3. Click Options.
    4. Click your Google Mail email address.
    5. Change the Wireless Synchronization field to Yes.
    6. Press the Menu key.
    7. Click Save.
    This also go in conjunction with your BIS settings having the Sync Contacts box checked as well. Hopefully, it should be ready soon enough. I'm running 5.0.0.238 and have nothing.
    Last edited by fabuloso; 10-05-09 at 03:30 PM.
    10-05-09 03:26 PM
    Where did you get that screen shot you had posted? Is that from your phone? If so, it makes me think 2 way sync will be available for Gmail on 5.0 only.
    10-05-09 04:03 PM
    Yeah that was a screenshot from what the Bold OS 5.0.0.238 (my phone is running it), but its still NOT available. Waiting on the carrier to get it up and running.

10-05-09 04:57 PM
    two way sync works for me, it just takes awhile to update from computer to device...vs from device to computer...which happens rather fast
    10-11-09 04:26 PM
    Can you archive on gmail.com and have it removed from your BB?

10-11-09 04:27 PM
    give it a try and see how it goes...idk what "archiving" does, don't use that feature...
    10-11-09 04:28 PM
    It doesn't wortk for me. I was curius if it worked for you. Deleting doesn't work two way for me either.

10-11-09 04:29 PM
    This will definitely be a fantastic feature when it's up and running the way it should be!
    10-11-09 04:30 PM
    it works. just give it awhile...send yourself an email to gmail, and delete it from a computer, and check back after awhile...i waited like 30 mins...it's definately gonna take longer than the 15 min polling period...

there isn't much about the technical aspect of how it's supposed to work that i can find...RIM is awesome at posting documents about features and services that provide absolutely zero information about said feature or service.

you win again, RIM...damn you!
    10-11-09 04:39 PM
    I don't think Gmail will ever work correctly on BB or any other email clients. Gmail is a very advance and foward-thinking system. It doesn't follow the traditional email system, therefore it doesn't play well with others.

If you go to Gamil mobile site, it states BlackBerry is NOT fully supported.
    10-11-09 04:40 PM
    i think that it WILL work...but not because gmail changes...but that RIM adapts their services to support gmail....

they already have the enhanced gmail plugin, and that's only part of it...enable the sync capabilities, and improve the end user function from the device, maybe throw some color on that piece...and you have yourself an awesome BES-esque experience...
    10-11-09 04:43 PM
    You have more faith than I do.

Read on Gmail still doesn't Read on BB. Star and labels apply at the Gmail side won't sync to BB even with the Plugin.
    10-11-09 04:47 PM
    Whay polling period are you talking about? GMail pushes instantly for me.

I think it will be RIM who adapts to GMail. If neithr get it going before Yahoo has OTA sync for contacts and calendar I am switching.

10-11-09 04:47 PM
    Whay polling period are you talking about? GMail pushes instantly for me.

I think it will be RIM who adapts to GMail. If neithr get it going before Yahoo has OTA sync for contacts and calendar I am switching.

I am not talking about pushing. I am talking about archiving or applying star and labels on the Gmail side doesn't do that the same on the BB side. At least that's my BB sync.

I like my Gmail too much to swtich to Yahoo. I would give up my BB instead. Besides I am waiting for the invitation to Google Wave.
    Last edited by leskchan; 10-11-09 at 04:59 PM.
    10-11-09 04:53 PM
    I am not talking about pushing. I am talking about archiving or applying star and labels on the Gmail side doesn't do that the same on the BB side. At least that's my BB sync.

I like my Gmail too much to swtich to Yahoo. I would give up my BB instead. Beasides I am waiting for the invitation to Google Wave.
    my push comment was directed at patches152.

How do you anticipate Google Wave working with BB?
    10-11-09 04:59 PM
    I don't think Google Wave will work on BB as a native service. It's a very interactive tool. It will take a Google Wave app, like the Gmail app.
    10-11-09 05:04 PM
    well two way sync worked on my yahoo before my gmail...

i used yahoo to email my gmail...read gmail message from PC, and replied to yahoo, read from PC...read reply, and it shows read on my device

again

yahoo>gmail: read from PC (still unread on device)
    used gmail to reply to yahoo
    gmail>yahoo: read from PC (marked as read almost immediately on device)

i believe that the gmail two way sync will start to work properly whenever they enable the contacts sync as well...i think the two have something to do with one another...

but i doubt that the contact sync will work until VZW releases a 5.0 OS, i believe that OS 5.0 is required for google sync to work properly (the service, not the downloadable application)

RE: POLLING QUESTION

BIS works on a 15 min polling period...some email accounts who have "endorsed" service from RIM work faster...but the polling period is still there

you'll notice it one day when you get like 8 emails dumped on you at one time, it happens occasionally, but only when it's busy...
    10-11-09 05:06 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD