Have been researching and compiled all the online research on the new OS. Tmobile is coming out with the 4.5 OS in the first quarter of 08' for sure. My guesstimate is going to be last week of March, and maybe first week of April. Unless a T mo rep can say Im wrong and show proof. Kudos CB
    02-26-08 08:56 PM
    What kind of proof do you have to support that? There has been so many rumors and predictions and guesstimates, that i wont believe it till i see it at this point.
    Also, i would assume ATT, which is the bigger better BB provider, would get it first..
    02-26-08 09:11 PM
    Unfortunately, based on past experience us Verizon users will possibly be the last ones to get this update.
    02-26-08 09:49 PM
    pfft verizon??? more like rogers in canada
    02-26-08 09:53 PM
    I attended a Blackberry symposium and one of the RIM sales rep talked about mid-late 1st quarter of this year which would put it around march. Also in attendace was Veri7on which said they are working a an agreement with RIM to be one of the first with devices and such!

Just what they thout anyway

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-08 10:06 PM
    Also, i would assume ATT, which is the bigger better BB provider, would get it first..
    bigger and better? iv seen nothing bigger and better about them. also i think since att singed with apple well see a down fall on att rim didnt like that from what im seeing (reading)
    02-27-08 09:28 AM
    What does version 4.5 offer? Just curious.
    02-27-08 09:37 AM
    go to google and search rim os 4.5 you will find lot's of info. or on here. search os 4.5. good luck and happy reading.....
    02-27-08 09:50 AM
    Ok, here is what I got today. I'm with tmo, and today, i got a text message saying this...

"by 3/8/08 go to t-mobile.com/bbupgrade from you pc to get software for your pearl 8100."

i'm not sure if that means that they are going to roll out the 4.5 by 3/8/08 or what... but it has my attention.

So i called tmobile to find out more about this text message. they had absolutely nothing to say about it. now one in the entire tmo phone support knew anything about it.

has anyone else gotten this message, or is it just some sort of ghost text?

john
    02-27-08 09:37 PM
    Haven't seen that, I would like to though!
    02-27-08 11:35 PM
    Ok, here is what I got today. I'm with tmo, and today, i got a text message saying this...

"by 3/8/08 go to t-mobile.com/bbupgrade from you pc to get software for your pearl 8100."

i'm not sure if that means that they are going to roll out the 4.5 by 3/8/08 or what... but it has my attention.

So i called tmobile to find out more about this text message. they had absolutely nothing to say about it. now one in the entire tmo phone support knew anything about it.

john
    That message is about upgrading to the newest TMo OS, but its not the 4.3/4.5 upgrade. it is telling you to do it by 3/8/08 because of the daylight savings patch, thats why there is the specific date. DST is 3/9/08
    02-28-08 01:02 AM
    Bigger and Better B/Berry provider AT&T?? Give me a break!! Verizon whips them hands down on service. I left them a long time ago because I couldn't get a signal at my job or let alone any closed up space without any windows. AT&T??? Hehehehehehehe!!!

02-28-08 07:07 AM
    I don't see any shot that Tmobile or any other carrier will receive the 4.5 upgrade before ATT. ATT is the first carrier to get the new BB goodies.
    02-28-08 07:52 AM
    ATT has been amazing with BB support and premier customer care.

I have been with all 3 major companies, and by far, ATT has been the best one as far as price and service.

Seeing as ATT was the first to offer the Curve and a few other BBs, they will most likely get the update first followed by tmo.

02-28-08 10:17 AM
    ATT FTW

02-28-08 01:41 PM
    AT&T has been around for 122 years now. Experience wins hands down. Not to mention I work for them. There has been some info regarding 4.5 for Pearl so far.
    02-28-08 02:04 PM

john
    i too received the text. i went onto the website, but i already had v4.2.1.107, which is the latest offered on their site for the pearl. i upgraded to the new version listed on another posting on a forum for the bb 8100 (v4.2.1.109), but reverted back today because i was having issues with java and my facebook application. plus, you lose myfave icons and such which are specific to t-mobile by upgrading with the instructions on that other post. i guess long story short is upgrade to v4.2.1.107 (if you don't already have this version on your bb) which is the current available from t-mobile.
    02-28-08 06:18 PM
    if i have an unlocked 8310 curve and am using it on tmo
    would i get the tmo update or the att update?
    02-28-08 06:36 PM
    Like I said, I am with TMO and this is the information I gathered for the Curve for Tmo only. NOt ATT or Verizon. I am on Tmo network and I only searched information for that carrier. You guys have blew it out of proportion. Do some research on your carrier. Tmo will be last week of march and maybe first week of april.
    02-28-08 08:18 PM
    Would it really matter what provider got it? Couldn't anyone download it and then delete the vender.xml file or will that not work with the 4.3/4.5 OS?
    02-28-08 09:02 PM
    Any word if this update supposed to fix the .mp3 ringtone volume?

Hopefully, the "improved" media player will get rid of the annoying video lag...
    02-28-08 10:35 PM
    Hmm, is that the case? It would be cool if it was that easy!

02-28-08 11:45 PM
    correct me if i'm wrong.. but it doesn't really matter who releases it first right? Cause can i download AT&T's even though i'm on Tmobile?
    02-28-08 11:57 PM
    Have been researching and compiled all the online research on the new OS. Tmobile is coming out with the 4.5 OS in the first quarter of 08' for sure. My guesstimate is going to be last week of March, and maybe first week of April. Unless a T mo rep can say Im wrong and show proof. Kudos CB
    My T-Mobile rep just told me "sometime this spring" for BES 4.1.5, which obviously is needed to support OS 4.5. That information came from the RIM rep he deals with. So take that any way you want, but I am guessing we have a month or more left to wait......
    02-29-08 09:59 AM
    Why is the US always last to get the cool stuff?

03-01-08 12:02 AM
1,204 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD