I am probably the poster child for "Crackberry" and the addiction that can take over a persons life so easily by this small hand held device. But to me it was more than that. It was a window to a world that I so desperately at the time needed. It provided me companionship, without the commitment. It made me laugh, when there were tears. It provided me the very much needed outlet to get me through some pretty damn rough times.

I will tell most anyone that it is an economic decision to walk away from by very worn BB. But, that is not the total truth. I am walking away from a virtual world that has taken me away from the everyday world that is around me. Those small moments with my daughters, the laughter/tears with my friends, and the precious times with my family.

I had no idea that I would get lost so easily into the BB world. The many friends I met on BBM and ones I will stay friends with even after the BBM light goes out have made a lasting impression.

I am no longer looking to fill the void. I have learned to fill that with the beautiful things around me.

This has been the most unbelievable ride of my life. I grew so much through this experience and realized it is time to put the BB down.

Thank you to all of the wonderful folks I met on CB. You made me laugh, and made me think twice about many topics brought up on the many forums.

As I walk away the Irish quote that comes to mind is:

"May the wind always be at my back, and the road rise up to meet me"

Slainte (Good Luck)

11-17-09 09:41 PM
    Paddy you were my first at TBL, and we've know each other quite a while now. The past few months you've grown to be a wonderful friend. What you have said hear is so true, beautifully put, and sad also. It's a deep felt moment to have to say good bye to you, on CrackBerry, and on BBM. There will be a spot left vacant on my list, that never can be filled. This will be a big adjustment in your life, and I pray it works out only for the better.

WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 09:45 PM
    *surprised* Wow.
    Well, if that's what's best for you Paddy, you'd be a fool not to do it. Good luck to you.
    Actually, I sometimes have similar thoughts.
    11-17-09 10:16 PM
    I don't think you should have to get rid of your device. Just learn to holster it when appropriate.

However, if hangin' up the ol' RIM device is what it takes to get the priorities together, then its definitely the right thing to do. I wish ya luck Paddy.
    11-17-09 10:53 PM
    Best of luck, and many bright horizons, Paddy. May the same wind that blows at your back dry the tears you may shed, the rains that dampen your hair also refresh the garden of your life, and the sun light your way out of the darkness and into a better tomorrow.

Sl�n go f�ill.

Last edited by BergerKing; 11-18-09 at 12:26 AM.
    11-18-09 12:20 AM
    I wish you all the best paddy stay well! It has been fun having you pop into TBL and puttin the boys in their place at some times! LOL

11-18-09 06:26 AM
    Paddy, I have to stand behind anything that improves your life. But do remember, everything in moderation. Don't be scared to pop in on occasion and say hello....

Good luck in life! And choose happiness.
    11-18-09 07:49 AM
    *waves goodbye to Paddygirl*

Whatever choices you must make, I hope they bring nothing but happiness and love. You're a doll.
    11-18-09 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD