If u want an iphone then why are u on here? This is a blackberry site... Go to att and get one. I don't think anyone cares how much u REALLY REALLY want the iphone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Have you thought about the fact that he doesn't want to get the lousy AT&T network? That is a good reason not to get an iPhone. (Same reason I don't have an iPhone)
    05-27-09 01:52 AM
    Have you thought about the fact that he doesn't want to get the lousy AT&T network? That is a good reason not to get an iPhone. (Same reason I don't have an iPhone)
    I like your reason
    05-28-09 07:16 AM
    I'm amazed that everyone seems to think a switch will be thrown, and Verizon's CDMA Network is going to magically be all LTE and no more CDMA will ever be made or sold. The network will be rolled out in parallel and the CDMA stuff isn't going anywhere for a long time. AT&T is still running two networks (GSM/EDGE and UMTS) and will be for a long time too.

It would make a lot of sense for Apple to end its exclusive contract with AT&T and sell phones to all carriers. AT&T needs the iPhone, the iPhone doesn't need AT&T. Apple would be crazy to limit potential sales to only one user base and not try to go with all carriers like RIM and other manufacturers do.
    05-28-09 10:32 AM
    Yawn... still not an option for me because I absolutely gotta have, crave, NEED... that BES server. It's the most secure out there, my employer will have it no other way. Gotta remember people - Blackberry = Function. IPhone = Looks. That's why the Storm is so messed up, because sometimes it's really just too hard to combine the two.
    05-28-09 02:59 PM
    I'll take AT&T over Verizon ANY day. It is all about location. I can say Verizon sucks too. Yes they have the best coverage, but in my area, they suck. AT&Ts network is not lousy, it may not be good for everyone, but it is far from lousy. I can't believe almost every thread made on this forum has Verizon people always having to say something bad about AT&T. Give it a damn rest already.
    05-28-09 04:36 PM
    I'll take AT&T over Verizon ANY day. It is all about location. I can say Verizon sucks too. Yes they have the best coverage, but in my area, they suck. AT&Ts network is not lousy, it may not be good for everyone, but it is far from lousy. I can't believe almost every thread made on this forum has Verizon people always having to say something bad about AT&T. Give it a damn rest already.
    +1

I live in Southern California.. not Timbuktu like some people it appears.., and get close to full 3G HSDPA signal pretty much everywhere I go.. Their network works great for me, not a single dropped call, and 3G.. and voice/data simultaneously is THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!

05-28-09 04:42 PM
    People coverage is all relatove to where you live. For me in central jersey att has better coverage is the places I use it. And the data netwirk is way faster. I've had verizon for 5 years and I feel freed by att. No more verizon lockdown on phones they are as bad as apple.

05-28-09 08:43 PM
    i seriously doubt that apple would go to verizon...AT&T rep told me that the reason that apple chose AT&T is that it uses GSM unlike verizon and would stand to make more money worldwide with them than and any other U.S. carrier....BUT, maybe he was wrong...these things do happen you know
    05-29-09 11:01 AM
    i seriously doubt that apple would go to verizon...AT&T rep told me that the reason that apple chose AT&T is that it uses GSM unlike verizon and would stand to make more money worldwide with them than and any other U.S. carrier....BUT, maybe he was wrong...these things do happen you know
    Yea, see, I doubt that. Because why would Apple go to Verizon first knowingly that they use CDMA technology? I seriously hate how Verizon's risk assement told them NOT to take the phone, even after looking at the terms and conditions that Apple wanted.
    05-29-09 11:17 AM
    get over your bias, Verizon seems to have the largest coverage map in the U.S. but does NOT have good coverage everywhere....about 7 million people disagree with your statement....it all about location location location...not to mention AT&T has the largest coverage area world wide for those of us that like to travel without having to question if our phones will still work, thank you that is all
    05-29-09 11:36 AM
    From what I understand when LTE rolls out, phones will start to be interchanagable on all networks, as they currently are on the GSM side of things. So your LTE Iphone 4G??? (Iphone LTE, or whatever they call it) will work on whatever LTE carrier you want to use.
    05-29-09 12:07 PM
    Nothing is confirmed but here's what we know...

-Verizon has confirmed that Lowell has met with Jobs.
    -Iphone was slated as CDMA in initial development
    -Apple has CDMA engineers on staff (wimax too for that matter)
    -The upcomming apple tablet will have broadband, but AT&T isn't talking about it.
    -LTE chipsets for handsets won't be ready for mass use until 2011
    -Has AT&T hit a wall with it's customer base, yes.
    - CDMA is a dead technology according to apple, but not for another couple of years, lots of money to be made in the mean time.

It's just business. Either way I'm getting a tour this year.
    How do you figure (iPhone), AT&T has 80+ million subscribers in the US. So you are saying their are 80+million iPhone users in the US? NOT. AT&T is rolling out 3G HSDPA + 7.2Mb this year to help with the increased bandwidth. Apple hasn't even scratched the surface with it's main target, AT&T subscribers.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 05-29-09 at 12:15 PM.
    05-29-09 12:10 PM
    Nothing is confirmed but here's what we know...

-Verizon has confirmed that Lowell has met with Jobs.
    -Iphone was slated as CDMA in initial development
    -Apple has CDMA engineers on staff (wimax too for that matter)
    -The upcomming apple tablet will have broadband, but AT&T isn't talking about it.
    -LTE chipsets for handsets won't be ready for mass use until 2011
    -Has AT&T hit a wall with it's customer base, yes.
    - CDMA is a dead technology according to apple, but not for another couple of years, lots of money to be made in the mean time.

It's just business. Either way I'm getting a tour this year.
    This is where I'm confused. How has AT&T hit a wall?
    05-29-09 12:14 PM
    VZW sucks in my area to.. so to each his own.
    05-29-09 12:14 PM
    Yea, see, I doubt that. Because why would Apple go to Verizon first knowingly that they use CDMA technology? I seriously hate how Verizon's risk assement told them NOT to take the phone, even after looking at the terms and conditions that Apple wanted.
    This is not true. Apple was in talks with ATT (Cingular at the time) and as they were mulling the idea over, Steve Jobs decided to approach VZW as well. That avenue didn't work out because VZW didn't want to give up the control they typically have over a manufacturer.

And yeah, ATT has better service in my area too. Quit being such fanboys.
    05-29-09 12:16 PM
    From what I understand when LTE rolls out, phones will start to be interchanagable on all networks, as they currently are on the GSM side of things. So your LTE Iphone 4G??? (Iphone LTE, or whatever they call it) will work on whatever LTE carrier you want to use.
    You sir are correct.
    05-29-09 12:17 PM
    Okay I work for Verizon and I must say I am sick of people asking when the IPhone is coming to Verizon... first of all if we did take on the IPhone it would need a sh!t ton of work to meet our standards.... (Hello you can't even send picture messages with the iphone???) And maybe we will get it maybe we wont... If the only reason you want the iphone is for the apps... ummm hello.... check out BB App world... and if you want your "Itunes" install your BB Desktop manager... there is a function that does that too... GET OVER THE IPHONE ppl look to the future!
    06-01-09 12:39 PM
    get over your bias, Verizon seems to have the largest coverage map in the U.S. but does NOT have good coverage everywhere....about 7 million people disagree with your statement....it all about location location location...not to mention AT&T has the largest coverage area world wide for those of us that like to travel without having to question if our phones will still work, thank you that is all

AT&T has crap coverage... I have no idea where you are getting your knowlege.... Verizon has 80Mil customers strong and growing... we are the leader in tech. and As far as the coverage map.... take another look.
    06-01-09 12:43 PM
    Okay I work for Verizon and I must say I am sick of people asking when the IPhone is coming to Verizon... first of all if we did take on the IPhone it would need a sh!t ton of work to meet our standards.... (Hello you can't even send picture messages with the iphone???) And maybe we will get it maybe we wont... If the only reason you want the iphone is for the apps... ummm hello.... check out BB App world... and if you want your "Itunes" install your BB Desktop manager... there is a function that does that too... GET OVER THE IPHONE ppl look to the future!
    Realize that most of the people complaining are people that wanted the consumer oriented appeal that the iPhone has while the familiar functionality that of a Blackberry. Yes there are pros and cons to both phones, but the STABILITY of a phone and its OS also has a lot to do with the complaints. And the Storm just doesn't live to the hype, plain and simple.
    06-01-09 12:50 PM
    if its done right??? they havent came out with a good update for the first storm what makes you think that the second will be any better if they cant do it right the first time.
    I think 2nd, 3rd, and so on and so forth gen technologies get better, not too sure though, but I think so. lol
    06-01-09 01:02 PM
    AT&T has crap coverage... I have no idea where you are getting your knowlege.... Verizon has 80Mil customers strong and growing... we are the leader in tech. and As far as the coverage map.... take another look.
    Um.. look at the coverage on both ATT and Verizon and you'll see both are very similar. Just because Verizon has 80 million customers doesn't mean it's the best.. it just means that it has more customers.

Verizon's coverage and userbase increased when it purchased Alltel.

BTW, here's the 2 coverage indicators.. Verizon does cover a little bit more, but only if you live in Timbuktu do you notice it.

AT&T Coverage Viewer

Coverage Locator - Verizon Wireless

Leader in tech? That's laughable.. Verizon gets devices a year after GSM devices.. lead what?
    Last edited by sniffs; 06-01-09 at 02:02 PM.
    06-01-09 01:05 PM
    The customer base numbers for US carriers isn't gonna change much anymore except with mergers. You gain some, you lose some. Their goal is to increase your monthly bill with a smartphone data contract. It it takes an iPhone or a BB to do that they could care less. Just bump up your bill and they're happy campers.
    06-01-09 01:46 PM
    So why doesn't VZW go GSM instead of CDMA?
    06-01-09 02:07 PM
    So why doesn't VZW go GSM instead of CDMA?
    It will be going LTE which is being coined as a big brother to GSM due to laws and what not.

LTE will be what AT&T and Verizon both use.
    06-01-09 02:16 PM
    I don't understand all of you people who want the iphone soooo bad but won't go to at&t.

I had an unlocked iphone on Tmobile and I hated it!!! (Mainli because I'm a huge texter) I actually went back to the Sidekick!

Who cares if the iphone goes to verizon, I thought this was a Blackberry forum.

06-01-09 03:07 PM
196 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD